Wii price cut isn't happening

http://kotaku.com/5329228/dont-go-looking-for-a-wii-price-cut-just-yet

Iwata looks at lack of software for Wii not meeting expectations.

Wii price cut? No, even though sales have cooled a bit (next year, yes)

PS3 price cut? Deffinatly, if they hope to regain some solid momentum.

When they drop the black Wii over here they’ll be set for another year and a half, at least.

I have no problem with the price of the Wii. A price drop isn’t going to sell 3rd party games.

[quote=“barcster_2003”]http://kotaku.com/5329228/dont-go-looking-for-a-wii-price-cut-just-yet

Iwata looks at lack of software for Wii not meeting expectations.[/quote]

So what happened? They didn’t reach the yearly quota for delivering 75 mini-game titles?

Right this is what they get for the flood of all the shitty casual games that were released on this horrid console.

The second half of 2008 and first of 2009 being so empty definitely hurt them a bit, it’s obvious that it was too long a pause between their first phase of Wii software (TP, Galaxy, Brawl, MP3, SPM) and their second phase (NSMB, Galaxy 2, Other M, Zelda Wii.) Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and better plan out the long development periods of their big titles so we don’t see a gap like that again.

Luckily they’re getting back in the game later this year and are being joined with some (finally) solid third-party support.

[quote=“Andrex”]The second half of 2008 and first of 2009 being so empty definitely hurt them a bit, it’s obvious that it was too long a pause between their first phase of Wii software (TP, Galaxy, Brawl, MP3, SPM) and their second phase (NSMB, Galaxy 2, Other M, Zelda Wii.) Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and better plan out the long development periods of their big titles so we don’t see a gap like that again.

Luckily they’re getting back in the game later this year and are being joined with some (finally) solid third-party support.[/quote]

I would agree with you, but the same problems happened with the Gamecube. I don’t really know why Nintendo continuesly does this, you’d think it would hurt them sell wise.

As for this news story, it is a little annoying how the Wii is not getting a price drop, but its selling like a bitch, and the PS2 at 99 bucks, is meh’ing sell wise, I don’t see why Nintendo needs to drop there price. PS2 is really their only competition, and there winning.

The GameCube’s drought was quite a bit worse than the anything the Wii’s gotten (so far), but when you’re selling the most and curbstomping the competition, you’d think the third parties would flock to you, which is what I’m sure Nintendo thought. Unfortunately, many people still peg the success or failure of the Wii at a specific time on Nintendo’s shoulders, and theirs alone. The mentality of “only buy a Nintendo console if you want Nintendo games” hurts both third parties and Nintendo as well, in the long run.

360 + Natal could be a problem if it’s $300 or less, but from what I gather Natal is incredibly expensive technology, and it probably won’t be that reasonably priced.

They have no reason at all to cut the price tag. It’s still the only system at that price point that comes with a game and it’s still selling on the top of the charts.

[quote=“Andrex”]
360 + Natal could be a problem if it’s $300 or less, but from what I gather Natal is incredibly expensive technology, and it probably won’t be that reasonably priced.[/quote]

Correct. Not to mention the Wii Motion+ is pretty much equal to the Natal now. Imo Natal is going to be obsolete by the time it will come out.

Jesus Christ shut up.

umad

umadmelolalil

lolollol