Wait...What...?

[align=center][/align]

OK, guys, I swear I’m not making this up… I was watching an episode of King of the Hill on Adult Swim that has me flabbergasted.

The episode began fairly normal with Peggy causing Leanne to get fired from her job as a waitress. She then ends up enrolling Leanna in a course at the local college for entrepreneurship where the public speaker ends up asking her out. Apparently, the guy owns a pork production plant.

Eventually, he asks her to move to his mansion with him. She begins to notice weird behavior as the guy starts forcing her to wear the same dress style everyday. One morning, she wakes up to having her hair dyed and braided.

She ends up finding a shrine to his parents in some room in the house. Apparently, he was trying to force her to dress like his dead mother when she was younger based on an ad in an old magazine for the company. He then asks her to marry some guy he also had living at the mansion who looked like his dead father, feeling that this would “complete” his family.

Naturally she’s freaked out and tries to run from him. She ends up in the slaughter house where he is chasing her. She manages to escape when he gets knocked out and then ends up getting impaled by a spike to kill the pigs. Then it’s implied that he is ground up as his body goes through the machines.

Now…It wasn’t really the very strange - almost disturbing turn - of events that has me staring at my screen… It’s the fact that no one cares that this guy is dead. Seriously! Peggy is just pulling Leanna aside saying she’s proud of the fact that Leanna made her own decision to overcome a situation; no one bothers to call the police about the death nor do they even seem horrified at the fact this guy was just ground up right in front of their eyes.

The hell…?

Oh yeah, I know that episode. It’s a pretty fucked up one.

I dunno. I think since the guy was going to kill her, his coming death doesn’t phase the two because they think he deserved it. The part where he’s get back his sanity just before dying is messed up, I don’t think Peggy and Luanne heard him or even believed him. I realized some Arlen citizens do have little to no moral value when it concerns the dead (like Dale throwing up on a dead guy in an open casket at s funeral one time). It’s whatever goes through Mike Judge’s mind.

Sounds like Psycho.

NVM

Peter Griffin once tied a seeing eye dog to a homeless man. The dog dragged him to death, and Peter got his eyes. This shows how much concern Fox has for the dead.

Yeah, I was a bit confused by that…

The Main difference is that King of the Hill is actually funny.

[quote=“nothere413”]Yeah, I was a bit confused by that…

The Main difference is that King of the Hill is actually funny.[/quote]

I love you.

Wow. I’ve watched alot of King of the Hill episodes, but I’ve never seen that one.

Maybe it’s because I’m watching the 4pm episodes…

Funnier than Family Guy?

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

You’re right, I should have said that the difference was that King of the Hill is a good show while Family is unfunny, lacks a story, and is an all-around bad show.

My bad. Sorry.

[quote=“nothere413”]You’re right, I should have said that the difference was that King of the Hill is a good show while Family is unfunny, lacks a story, and is an all-around bad show.

My bad. Sorry.[/quote]

No, you should’ve said that King of the Hill is a mediocre show about unlikable people that get themselves into generic unfunny situations, whereas Family Guy actually has likable characters, good jokes, and a good story. Oh, and at least they make good political jokes, while Hank spends an entire episode worrying about George W. Bush’s handshake.

It’s cool bro. Nobody’s perfect.

ITT Final doesn’t get the satire of KOTH.

I mean, it’s cool if you like shows where all the jokes are slapped right in your face with zero depth to the humor, and I like that too (even though Family Guy has been sucking donkey dick since 2005). But I like comedy that has more subtlety, and KOTH does it just right.

you dont catch sarcasm well, do you?

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]ITT Final doesn’t get the satire of KOTH.

I mean, it’s cool if you like shows where all the jokes are slapped right in your face with zero depth to the humor, and I like that too (even though Family Guy has been sucking donkey dick since 2005). But I like comedy that has more subtlety, and KOTH does it just right.[/quote]

No, I realize that KotH is satirical. Doesn’t change the fact that their attempts at humor fail, and that the characters are unlikable. Subtlety only works when there’s actual potential for humor.

Wasn’t being sarcastic.

Well then, I’m sorry to hear that.

Go watch your dumb show.

[quote=“nothere413”]Well then, I’m sorry to hear that.

Go watch your dumb show.[/quote]

Okay, have fun substituting a fairly good comedy for a mediocre one.

Honestly, I don’t mind KotH, and I have to admit that Family Guy isn’t as funny as it used to be. But if I had to pick one or the other, I’d pick the one that has actually made me laugh, and the one where I find the characters at least semi-likable. That would be Family Guy.

Nothere is just mad that the show has essentially the same characters that The Simpsons has, but he doesn’t realize that Family Guy can actually be funny, you just can’t be so bitchy every time you watch it.

And King of the Hill is completely different from Family Guy, there both funny and cartoon, but the humor of both is different.

Dale Gribble alone is more funny that ANY of the characters of FG. Every main character in KOTH has their own uniqueness and their characterizations aren’t forced upon them so drastically like a bunch of those sitcom-esque shows, and FG.

Obviously, if it’s not sitcom-like humor it doesn’t click well with you. The true effectiveness of the satire Mike Judge crafted eludes you so much if you don’t know what makes KOTH so funny. :lol

Family Guy used to have likable characters. Now like the Simpsons they’re all parodies of themselves.

Well-meaning but incompetent Peter > High-pitched over-excitable retard (literally) Peter who goes out of his way to hurt his family

“Every mom” Louis with common sense > Lois who goes with Peter’s retarded antics and laughs for 5 minutes at all his dumb jokes

Stewie… ugh, where do I even begin?

Slow to respond but funny when he does Chris > Normal talking just plain stupid Chris

Meg’s loneliness getting an offhand reference maybe once an ep > Devoting entire eps or segments to it

Brian… he’s more different than even Stewie turned out to be. And so much, much worse.

Watching a season 1 to 3 episode on Adult Swim and comparing it with anything after is just night and day, they’re like completely different characters. Cleveland’s so different they gave him his own new show.

Has Family Guy made me laugh post-revival? A couple times, but it seems they’re decreasing drastically with every new episode. The show is absolutely terrible now.

I don’t hate Family Guy, I hate the abomination it’s become. Seasons 1 to 3 got me from pre-adolescence until high school. In high school people would go on and on about how Family Guy last night was so funny, etc., and I would just half-hearted chuckle, “Umm, yeah, ha ha, I guess that part was funny…?” I thought maybe there was just something wrong with me, that I wasn’t “in” enough to know the jokes. But the more I watched the more I came to realize that wasn’t the case, Family Guy’s “jokes” throw themselves at your face so hard there’s no way you could miss it (this being the opposite of satire.)

They keep reusing gimmicks too, like they’re strapped for time. Death should have just been two episodes. The fighting chicken maybe could have been two, but would have been fine if they had left it at one. Bertram should have stayed at one episode. They’re running out of ideas and can’t create memorable concepts like these anymore, so they dip into the vault of OG Family Guy just to fill the time. It’s disgusting.