Square Enix cuts a games worth of content from Final Fantasy XIII

Well that sucks.

Well to round it out here’s some good news.

Fantasy Earth Zero coming to the US.

[quote=“barcster_2003”]Well that sucks.

Well to round it out here’s some good news.

Fantasy Earth Zero coming to the US.[/quote]

OH SCREW THEM.

You know why they are doing that?

To fit it all on 360’s DVDs.

Screw it, screw it, screw it.

If they don’t come out with a special edition for the PS3, they are just evil.

Oh, but the MMO is good news. FINALLY.

EDIT: Just read the full article, and they said they are planning on making another game entirely out of that. I hope that’s the special edition I was talking about.

And good thing they cut it from BEFORE they announced the 50-60 hours of gameplay put in it. I was about to say.

Lol the comments on the Japanese site all blame DVD and the 360.

[quote=“blacknumbers”]OH SCREW THEM.

To fit it all on one stupid DVD for the xbox 360.

Screw it, screw it, screw it.

If they don’t come out with a special edition for the PS3, they are just evil.

Oh, but the MMO is good news. FINALLY.[/quote]

They are using multiple DVD’s aren’t they?

It could be the reason but who knows? I’ve seen developers just not bother with putting in content anyways just so they can sell it as DLC. I don’t care if they needed to make it 4 discs the only reason it couldn’t be included is cost or holding it back for whatever reason.

[quote=“barcster_2003”]They are using multiple DVD’s aren’t they?

It could be the reason but who knows? I’ve seen developers just not bother with putting in content anyways just so they can sell it as DLC. I don’t care if they needed to make it 4 discs the only reason it couldn’t be included is cost or holding it back for whatever reason.[/quote]

Yeah, I read the full article. Read my edit.

EDIT: Sorry for the edit again, but I’m just thinking. Maybe they cut it out so that way they can limit how many DVD’s it needs to take to hold FFXIII for xbox 360. They don’t want to overspend of manufacturing the dang thing so that they don’t get enough money for profit.

[quote=“blacknumbers”]OH SCREW THEM.

[/quote]
They caught on to the whole “DLC” thing?

Think about how much money they could make on add ons ala Oblivion…

[quote=“Asrugan”]They caught on to the whole “DLC” thing?

Think about how much money they could make on add ons ala Oblivion…[/quote]

Well, maybe.

Actually, maybe your right.

But then again, it’s square enix. What are the odds.

A lot of the time if content is cut it’s because it wasn’t up to quality of the rest of the content, and it makes the game go a lot smoother, trust me on this.

Yeah we really don’t know why it was cut but it still sucks. Honestly I’m all about content in videogames. Its not like Final Fantasy XIII is short though so it should be fine regardless.

Exactly. It should be a better overall package if the good content is highly concentrated.

Honestly the stuff they cut sounded lame, other than maybe the base. If it impacted the story it would be a much bigger loss.

[quote=“Andrex”]Exactly. It should be a better overall package if the good content is highly concentrated.

Honestly the stuff they cut sounded lame, other than maybe the base. If it impacted the story it would be a much bigger loss.[/quote]
Not to me. The more gameplay that I can get in the world of FFXIII, the better, even if some of it sucks.

They cut the monster made entirely of belts and zippers :frowning:

They said they cut all this stuff before they announced the 50-60 hour gameplay:

So I don’t think we have to worry that much.

There is still alot of content so it sucks, but its not going to make the game suddenly horrible for not having the content.

What is the logic behind your argument. O_O

I’m saying the fact content was cut sucks but there’s still lots of content there. The phrasing I used was probably confusing because I got lazy and I should have changed it but oh well.

Oh. I thought you meant it sucks because there was a lot of content.

I was like “whoa.”

[quote=“blacknumbers”]Oh. I thought you meant it sucks because there was a lot of content.

I was like “whoa.”[/quote]

I would be the last dude to say that. I’ve all about content. I’d trade graphics on the 360/PS3 for more content I understand developers won’t do this but I wouldn’t mind if they did. Developers are focused on graphics because that’s the wow factor.

Good game is suppose to be 40 to 60 hours doesn’t need more shit.

360 has no DVD Space