The top 25 consoles of all time...

was wrong.
http://www.ign.com/top-25-consoles/index.html

I agree with the top 3. But the Dreamcast is higher on the list than the N64?

and I have one question. Why in the hell would they put the piece of shit Atari 7800 in there, as well as the Atari 5600 (Which was okay, despite the controllers) but not put the Vectrex?

Seriously?

And if you don’t know what the Vectrex is, here’s some Vectrex games.
[YOUTUBE]J8eZOJr5rs4[/YOUTUBE]

I kind of just ingnored everything when the 360 was number 6 on the list.

Atari takes 2? Bull crap.

And SNES is better than Genesis and PS2 PUT TOGETHER! Suck it Chad! You know it’s true.

[quote=“Andrex”]Atari takes 2? Bull crap.

And SNES is better than Genesis and PS2 PUT TOGETHER! Suck it Chad! You know it’s true.[/quote]

I’m not even sure what the heck they are basing this on they seem to have just randomly placed numbers and threw darts as to which console they picked. PS2 is probably that high because of popularity but that’s not really much of a basis considering whats up and whats down they just kind of picked whatever I guess.

Its pretty much opinion. But honestly, I think the general public would agree that the top 3 greatest consoles are PS2, Atari 2600, and NES.

I guess it depends on what your talking about in particular about them.

Well what are your 3?

Well I can say again it depends people are going to have wildly different answers but if you want my opinion its probably NES, SNES, Dreamcast because I remember the awesome games that came out for them and one of them clearly didn’t survive. Although if we were counting handhelds Dreamcast wouldn’t be there. Dreamcast brought some pretty awesome games at the time at least they had Soul Calibur and Crazy Taxi and Jet Grind Radio.

I never knew there were 25 consoles.

I had thought they almost forgot the Jaguar but its where I expected. Still can’t believe they have the 2600 at #2 when it was the cause of the videogame crash. That alone invalidates the list. They even mention ET was so bad they had to bury them in the desert so why is the console #2 certainly doesn’t account for game tastes.

Oh lol…

Stupid list is stupid

coming from someone like you, I thought you would’ve liked the list.

I don’t know, it’s a REALLY bad list.

Even though the list is beyond abysmal, you have to agree, the NES deserves the number one spot. It single-handily saved the crashed game industry and without it, video games wouldn’t be anywhere near as big and diverse today. Or even exist at all.

Atari 2600 as #2, that is fucking bullshit and renders the list null no matter what the other fallacies are. It should be right around last place, or completely omitted. And I can’t believe the Odyssey is number 25- the first game console ever is dead last on the list.

So yeah, it is a REALLY bad list.

Xbox 360 is really high on that list.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]Even though the list is beyond abysmal, you have to agree, the NES deserves the number one spot. It single-handily saved the crashed game industry and without it, video games wouldn’t be anywhere near as big and diverse today. Or even exist at all.

Atari 2600 as #2, that is fucking bullshit and renders the list null no matter what the other fallacies are. It should be right around last place, or completely omitted. So yeah, it is a REALLY bad list.[/quote]

I have to pretty much agree with this.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]Even though the list is beyond abysmal, you have to agree, the NES deserves the number one spot. It single-handily saved the crashed game industry and without it, video games wouldn’t be anywhere near as big and diverse today. Or even exist at all.

Atari 2600 as #2, that is fucking bullshit and renders the list null no matter what the other fallacies are. It should be right around last place, or completely omitted. And I can’t believe the Odyssey is number 25- the first game console ever is dead last on the list.

So yeah, it is a REALLY bad list.[/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? Or better yet, do you even know what your talking about? The Atari 2600 pushed videogaming to where it was today. It’s what made videogames popular. Why would it be last, I’m sorry dude, unless you like had 5 Atari 2600’s break on you like the PS2 did, than I can understand, otherwise, you and Barcster need to take some videogame history courses.

This has nothing to do with a console’s liability. While the generation of Atari/CalecoVision/Intellivision made the game industry extremely successful, it ultimately imploded because of all the bad decisions and competition with each of the companies’ divisions and manufacturers.

The Famicom is what ushered video games to where they are today.

I’m assuming you don’t know about the videogame crash of 1983

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_video_game_crash_of_1983

A console that caused one of the worst times in videogames history is odd to be at #2.