Square-Enix, I am Disappoint

Kinda late in posting this.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/03/final-fantasy-gdc/

First-off, THIS…

This is just plain stupid. If you don’t know why this is stupid, it’s because the two games listed as Western RPGs are Hitman 2, and some Tomb Raider game.

And second off:

And that, my friends, is the final nail in the coffin.

[quote]SAN FRANCISCO — For the future of Final Fantasy, director Motomu Toriyama is looking to Uncharted 2.

The interactive cinematic scenes in Naughty Dog’s critically acclaimed action game seem to have inspired Toriyama to try the same thing in the Final Fantasy games, he said at his Game Developers Conference panel on Friday. “In Final Fantasy XIII, the interactivity was focused on the battle scenes,” he said. ” I think there will be more interactivity (in future Final Fantasy cut scenes) — if you have 1000 flying dragons, hopping from one dragon to the other would be great fun.”

“If you can achieve that compared with Uncharted 2, I think that Final Fantasy is going to replicate the masterpieces of film, and that is certainly one of our goals,” he said.

Toriyama also floated the possibility of adding in downloadable add-on content to future Final Fantasy games. “We avoided it for XIII, but we have to think that every user will be online, and so the story (could) be downloaded, and the battle scenes step by step… we have that in our perspective going forward,” he said.

More snippets from the session (and possible clues to the future of Final Fantasy) are below.[/quote]

[SPOILER]I still kind of want FF14, though.[/SPOILER]

What has happen to Japan??? :frowning:

Nobody except Capcom evolved to be current gen. That’s why it took Square Enix over 4 years to make a super-linear JRPG when you have Naughty Dog pumping out GOTY’s every year. And that’s with more graphics and features than FF13.

It’s sad, really. I can’t even get worked up about it. Except for how they completely botched Crystal Bearers and that had more than 4 years too! Damnit Square.

Its cuz America>World

They fell off…hard.

Hey guys, my favorite WRPG is Tomb Raider.

What’s yours?

[quote=“nothere413”]Hey guys, my favorite WRPG is Tomb Raider.

What’s yours?[/quote]

Mine is Yoshi’s Cookie.

He should have put up a slide of Dragon Age vs FF 13 and said what’s the difference between an WRPG and a JRPG??? We actually use more colors than gray,black, brown :Q

[SPOILER]Just kidding Ryan put the axe down…[/SPOILER]

[quote=“sbf717”]He should have put up a slide of Dragon Age vs FF 13 and said what’s the difference between an WRPG and a JRPG??? We actually use more colors than gray,black, brown :Q

[SPOILER]Just kidding Ryan put the axe down…[/SPOILER][/quote]

Hey, not true. They use a lot of red, too.

For blood.

And also [SPOILER]shut your stupid face.[/SPOILER]

Square thinks Tomb Raider and Hitman are RPGs?

[quote=“nothere413”]Hey, not true. They use a lot of red, too.

For blood.

And also [SPOILER]shut your stupid face.[/SPOILER][/quote]
:lol Haha, you seem upset.

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE THE MAD IS ON THE OTHER FOOT.

TOUCHE, GOOD SIR!

Apparently.