You guys can pretty much scratch a FF7 Remake on HD

Remake only possible if it can be done in a year.

I’m assuming because there’s no guarantee it would sell on top of being an expensive and long process. It took three and a half years for XIII he says a remake of VII would take three to four times that so well over a decade to remake VII which means its not going to happen. I’m pretty sure in fact Square isn’t happy about XIII taking three and half years of dev time either.

I’m not sure why it would take so long but clearly its nonsensical at least according to Kitase if it really would take 10 years or more we’d certianly be past PS3/Xbox 360 standards.

It doesn’t have to be on the PS3 or 360 crisis core,dissidia, and birth by sleep all look really good I would be fine with a psp remake.

Last I remember people wanted a PS3 version. Also that gets thrown out the window pretty soon considering on 4guys1up Shane said PSP2 as well as DS2 are the big news of E3. PSP isn’t exactly the place they’d put it since the new handhelds are looming.

But then it wouldn’t be HD, hence the title.

Well yeah but even a PSP remake isn’t going to fly unless its already in the works. PSP2 and DS2 are apparently the big news of E3 and that’s likely where new projects are going to go.

The whole remake thing started with This. The CG video Square was using to pimp the PS3 back when all the companies were making CG bull. This is what people think of when they want that FF VII remake. Worked fine in getting people excited for PS3 and in fact even for a remake problem is square really has no intentions of making it.

Again you say its not about graphics but it honestly is. If that weren’t the case last I remember the actual FF VII is on PSN so what do you need a remake for. The point of a remake is having tech or game design they didn’t have back then. I don’t know what the PSN numbers are but I doubt its high enough to justify Square Enix going back to VII.

They need to remake FFVI for the DS like they did with IV.

Will be announced the E3 after Versus 13 ships in Japan. Square Enix is trying to throw every excuse they can b/c they want all the attn on 13, VS13, and 14.

They should just come out and say that instead of making themselves look like incompetent jackasses. :neutral_face:

[quote=“sbf717”]Will be announced the E3 after Versus 13 ships in Japan. Square Enix is trying to throw every excuse they can b/c they want all the attn on 13, VS13, and 14.

They should just come out and say that instead of making themselves look like incompetent jackasses. :neutral_face:[/quote]

And how do you know this? I would actually assume its probably not worth it because people would flip if its not what they remember. The increased graphics has to cost quite a bit of money for how expansive that game was its not like they are making a 5 hour game or something in HD. Although beats me if his assertion of 3-4 times FF XIII is accurate but if that’s true I can see why its not worth it for them.

It would take a decade… to REMAKE a game?

This is huh, wow.

[quote=“nothere413”]It would take a decade… to REMAKE a game?

This is huh, wow.[/quote]

Beats me what he’s using to calculate that but if that’s true then yes a decade XIII took a long time. I don’t think you can deny that even if it were only double that would still be most of a gen developing one game (7 years). I’m sure it is fairly painstaking to make the graphic details and VII was a large game again that was a game that took a seemingly long time.

Really it depends on the accuracy of the statement it would take longer. I mean XIII has no towns because it would take time and money Square Enix didn’t want to pay and this is their premier franchise not some remake.

Why? They would, if anything, just port it.

Its current enough to not be remade, people need to wait a few more years.

So wait.

Yeah I know just saying they could pick something else other than the HD consoles that seems to be the main thing stopping them all the time. Maybe as their first real Wii game it would sell if they advertise it.

:lol That’d be the best thing ever. That would be a much bigger megaton than FF13 for 360.

They might have had opportunity before but I don’t think they do now and its not because of third party title sales either. I mean we are getting somewhat news on the Wii successor for sure we are getting at that time when successor hype is going to take over in a year. No More Heroes 3 is planned for the next console so I assume its not that far off. Games starting development now might not make it before the next console.

Guess it depends on when the next console is coming really and what Nintendo does with it. Guess Nintendo could make the graphics the same but I think since 360 and PS3 both had better ones and people complained Nintendo will increase theirs.

I guess he could be full of it when he says it would be three to four times the time. I doubt they have the time to finish it this gen even if they started right now anyways and only took as long as FF XIII.

They probably don’t have the time left on Wii.

Square has no cred when it comes to Final Fantasy on Wii they gave us that chobo thing, the DS port and Crystal Bearers…

People aren’t rich enough to go right out and the buy the new consoles right away and there is really no reason for them to make new ones so I don’t see why not. Also something like this could give them more credibility since it would be a real final fantasy game something that they really need to do even if its not this.

Your right but developent generally shifts to the new consoles. Continued PS2 was this weird phase where developers some developers weren’t willing to work on Xbox 360 and PS3 and didn’t think much of Wii. Developers have been ignoring Wii for quite some time so for third parties as soon as the successor comes out consumers aren’t going to care for games on the previous consoles. I’ve heard developers claim Nintendo didn’t have enough graphics so I somehow doubt they’ll pass over the successor to make games on Wii. Third parties think Wii games can’t sell quite a bit the fault of third parties themselves and its the lead console. I just can’t see them making a port of a old game on a console that’s going to get replaced by the time they get it done not to mention third parties pretend its a disease or something. Could have put a serious Final Fantasy game on it long ago when it needed an RPG but instead they did the POS that is Crystal Bearers. I think as interesting as Arc Rise Fantasia is they are going to get overshadowed as soon as Nintendo shows more of Xenoblade and The Last Story now anything that wants to come is going to have to compete with these three games in the RPG space. I’m not even sure what the developers of Arc Rise Fantasia are going to do when Nintendo starts showing more of Xenoblade and The Last Story which are starting to get hype and are likely to overshadow Arc Rise Fantasia.

Again your right in that Square needs to put a Serious Final Fantasy on Wii to establish a brand. Ubisoft was smart in making new IP in Red Steel and No more Heroes at least people thought they were interesting. Both those games have some cred with Wii owners Final Fantasy at this point is seen as a Microsoft and Sony thing where Square Enix isn’t going to put serious efforts on Nintendo consoles. I guess Square Enix does have Dragon Quest X coming out.

For Wii???

So FF7 can continue to have terrible graphics… Ohhh joy -_-

[SPOILER]I desperately want to see Aerith die in stunning 1080p. I want to see that bitch’s retinas go wide and say "Bitch that’ll teach you to get all pissy about the flower wagon Zack made for you in Crisis Core :neutral_face:[/SPOILER]

[quote=“sbf717”]For Wii???

[SPOILER]I desperately want to see Aerith die in stunning 1080p. I want to see that bitch’s retinas go wide and say "Bitch that’ll teach you to get all pissy about the flower wagon Zack made for you in Crisis Core :neutral_face:[/SPOILER][/quote]

See exactly my point. Sorry Gillian but I think most people thinking on a Final Fantasy remake are thinking along the lines of sbf. Either way Square encouraged that thinking with the tech demo even if it wasn’t their intention. Developers are complaining about costs but as a whole they are shunning Wii for exactly the opposite.

Some developers do stupid things though. For a while Sakura Wars so long my love was listed as being more expensive on Wii than PS2 and without the special content. Now they got smart and priced it cheaper than the PS2 version but the PS2 version is special edition or something so they finally priced it an appropriate price. I think what will hurt it on Wii is if it doesn’t have the dual audio because I’ve heard the dubbing and not something you’d want to listen to really.

[quote=“sbf717”]For Wii???

[SPOILER]I desperately want to see Aerith die in stunning 1080p. I want to see that bitch’s retinas go wide and say "Bitch that’ll teach you to get all pissy about the flower wagon Zack made for you in Crisis Core :neutral_face:[/SPOILER][/quote]
That would definitely be CG anyways so who cares? >_>

Wii can’t output video in HD at all. If it could Netflix would support HD on Wii. >_>