What do you do, when...

An older friend you rarely communicate with, but used to be familiar with some years ago on a messageboard and is on your Xbox Live friend’s list, keeps sending you Xbox Live Party invites and Messages repeatedly as soon as you log into the system and just will absolutely not stop?

I got on my 360 for the first time since March a few moments ago to do a quick rundown of some original Xbox titles and this one guy, who was a TechTV vet that I MIGHT have one conversation a year with, and I’m sure is a decent all around guy, keeps sending me party invites and messages over and over and over and over and over again, and all I want to do is be left alone to play these damned games in 10 minute increments?

He sent me about 7 party requests and 5 messages in the span of about a minute and a half. Thankfully, the original Xbox cuts off all Live support due to the emulation requirements. But, hot damn… it gets annoying. I don’t want to be rude or nothing. I just want to play in peace.

And the way the dashboard is, I don’t even know how the hell to log OUT of Xbox Live.

1. Go to “Personal Settings.”

2. Select “Online Status”

3. Change it to “Appear Offline.”

4. ???

5. PROFIT

Tell them to cut it out?

Yeah I hate that. But usually, I just ignore them, you kinda have to be rude…

Besides, I always ask if someone wants to play me on CoD4, for me anyways, it just seems nice to do.

What is the point of having an “appear offline” status if 1) you appear ONLINE automatically BEFORE you can change the options, and 2) it doesn’t carry over to the next time you turn the system on?

For what? Like taking 5 whole seconds to navigate to the online status clicker, as opposed to how long your going to be on Live?

Damn those 5 seconds, can’t trust them. :Q

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]For what? Like taking 5 whole seconds to navigate to the online status clicker, as opposed to how long your going to be on Live?

Damn those 5 seconds, can’t trust them. :Q[/quote]

Well, when YOU get bombarded with 19 “JOIN MY PARTY!!!” requests in 5 seconds, then you can deal with it, missy.
:disgust;

Goddamn, you must be really fucking popular.

What do you do? Going into your settings and set it, first off, that when your system turns on you don’t automatically log you on. Then you can use the appears offline trick with no problems if needed.

I always seem to log in automatically for some reason. Or, I should say, I always seem to be logged in when the system starts up.

Or, you could tell this person to stop sending you invites all the time.

I tried that way back when I was using it a lot earlier in the year. Didn’t work then.

I ignore them or send a message saying I’m doing something else.

Eventually it stops.

Why don’t people do that to me?:frowning:

Dont worry ill get you next time you go online

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]1. Go to “Personal Settings.”

1. Select “Online Status”

2. Change it to “Appear Offline.”

3. ???

4. PROFIT[/quote]

/thread

and, as I say, you can change that.