Xbox 360 FF13 Adverts swamp PS3 websites (LOL)

http://www.uffsite.net/news/372/now-xbox-360-ff13-adverts-swamp-ps3-websites.html

…And again I lol’d.

I get the feeling this is partially why Final Fantasy XIII is on the 360. It would be dumb for Microsoft to not try and make a big deal about it. The simple fact people think Final Fantasy belonged to Sony showed how important something like this is. Although to me its just third party spamming their product on every platform because its getting to a point where they have to Microsoft just maybe gave Square an incentive to promote the 360 version.

Welcome to nine months ago…

Okay but the main point of this is Microsoft trying to place itself as the console third parties come to. The only company that can deal without third party support is Nintendo. By Microsoft saying they’ve taken what was once believed to be an exclusive franchise to Sony it makes people question what is exclusive which considering that’s how Sony’s platform’s have survived it’s a benefit to Microsoft while also being a blow to Sony. Sony and Microsoft survive on third party support. Influencing consumers to believe your platform is going to have more exclusives and take away competitor exclusives is what you want to do.

Considering Nintendo have the mindshare Microsoft and Sony have to jokey to try to get as many third party titles especially exclusives as possible. Again if Nintendo had good third party support with Wii Microsoft and Sony would be in deep trouble they are doing okay because some people can still write off Wii because of its graphics and poor support from developers beyond Nintendo.

Anyone going to a Playstation specific website only wants Playstation specific content so that’s just dumb.

No PS3 only owner is gonna go “Yup bout time I buy a 360” and 360 only owners don’t give a flying shit what’s happening at Playstation Universe.

[quote=“sbf717”]Anyone going to a Playstation specific website only wants Playstation specific content so that’s just dumb.

No PS3 only owner is gonna go “Yup bout time I buy a 360” and 360 only owners don’t give a flying shit what’s happening at Playstation Universe.[/quote]

Its not to get PS3 owners to go buy the 360 version of the game its to get you to think that playstation is losing exclusives not even PS3 but the Sony playstation brand. I remember people buying PS3’s at a point because they believed Final Fantasy XIII wouldn’t come to the 360 this removes that benefit the playstation brand had. Getting it into people’s heads that Final Fantasy games will be coming out for Xbox is way more important for Microsoft than sales of this particular Final Fantasy. If Nintendo got you to believe they’d have Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto among other popular series next console cycle your opinion of them would change dramatically. People buy consoles for the series available not just because console X is more powerful than console Y in the case of the PS3 and 360 there’s little difference in power or features really it mostly comes down to platform game selection.

[quote=“sbf717”]Anyone going to a Playstation specific website only wants Playstation specific content so that’s just dumb.

No PS3 only owner is gonna go “Yup bout time I buy a 360” and 360 only owners don’t give a flying shit what’s happening at Playstation Universe.[/quote]

Maybe its just for the publicity…

Seems to be working.

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Maybe its just for the publicity…

Seems to be working.[/quote]

Yes its a mindshare thing. Its to get people to believe every Final Fantasy from now on will be on the 360 also. Its trying to take the mindshare of a franchise and basically saying we can get that also.

Its the same reason Microsoft bought Rare they wanted the IP they could get in Perfect Dark and perhaps maybe they have Killer Instinct.