Whats your job?

I need to get a job. So I’m just hoping to get inspired, and hopefully know what I’m looking for, so what jobs are you guys doing?

And I’m also curious, I imagine 98% of you guys are 40 and living with cho mama’s

I’m 19, going on 20. Yes, I do live with my parents. I currently have a part-time job at GameStop and going to be in college. To simply put it…I can’t afford to live alone right now and I flat out don’t trust any of my friends here enough to want to live with them.

I don’t have a job at the moment, but if I did I would probably be working in a store.

I am going to college to get a degree in Computer Science.

I work in produce at a gorcery store

I make 7.80 an hour and hate every single min I’m in that horrid place. I would have went crazy i a long time ago if I didnt have the ablitiy to sneak off and play my PSP or iPod >_>

Oh yeah, I make $8.98 because they can’t just give me two more cents to make it an even $9…

I’m bottom management; it’s like being an assistant-assistant manager.

[quote=“Kumiko”]Oh yeah, I make $8.98 because they can’t just give me two more cents to make it an even $9…

I’m bottom management; it’s like being an assistant-assistant manager.[/quote]

I want to be you. 9 bucks seems alot to me (Considering I make 5 bucks… a week >_> ) But I probably should work at a gaming place. All those other nerds will raise my self esteem.

[quote=“sbf717”]I work in produce at a gorcery store

I make 7.80 an hour and hate every single min I’m in that horrid place. I would have went crazy i a long time ago if I didnt have the ablitiy to sneak off and play my PSP or iPod >_>[/quote]
I would not want to be you. Simply because I would not be able to put up with middle aged mom’s. Euch.

Actually the creep me out… >_>

I might start working at a new GS opening near me. Any advice Kumi??

1. Be able to deal with dumbass: You have to be a people person for a retail job like GameStop since customer interaction is heavily implied. You are confound to a small location to where even restocking shelves will not spar you from having to deal with customers. Some people will be cool while others will make you want to shoot yourself. So be able to handle a wide variety of personalities from people who are extremely stubborn and closed minded to people who are just plan asses for the sake of knowing you can’t be an ass back without getting fired.

2. Be able to handle tedious work: Things won’t change too much from day to day. Chances are, you’ll start off at the bottom position since I would assume they would pull in previously experienced employees to handle the management positions at a new store. So you’ll spend a lot of time doing pretty much the same thing over and over again each time you go to work.

3. Be knowledgeable: While you can get a job there and get away with knowing little to knowing about games or knowing a certain product more, it’s always a plus to know a lot about everything in order to better answer customer questions; it makes you less likely to look stupid if someone asks you something since you won’t have to say, “I don’t know…”

4. Be organized and efficient: These are just two characteristics that will make the job so much easier.

Bottom line…Just be prepared for a typical retail job, which can get quite stressful especially around the holidays.

Thanks Kumi.

1 will be a challenge, but I made it through high school didn’t I? :stuck_out_tongue: 2 and 4 should be no sweat. And 3, well I do visit two gaming forums and read gaming blogs don’t I?

I know it isn’t going to be as easy as I’m making it out to be, but don’t crush my dreams. </3

I’m 16, it’s summer, I’m not working lol

I’m 19 and I work at a kennel. And I don’t live with my family, I live in a apartment full of crazy people.

I love my job, even though the management is practically horseshit now, I GET PAID TO PLAY WITH PUPPIES, so I don’t care. :smiley:

Well I wish you luck, Andrex.

I am still searching for it, hoping for the best in my college’s bookstore which is likely, Gamestop, Borders, or Best Buy.

I always thought you were 30… WERE TWINS :heart;

Goddamn kids today. :frown;

[font=Comic Sans MS]GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY LAWN, YOU LIL’ WANKAHS!!![/font] :neutral_face:

I’m a grade 6 clerk for the New York State Education Department.

I also work 1 day every 4 weeks for my old supermarket helping with inventories.

When you get some used games from some putz and someone else comes in and asks if you have any NEW copies of something, and asks if the copy you just got used was a NEW copy, you always answer YES.
:smiley:

[quote=“spooie”]I’m a grade 6 clerk for the New York State Education Department.

I also work 1 day every 4 weeks for my old supermarket helping with inventories.[/quote]

Sounds fancy. How much money do you get from that (If you don’t mind me asking)

I dont have a job and live in my own house in Austin. Dont ask how I pay the bills they just get paid. I’m about to move out into a 3 story town home though I cant wait.