What is the oldest paper currency you have in your possession?

I’ve got an old $20 sitting here that I got from the bank a few months back that doesn’t have the money strip running through it. It is a Pre-1998 style bill with the old design. Note that the $20 has been updated TWICE in the last 13 years.

Yet, this sucker dates back to 1963.

How on earth is survived destruction after all this time, and even given back to the public, is beyond me. Fact of the matter is that the average $20’s lifespan is 2 years before it deteriorates.

Makes me wonder… how old is the oldest $20, or, for that matter, the oldest paper currency you have with you? The oldest $20 outside of this 1963 that I have was printed in 2000.

And just how long does a bill last before it wears out? According to the Federal Reserve, which I believe burns around $200,000 a day…

$1 21 months
$5 16 months
$10 18 months
$20 24 months
$50 55 months
$100 89 months

I have a mint condition 5 dollar silver certificate (looks like a normal old style bill almost) I was given as a paper route tip for Christmas about 20 years ago (and it was old then)

Looks a bit like this:

[quote=“spooie”]I’ve got an old $20 sitting here that I got from the bank a few months back that doesn’t have the money strip running through it. It is a Pre-1998 style bill with the old design. Note that the $20 has been updated TWICE in the last 13 years.

Yet, this sucker dates back to 1963.

How on earth is survived destruction after all this time, and even given back to the public, is beyond me. Fact of the matter is that the average $20’s lifespan is 2 years before it deteriorates.

Makes me wonder… how old is the oldest $20, or, for that matter, the oldest paper currency you have with you? The oldest $20 outside of this 1963 that I have was printed in 2000.

And just how long does a bill last before it wears out? According to the Federal Reserve, which I believe burns around $200,000 a day…

$1 21 months
$5 16 months
$10 18 months
$20 24 months
$50 55 months
$100 89 months[/quote]

I got a ten dollar bill from 2001