The NEW Movie Anticipation thread (2009 Edition)

Well then, here we go.

Movies I’m looking forward to:

The Box
Probably the only REAL horror movie I’ve anticipated in a long time. It’s based on one of my favorite short stories and the trailer makes it look rather… interesting. It’s safe to say I’ve been hyping this movie for over a year now, as well.

Hype-o-meter = 8/10

Dorian Gray
A Modernization of the classic novel “The Portrait of Dorian Gray”. Not much to say about this one except it looks like a watchable movie.

Hype-o-meter = 3/10

The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Yet another movie from Wes Anderson, one of my favorite directors. Supported by an all-star cast including George Clooney, Bill Murray, Meryl Streep, Owen Wilson, and Jason Schwartzman. Not to mention the animation looks amazing and original. And it’s based on a book by Roald Dahl. What’s not to like?

Hype-o-meter = 6/10

Big Fan
This movie looks absolutely fantastic. Patton Oswalt in a serious role, a GREAT premise for a movie, an award-winning director…
Not to mention how much attention it got at Sundance this year.

Hype-o-meter = 4/10

Taking Woodstock
It’s got Demetri Martin and Eugene Levy. 'nuff said.

Hype-o-meter = 5/10

Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant
Now… this COULD be a complete bastardization of one of my absolute favorite series of books. In fact, I might just go back and read them all through because the release date for this movie is coming up. The movie is similar to the Series of Unfortunate Events movie in that they’re compressing the first three books into one single movie. It seems as though they’re trying to make it more of a comedy than the dark and sad story it was in the books. They also seem to have made “flitting” into somewhat of a novelty. And John C. Reilly as Mr. Crepsley could make or break this movie. However, like a true Cirque Du Freak fanboy, I’ll go with the flow for now and see just how it’ll turn out. Needless to say, I can not wait for this movie. The cast seems solid (Reilly, Willem Dafoe, Selma Hayek and Jane Krakowski), it has a budget of 80 million, and they don’t seem to be leaving anything important out (though they added a new character to be Darren’s love interest, and that’s kind of dumb). You can all expect a full review of the movie when it comes out this October. AND HOLY SHIT THEY GOT BICKFORD SHMECKLER TO PLAY EVRA VON?! DO WANT!

Hype-o-meter = 10/10

Movies without trailers followed by their hype rating:

The World Ends 9/10
Paul 7/10
Avengers 1/10
Scott Pilgrim VS. The World 2/10
My Best Friend (Remake) 4/10
Spiderman 4 5/10

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

10/10.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

5/10

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

7/10

That’s all for now…

The Box, The Fantastic Mr. Fox, Big Fan looks like to be really good movies

Whiteout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTKygpcq2wk

The Informant!
[YOUTUBE]0hxi-z3ZZBI[/YOUTUBE]

Pandorum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMEhkTxs3_E

A Serious Man
[YOUTUBE]tcUTv3LH3ss[/YOUTUBE]

Zombieland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=071KqJu7WVo

The Lovely Bones
[YOUTUBE]no3J0vhlcgw[/YOUTUBE]

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
[YOUTUBE]IXv9Kgb59xM[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXF2nH4Z9sc

Sherlock Holmes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQbmFAE5WI

This next one comes out next year but I feel I have to post it.

Daybreakers
[YOUTUBE]ayYiMygqlfo[/YOUTUBE]

I forgot about Dr. Parnassus. It looks promising.

Absolutely nothing in this thread appeals to me. Not even Avatar and I’ve been sucking on James Cameron since Titanic came out. :confused:

Gawd, it’s as if you like everything that is shitty.

:up;

Titanic was a good movie damnit. :neutral_face:

Spiderman 4…LOL

Of course it was! It was one of the few movies in the 90s where you could skip directly over all the boring shit and go straight to the action: the ship sinking.

Come on, guys! Admit it! Whenever the two tapes came out for it, you never watched the first tape with all the boring Jack/Rose stuff; you skipped directly to the second tape that started with them hitting the ice berg. I know I did. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for stuff this year…Yeah I just want to see 9 because it’s a breath taking, graphical beauty.

Daybreaker, Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant, The Fourth Kind, Zombieland, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Sherlock Holmes, and Gamer are my top-list to watch.

[quote=“Kumiko”]Of course it was! It was one of the few movies in the 90s where you could skip directly over all the boring shit and go straight to the action: the ship sinking.

Come on, guys! Admit it! Whenever the two tapes came out for it, you never watched the first tape with all the boring Jack/Rose stuff; you skipped directly to the second tape that started with them hitting the ice berg. I know I did. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for stuff this year…Yeah I just want to see 9 because it’s a breath taking, graphical beauty.[/quote]

I wouldn’t know about the first part, I’ve never watched the whole movie. My wife (then gf) had seen it in the theater and gave away the ending to me, so I basically told her I’d never watch it and to this day, the closest I came was watching the ship sink from 2 rooms away during a poker game.

…and that top part’s a lie. I’d would have had to scan the first tape for a fleeting chance at partial nudity :Q

oh, Cloudy with a Chance for Meatballs (cause I have kids) and Surrogates (because it’s gonna be awsome Bruce Willis action, or total Burce Willis suckage)

The commercials are getting my hyped for 9.

The review and comments on imdb are saying that 9’s story isn’t so good, the characters are bland, and it’s going to be a very short movie. That’s making me second-guess it.

IMDB listed Leon Kennedy for Smash Bros. Brawl. They can’t be trusted.

How can you spoil history?!

[SPOILER]Hitler dies.[/SPOILER]

I just got back from Taking Woodstock and I gotta say it was a really good movie. Lots of nudity and swearing and some gay make outs so its not one for the family but still really entertaining.

The first thing she said when she got back from Titanic and was talking to me was “I really liked the movie, but I was sad when he died at the end”

my response? “cool, you just saved me 6 bucks and 3 hours of my life”
:disgust;

[quote=“Asrugan”]The first thing she said when she got back from Titanic and was talking to me was “I really liked the movie, but I was sad when he died at the end”

my response? “cool, you just saved me 6 bucks and 3 hours of my life”
:disgust;[/quote]

That’s a good thing though!

I saw it at the theaters and wished to get my life back. I liked seeing and learning about the ship; but I hated all the romance shit. >_>