Survey: Sony Considering Premium PlayStation Network Subscriptions

? I thought the whole big deal was it was free.

Survey: Sony Considering Premium PlayStation Network Subscriptions

The article says current features would remain free so it would still be free.

I don’t like the idea. Sure, the current features would remain free, but every time they would improve something, it would probably be a premium only update.

Honestly for 60 bucks a year a lot of those features look really kinda worth it especially the cloud storage since I’m running out of space on my HD. <_<

Cloud storage for save data would be awesome. I was happy that when I booted up Marble Blast Ultra again after 3 years I discovered Garage Games saves all your data to their servers so when I connected again it was just like how I left it.

Cloud storage is the big thing? The thing I’m interested in is the full 1 hour trials and the beta games. Also why is there no chart to have all the features? And some of these things should just be free like trophy alerts there’s no reason why things like this are premium.

The awesome thing about this Premium Subscriptions is that you can get old PS1 and I think PS2 games for free. 30 to 60 dollars a year is worth it if they do that.

Cloud storage is indeed very nice. But it’s also relatively cheap. There’d have to be something more to it.

Playstation 3… it does EVERYTHING.

Except what you want it to do.

I’m cool with it.

I know people have always said the PSN was better because user’s weren’t charged, but I always disagreed. Sure, free is good but the phase “you get what you paid for” comes into effect.

Whenever it came to online features, I always favored the XBox360. I may have been charged for XBox Live, but the service was always better due to features. I like the voice chatting, how convenient muliplayer is, and things like that.

So if paying to improve the PSN is what I need to do, then ok. If anything, it’ll make me more likely to play my PS3.

Well, you see, they’ve run out of things to take away from each model of the PS3 that gets released, so now they have to take away things that aren’t tangible, like free online. I’m guessing the color orange will be next.

Did you not read the part where it says all current features would remain free??

Oh yeah, I read it.

I was referring to the possibility of them charging for future, improved features.

Sony isn’t the most reliable company on their word in fact no company really is. They’ve put their foot in their mouth more than once with PS3 and if it comes down to it they’ll charge for the online.

[quote=“Kumiko”]Oh yeah, I read it.

I was referring to the possibility of them charging for future, improved features.[/quote]

That was meant for spooie :stuck_out_tongue:

but to your point I think alot of the features of XBL that Sony doesnt have like Parties and Cross Game invites are something that just wouldnt work since so many PS3 games use different services for their online.

Also some of the features tied into XBL Gold are still bullshit in my eyes. I just found out I cant even access the Forza 3 storefront unless I have XBL gold. The storefront simply lets you download more skins and tuned models of cars users have submitted.

Im fine with not being able to PLAY the game online with other people but not letting me download a Giant Bomb skin for my car is crap. Thats like saying I shouldn’t have the right to download free themes, demos, and picture packs from the marketplace. :confused:

[quote=“sbf717”]That was meant for spooie :stuck_out_tongue:

but to your point I think alot of the features of XBL that Sony doesnt have like Parties and Cross Game invites are something that just wouldnt work since so many PS3 games use different services for their online.

Also some of the features tied into XBL Gold are still bullshit in my eyes. I just found out I cant even access the Forza 3 storefront unless I have XBL gold. The storefront simply lets you download more skins and tuned models of cars users have submitted.

Im fine with not being able to PLAY the game online with other people but not letting me download a Giant Bomb skin for my car is crap. Thats like saying I shouldn’t have the right to download free themes, demos, and picture packs from the marketplace. :/[/quote]

I’ve got to agree that is pretty bull for not letting you get to the storefront since they are selling you junk there anyways. Reliability is also not Microsoft’s strong suit. My hard drive just messed up on me so I’m returning it again to get another one. Also I realized playing from the hard drive is such a horrible idea now. I’m sure it would have happened the same way with PS3 but I realized how horrible that idea is it will kill your hard drive if you lose power since it accesses it often that way.