Something I never understood

Why does Bowser keep kidnapping Princess Peach?

Sure, she might one of the very few women in Mushroom Kingdom but after 23 years, she can’t be that good in bed still.

And there’s no real reason to.

She holds almost no power; hell, she’s not even a queen.

As far as I know, she has no parents. So being held ransom for money. After all, gold coins are just scattered all around.

And if Bowser just wants to rule the land… Why not just kill her and raid the kingdom as he overthrows it.

This has lead me to the conclusion that Bowser is just a sick, twisted bastard who gets enjoyment by crushing people’s hearts by meaninglessly torturing their love ones.

He wants Peach to rule at his side for some reason. It’s never been made clear on purpose.

Bowser Jr. wants her kidnapped because he still wants her to be his mom. Or something. Thank Mario Sunshine for that plot thread.

And I do think she has a dad. Well, at least she did in the movie…

You REALLY don’t want to know the truth.

Because Nintendo sucks at storytelling.

[quote=“Kumiko”]Why does Bowser keep kidnapping Princess Peach?

Sure, she might one of the very few women in Mushroom Kingdom but after 23 years, she can’t be that good in bed still.

And there’s no real reason to.

She holds almost no power; hell, she’s not even a queen.

As far as I know, she has no parents. So being held ransom for money. After all, gold coins are just scattered all around.

And if Bowser just wants to rule the land… Why not just kill her and raid the kingdom as he overthrows it.

This has lead me to the conclusion that Bowser is just a sick, twisted bastard who gets enjoyment by crushing people’s hearts by meaninglessly torturing their love ones.[/quote]

Bowser is in love with her. She has powers that cause problems for him. Hence why he captures her but doesn’t kill her.

Bowser History

Never played the Earthbound or Mario & Luigi series have you?

And I need say nothing more. If you consider those examples of good storytelling, your mind would be blown at what you might find if you actually played some stuff on a console not made by Nintendo. Perhaps it’s best you remain in your bubble of cluelessness.

[quote=“Kumiko”]

Sure, she might one of the very few women in Mushroom Kingdom but after 23 years, she can’t be that good in bed still.[/quote]

The passage of time is different in the Mushroom Kingdom. What seems like twenty years to us is probably only like five years to them.

I’ve played plenty of non-Nintendo games with great stories, like Alpha Centauri and more recently Bioshock.

By skirting around the issue I take it you haven’t played them. There’s nothing preventing a Nintendo game from having a great story, as they’ve demonstrated in the past. However they have also said that they focus on gameplay first, which surprisingly has netted them the majority of titles in any professional “best games” lists. Story for the sake of story is dumb. As reviews for MGS4 pointed out, you can have too much story. The same cannot be said about gameplay.

Really early on in mother 3 there is a scene that does a better job at showing anger and sadness than most hd games have just by using fucking sprites nintendo can tell a really good story.

[quote=“Andrex”]I’ve played plenty of non-Nintendo games with great stories, like Alpha Centauri and more recently Bioshock.

By skirting around the issue I take it you haven’t played them. There’s nothing preventing a Nintendo game from having a great story, as they’ve demonstrated in the past. However they have also said that they focus on gameplay first, which surprisingly has netted them the majority of titles in any professional “best games” lists. Story for the sake of story is dumb. As reviews for MGS4 pointed out, you can have too much story. The same cannot be said about gameplay.[/quote]

Yeah. Not to mention even if there is story people ignore it anyways unless its thrown in their face with a cinematic or something.

[quote=“Andrex”]He wants Peach to rule at his side for some reason. It’s never been made clear on purpose.

Bowser Jr. wants her kidnapped because he still wants her to be his mom. Or something. Thank Mario Sunshine for that plot thread.

And I do think she has a dad. Well, at least she did in the movie…[/quote]

Movie? There was no movie (and don’t try to convince me otherwise, outside of Bob Hoskins that attempt was a steaming pile)