Stupid Gaming Lawsuit of The Week...

Can’t play MMOs because you’re blind…? It’s Sony’s fault!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6239339.html?tag=recent_news;title;4

Since when are Sony’s video games a “public accommodation”?

Yeah, honestly. If the laws with video games are the same as those with stores and restaurants, Sony SHOULD be able to deny anyone they choose service without even giving an explanation.

What a dick move :neutral_face:

That’s the actual question because if it does then Sony really does have to deal with this. Also very confusing why a blind person is playing an MMO in the first place.

Actually

A public accommodation is a private entity that owns, operates, leases, or leases to, a place of public accommodation. Places of public accommodation include a wide range of entities, such as restaurants, hotels, theaters, doctors’ offices, pharmacies, retail stores, museums, libraries, parks, private schools, and day care centers. Private clubs and religious organizations are exempt from the ADA’s title III requirements for public accommodations. I guess the real issue is whether an MMO constitutes a Public Accommodation.

So actually Stores and Restaurants have to be ADA compliant. My teacher taught us software should be as well at least if its a public accommodation such as a Interactive map of the University. I’m thinking if the MMO in question is considered a Public Accommodation Sony is in trouble.