The future of magazines starts NOW. Video, music, and dynamic weekly content!

Is print dead??

• Yes
  • No
  • I can’t read
  • meow

0 voters

Preview the NEW EGM Digital issue now for free

I think it looks pretty slick. I like how it has music from the game that is featured INDESTRUCTIBLE! But what I really can’t wait for is all the premium video and audio content that should be coming down the pipe!

Meh, EGM Digital sucks when compared to what Wired is coming up with.

EGMi is $25 a year for 12 print issues and 52 digital ones.

If Wired is gonna be doing everything they showed off in that prototype I bet each issue will be at least $20 and probably an extra $5 if you want it across multiple platform.

The Good: EGM’s back.

The Bad: Subscription prices… Bleh.

I hope not. It’s the magazines that we get the most info. I got the new game informer and I’m more excited about Portal 2 then what the internet had said.

[quote=“sbf717”]EGMi is $25 a year for 12 print issues and 52 digital ones.

If Wired is gonna be doing everything they showed off in that prototype I bet each issue will be at least $20 and probably an extra $5 if you want it across multiple platform.[/quote]

Or I could pay zero and hear about it on the internets sorry but the news gets around at least most stuff I’d care for anyways.

When they have exclusive info sure but that doesn’t last long. Also whats different then hearing about it on the internet?

[quote=“sbf717”]EGMi is $25 a year for 12 print issues and 52 digital ones.

If Wired is gonna be doing everything they showed off in that prototype I bet each issue will be at least $20 and probably an extra $5 if you want it across multiple platform.[/quote]
The pricing has more to do with the quality of the content, not the format. EGM being cheaper doesn’t mean it has to look crappy.

Any magazine that has Chris Kohler on staff can’t have that much “quality” in their content >_>

I think EGMi is appropriately designed to fit the level of resources they currently have. Sure you can be cheap and be great hell you can be free and great but the number of people who are gonna be that passionate to work hard for little or no money is drying up these days.

[quote=“sbf717”]Any magazine that has Chris Kohler on staff can’t have that much “quality” in their content >_>

I think EGMi is appropriately designed to fit the level of resources they currently have. Sure you can be cheap and be great hell you can be free and great but the number of people who are gonna be that passionate to work hard for little or no money is drying up these days.[/quote]

So why does Chris Kohler=bad? Anyways I don’t do game subscriptions why would I do a digital magazine subscription?

Chad is just a huge EGM fanboy and would defend this even if you had to stick your face in a toilet to read the ink. >_>

They should only make you do that with Wii/DS reviews since those games belong in the toilet -_-

No since those reviews belong in the toilet. I still can’t believe they never reviewed Endless Ocean.

Yes print “for me” is dead I will never order/subscribe to any magazine as of now. I just hop on the comp read some stories on the net or listen to podcast. Mostly podcast though I like the personalities that come out when people are discussing games. Its alot more pleasurable then reading reviews and previews.

…like the GCast?