Valve waiting to see compelling natal game

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/07/valve-wants-to-see-a-compelling-game-from-natal-so-do-we/

Honestly Valve is a highly enough regarded developer that they shouldn’t be waiting. I wonder how many others are “Waiting”. I guess its quite a while before we really learn about Natal but lets face if it devs are thinking straight they should be all over the new things like Wiimotion Plus, Wii Vitality Sensor, Natal, Sonys Wand.

I’m sure they want to see if the damn thing acturally works first before going into the natal.

I’m still dumbfounded they haven’t ported the… what is it, five years-old? Half-Life 2 engine to Wii. It would be well worth their time.

Maybe they want to make sure that NATAL won’t be a financial black hole, so that all of their hard work won’t go to waste? And this makes them retarded?

I don’t understand you guys sometimes. =\

[quote=“Little_Goten”]Maybe they want to make sure that NATAL won’t be a financial black hole, so that all of their hard work won’t go to waste? And this makes them retarded?

I don’t understand you guys sometimes. =[/quote]
Who said they were retarded?

:lol :lol :lol

Half Life 2 was ported to Xbox 1 with mediocore results.

Not to mention Source has been up for license for 5 years with timid response. So I dont understand why on earth anyone would want Source on Wii.

Half Life 2 was on the PS2 if I recall, it could easily be done on Wii in some kind of budget compilation pack. Would sell gangbusters.

No Half Life 1 was on PS2 and it ran awesome… half Life 2 is leaps and bounds a more techinal game than HL1 and even on Xbox1 people complained about an inconstant framerate and load times with HL2

And lets not also forget than even 5 years ago a PC needed to run HL2 was way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more powerful than a Wii.

Cool story Valve.

No man, they’re Valve. IF IT’S NOT A PC OR 360, IT’S NOT WORTH THEIR TIME AT ALL.

Valve + Microsoft = Besties

Same thing with BioWare too…usually. I wish you’d all stop hating on Microsoft…

.>

[quote=“sbf717”]No Half Life 1 was on PS2 and it ran awesome… half Life 2 is leaps and bounds a more techinal game than HL1 and even on Xbox1 people complained about an inconstant framerate and load times with HL2

And lets not also forget than even 5 years ago a PC needed to run HL2 was way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more powerful than a Wii.[/quote]

Naw. It probably ran like crap on Xbox because Valve has bad coders (lol amirite Chad?), the Wii is more powerful than Xbox, you just have to know how to use it.

The game is five years old. The engine is five years old. The Wii is half that. Valve’s just taking the lazy route (just like with their PS3 versions amirite?)

Which is why M$ virtually forces devs to put prices on their DLC and why almost all of it is free on PC, pay on 360, amirite?

You heard about Epic games just skipping over the 360 for the Titan Pack in UnReal Tournament 3, right? MS should have thought about patches and stuff before they went and made that shit-ass arcade version 360.

[quote=“Daystar”]Same thing with BioWare too…usually. I wish you’d all stop hating on Microsoft…

.>[/quote]

This.

Microsoft <3 Valve

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Microsoft <3 Valve
[/quote]

AWWWWWW:heart;

I mean really. Every major corporation these days has some seedy tactic or two going on–Microsoft is just honest enough to do it up front and personal so that everybody knows!

What you don’t know, is that the Wii-production facotry is fueled by baby’s blood, and Sony’s low prices compared to production value is just a ruse so you pity them instead of realize that their secret slave labor market is what truly makes them profit in the end.

Such a dirty business, video games.

[quote=“Daystar”]I mean really. Every major corporation these days has some seedy tactic or two going on–Microsoft is just honest enough to do it up front and personal so that everybody knows!

What you don’t know, is that the Wii-production facotry is fueled by baby’s blood, and Sony’s low prices compared to production value is just a ruse so you pity them instead of realize that their secret slave labor market is what truly makes them profit in the end.

Such a dirty business, video games.[/quote]

And I’m loving it.

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Microsoft <3 Valve
[/quote]

Microsoft tells Gabe he could stand to lost a few pounds