Sometimes I wish Halo was multiplatform and

That Sony & MS would merge gaming divisions so that I can play Halo with other people on a whole different platform. That would be so cool. A man can dream…

It would be nice to have a one video game console in the future generation. Although, there’s a huge problem with that. Without competition, the companies will instantly jump the chance to raise their prices.

I wish I owned an N-Gage.

No, really… I do. I have 5 games for it.

[quote=“spooie”]I wish I owned an N-Gage.

No, really… I do. I have 5 games for it.[/quote]

That’s fucked.

JPjuice23 VS. Gamer98 in CoD4.

That would be one hell of a match. At least, I think, assuming your can talk the walk the talk.

I got them for $3 each at EBworld on clearance back in like 2005 or 2006. :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember back in 2004 when Capcom announced Ghosts N’ Goblins online and it was supposed to support cross-system access for PS2, Xbox and GCN?

Such much for that.

That would be awesome if they does it, but it won’t come true… :frowning:

[quote=“JPjuice23”]JPjuice23 VS. Gamer98 in CoD4.

That would be one hell of a match. At least, I think, assuming your can talk the walk the talk.[/quote]

You bet your ass I can!

No they wont at the end of the day they will price it initial high for early adopters and then the price will fall just like every other console before it.

There may not be any competition with another console but they still have to compete with the consumers wallet.

[quote=“sbf717”]No they wont at the end of the day they will price it initial high for early adopters and then the price will fall just like every other console before it.

There may not be any competition with another console but they still have to compete with the consumers wallet.[/quote]

You honestly don’t think they’d price high? I don’t know who you are kidding PS3 was already $600 and it had competition without competition it probably would have stayed that way. Certainly would have stayed at a higher price for a longer period.

Competition plays a huge part in making prices affordable or else a monopoly will set themselves a standard. you’ll be paying something for $800 when it should be half the cost if the company has rivals in its industry.

Corporations wouldn’t lower prices if consumers still buy their products and will come as a big financial success at the end. They will try expanding the gap between production costs and consumer pricing any means necessary for their own benefit, that includes making it more expensive for retail.

If it’s concerning a universal game console, then it won’t stop costumers from buying expensive machines and games because there are millions of die-hard gamers and they’d be no competition with companies within the industry.

Ok then we need to move past the single console future to a single standard for consoles.

Like I own a Sony Blu-Ray player my friend can own a Samsung Blu-Ray player yet I can take my Blu-Ray to his house and it works in his machine b/c they both support the Blu-Ray standard. Same with DVDs,CDs, and MP3s.

A baseline standard for console games. Of course just like DVD, Blu-Ray players some will have more fancy bells and whistle but a standard that includes games all running at the same performance could work. This will also encourage better development as devs only have to develop to a single standard.

[quote=“sbf717”]Ok then we need to move past the single console future to a single standard for consoles.

Like I own a Sony Blu-Ray player my friend can own a Samsung Blu-Ray player yet I can take my Blu-Ray to his house and it works in his machine b/c they both support the Blu-Ray standard. Same with DVDs,CDs, and MP3s.

A baseline standard for console games. Of course just like DVD, Blu-Ray players some will have more fancy bells and whistle but a standard that includes games all running at the same performance could work. This will also encourage better development as devs only have to develop to a single standard.[/quote]

Its called a PC or at least last I remember PC games play on any PC. Trying to do a Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 thing where they all play each others games is non-nonsensical the systems are designed that way by the manufacturers for a reason. Having little standard to program for is really ridiculous and will not happen. If you are suggesting they’ll make a joint hardware venture its even more ludicrus and as we’ve said that just creates a monopoly if successful. Also whats the benefit of them joining? If you mean Microsoft and Sony their consoles practically share most of the same games anyways.

I don’t think this thread needed to go this “logic” route.

This is more a fantasy thread. We all know why it can’t work…

[quote=“JPjuice23”]I don’t think this thread needed to go this “logic” route.

This is more a fantasy thread. We all know why it can’t work…[/quote]

Yeah, it wouldn’t work because I would whup all your asses at everything, and you would all hate me and plot to bring me down. In the process, you would end up destroying only yourselves.

Yeah, shit just got real. 0_o