UK PS3 sales explode

"Chart-Track director Dorian Bloch’s told VG247 that UK PS3 sales have risen over 1,000 percent on Slim’s release.

“I’m not surprised by it,” said Bloch in a phone conversation. “There’s a lot of demand for the Slim.”

The exec said that while PS3 is shown as ‘+999%’ over week 35 in week 36, the figure is actually higher."

Linky

They must be doing something right to get a spike like that…

The rate the gif moves is terrible, must be fixed.

Then fix it ho. I anit got no more Adobe Image Ready >_>

[quote=“Sakito”]"Chart-Track director Dorian Bloch’s told VG247 that UK PS3 sales have risen over 1,000 percent on Slim’s release.

“I’m not surprised by it,” said Bloch in a phone conversation. “There’s a lot of demand for the Slim.”

The exec said that while PS3 is shown as ‘+999%’ over week 35 in week 36, the figure is actually higher."

Linky

They must be doing something right to get a spike like that…[/quote]

Of course they reduced price and launched slim while rebooting their brand if that didn’t get up sales it would be extremely bad. Forgot to mention they are trying to do deals on PS3 games currently like that best buy deal buy one get one 50% off.

PS3 sales goes “boom!” lol

But seriously, it was awesome to see PS3 gone selling very well, thanks to the price cut.

that’s funny.

Anyhoo… I think Japan’s sales are up like 350% or something.

This proofs that a 300$ cheaper system, will sell more than a 600$ system. Hopefully Sony, as well as Nintendo and Microsoft learn there lesson, and stop pricing systems that high.

Nintendo generally prices low in fact Wii’s the only console over $200 and that’s probably due to Wii Sports being included because at launch in Japan it was about $211.

Nintendo has never priced a game system above $250… which I guess is the price that the PSP Go! is going to launch at.

Yes actually never over $200 till Wii but that also includes Wii sports.

And the PSP Go!, on the otherhand, features the lack of being able to play the PSP games you already own.

:slight_smile:

[quote=“spooie”]And the PSP Go!, on the otherhand, features the lack of being able to play the PSP games you already own.

:slight_smile:[/quote]

Yeah they drop PS3 price only to raise the PSP’s. I can’t imagine that thing selling well they give you less features and make you pay more.

A hacked PSP 1000 is worth more than any PSP Go or DS.

A hacked system is only better in your eyes because you are stealing basically videogame piracy.

Sales matter? :Q

They apparently don’t matter to 3rd parties or else the majority of this years hottest AAA games would be appearing on the system with the largest install base. :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh to them they see 360+PS3+PC as a single console which is how they’re deluding themselves into thinking it’s a bigger market. Won’t be forever though.

(360 PS3 PC) Its a bigger market and its better most people here but you would agree with me on that.