Which Games Have You Become Emotionally Attatched to?

For me, I have a connection with

FFX
Twilight Princess
FFTA
Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town
Street Fighter Alpha 2

Metal Gear Solid 3… It’s the only game that almost made me cry.

Okami and Shattered Memories were the only games that got me all teary eyed at the end.

Though when I was seven, I did cry when playing Monster Rancher because my monster that I worked so hard on died. I thought I messed something up, reloaded an old save, and tried again but the monster still died. That is when I came to the realization as to what death actually was and that when something died, it can never be brought back.

Super Mario Galaxy (Joy, Elation)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Sorrow, Regret)

The House of the Dead: Overkill (Humor, Fun)

Well then, if we’re also sharing the emotions tied to it…

World of WarCraft:

• Pride
  • Dedication
  • Happiness
  • Satisfaction
  • Surprised
  • Disappointment
  • Dread
  • Pure, pure hatred

(Fuck you, paladin from last night. Fuck you so goddamn much.)

Every game because you at least show one emotion even if it just hate.

Kingdom Hearts series

Final Fantasy X

modern warfare 2

it took me forever to get down that damned hill then that mother fucker shoots me in the fucking guts and sets me on fire >:{

I didn’t believe you’d be the type to play popular games, Draken. >_>

The Tales of the Abyss characters and world were easy to get attached to. The different aspects of the world all felt really genuine.

Most recently, Dragon Age: Origins comes to mind, too. It really feels like you’re thrown into a world full of real people.

The game I felt most attached to, though, is Chrono Cross. Beautifully crafted world.

Hardly any b/c games haven’t reached the same level as music, movies, or books that illicit any real emotions in me that aren’t fleeting.

Mirror’s Edge does seem to keep a lingering emotion of vertigo and exhilaration that I instantly feel when I think about it.

Also say Indigo Prophecy but even with that it’s mainly the song in the ending credits that really buried itself into my soul and made me feel an intense feeling of sadness, regret, and lost for a few weeks. If not for that I don’t know if I’d feel that intense about it.

i am peace destroyed and eyes forced open . . . ?

also, vertigo is an emotion?

lol . . . getting dizzy from mirrors edge . . .

[quote=“SCIco_Draken”]i am peace destroyed and eyes forced open . . . ?

lol . . . getting dizzy from mirrors edge . . .[/quote]

Not sure… let’s test it out on you

grabs noose

[quote=“SCIco_Draken”]i am peace destroyed and eyes forced open . . . ?

lol . . . getting dizzy from mirrors edge . . .[/quote]
Nah I’d say you’re more Guantanamo type. Bag over your head and whatnot. >_>

[quote=“sbf717”]Not sure… let’s test it out on you

grabs noose[/quote]

. . . i have know idea how any of these thing follow eachother . . .

Eternal Darkness
Animal Crossing
FF VIII (mainly listen to the soundtrack)
Mass Effect
Fable 2 (you know the part… I found myself going [SPOILER]“no way …he just shot my fucking dog!!!”[/SPOILER])

oh,and EQ, but with almost 400days played, it’s hard to not have a connection to it.

CoD4: Modern Warfare.

Not for anything in the single player campaign, but for the unusual amount of F-Bombs I drop playing it online. No other game outside of Warhawk has made me frustrated enough that I swear at my TV.

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“spooie”]CoD4: Modern Warfare.

Not for anything in the single player campaign, but for the unusual amount of F-Bombs I drop playing it online. No other game outside of Warhawk has made me frustrated enough that I swear at my TV.

:stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

You swear… at Warhawk?

Yes. Like, in the Destroyed Capitol stage when someone runs into the base and grabs the flag, and I take out 3 or 4 people with him, and then he runs back to his base on foot the entire time, while I take out another dozen people following him, and just because I’m finally about to take him out in his base just before he scores, I get shot and die as the clock counts down to the last 10 seconds… while not a single one of my team members even bothers to take him out the entire time.

That angers me.