SOULJA BOY NEW SONG IZ DA SHITZZZ

The title is a joke. I’m just wondering what you think of his new song. I love seeing you “I’m so cool, I hate mainstream” hipsters thoughts on a mainstream song.

[YOUTUBE]gMkc_BHR5PA[/YOUTUBE]

I’m not a Hipster, I like what I like. And plenty of what I happen to like is mainstream.

But anyhow, I dislike Soulja Boy because… well he has no talent whatsoever and distracts from real talented people.

I’m not giving that video any hits. But I’d love to hit that kid square in the mouth.

If you want some real Hip-Hop, try this on for size. Keep in mind this is their first song and the album isn’t due out for awhile, though.

[YOUTUBE]Aj_ez-Ii6GQ[/YOUTUBE]

Just goes to show you that underground “indie” stuff isn’t all just crappy folk songs.

[quote=“nothere413”]If you want some real Hip-Hop, try this on for size. Keep in mind this is their first song and the album isn’t due out for awhile, though.

[YOUTUBE]Aj_ez-Ii6GQ[/YOUTUBE]

Just goes to show you that underground “indie” stuff isn’t all just crappy folk songs.[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t think mainstream is the only good hip hop, but this thread isn’t about that.

Its just about your opinion on this perticular song, because for the most part, it addresses most people in this forum.

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Yeah, I don’t think mainstream is the only good hip hop, but this thread isn’t about that.

Its just about your opinion on this perticular song, because for the most part, it addresses most people in this forum.[/quote]

Soulja Boy? Addressing people? Really? No way…

nobody likes soldier boy . . .

Say what.

… yes.

Except nearly every kid in middle/high school…

No, just middle school.

Nah high school too. At least in California… well… Southern California.

I don’t care if you’re a bro, scene kid, hipster, whatever. Soulja Boy is fucking terrible.

Nothing I hate more is an annoying rapper that makes a song saying “I’m so cool and have so much money, and I’m so much better than everyone else”. Typical hip-hop song, makes me sick.

That was actually not that bad. Sure he has a looooooooooooooooooooong way to go to reach the lyrical heights of, say, Nas or Talib Kweli, but I can easily respect from where Soulja Boy is coming.

Thank you. You win the “I’m not ignorant and listen to metal music because the 80’s is still alive, even though it isn’t, and I’m in denial because either I’m racist (Which I’m not saying is the case) or I just can’t stand people who don’t have gay long hair and guitars prancing around, because I can’t let go of what was cool when I was a kid, but honestly, I should let go, but again, I am a loser” award.

/kinda butt hurt, My butt is a little sore, a bump or bruise of some sort is on my butt.

I don’t necessarily hate the mainstream, I just hate myself for liking it (coughBritneycough.)

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Thank you. You win the “I’m not ignorant and listen to metal music because the 80’s is still alive, even though it isn’t, and I’m in denial because either I’m racist (Which I’m not saying is the case) or I just can’t stand people who don’t have gay long hair and guitars prancing around, because I can’t let go of what was cool when I was a kid, but honestly, I should let go, but again, I am a loser” award.

/kinda butt hurt, My butt is a little sore, a bump or bruise of some sort is on my butt.[/quote]

Well considering I’m 16 and I like metal, and all my friends like metal, I’d say it has nothing to do with living in the 80’s. 90% of what we listen to is from the 90’s on so you don’t have much to say really.

I’m with you on that one. Any artists of any genre that has nothing to do except talk about themselves and their own stature really turns me off. That “song” is horrible, BTW. Perhaps if he wasn’t tone deaf, it might help a LITTLE bit.

As one of my friends from another forum sent me about a month or so back…

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Though, I’ve got me a feel for some old schoolin’, which I can’t embed…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJZMu0rTAgs