So then *I* said...

I. DO. NOT. UNDERSTAND. WHY. PCs. MAKE. EVERYTHING. SO. INCREDIBLY. FUCKING. ANNOYINGLY. COMPLICATED. AN D. WHY. MANY. MANY. PEOPLE. ARE. WILLING. TO. LESSEN. THE. QUALITY. OF. THEIR. LIVES. JUST. TO. HAVE. THE. MOST. COMMON. OPERATING. FORMAT.

Windows rules.

Though I may get a Chrome OS netbook eventually.

You have some real anger issues. :confused;

After spending 7 hours trying that fucking PC my mother owns to do ONE SINGLE PROPER THING today, yes, I do. That whole PS3 controller situation becoming a little more clear, maybe?

In fact, if I have a heart attack tonight… well… fuck all of you PC users.

I say that in the kindest way, of course.:slight_smile:

I start up the machine and it tells me there is a security issue with some microsoft program and they suggest re-starting it. And I’m thinking, I JUST turned on the computer. How the hell can a MICROSOFT product have a security issue with it when I JUST turned it on and haven’t done ANYTHING yet? Ugh… So I download a program. Why do I have to navigate through a friggen family tree of folders to find something I just downloaded? I JUST FUCKING DOWNLOADED IT. It should be the first thing I see on the desktop. I don’t want to have to go on damned scavenger hunt to find something. Hell, it SHOULD prompt to install it as soon as it finishes downloading, but it doesn’t. Fine. Then I get this video on the computer. And if I don’t drop it directly on the desktop, then I need to go find the damned thing. And the computer tells me after clicking on it “This file is not compatible with Windows Media Player.” Then why the hell didn’t you fucking open it with a program that it WOULD run on? So apparently I need to open it through the video player I WANT to open it with. Well, guess what, it won’t run on that either. Why can it run in any program on MY computer, and yet NONE on her computer?

Anyway… my mother got her iPod I ordered for her today. It’s the only thing connected to my mother’s computer that is actually properly working. Figure that one. Now, this isn’t a Mac Vs. PC thing. There are problems with Macs. I will grant anyone that. This, however, is a Mankind Vs. The Fact of Nature and Reality kind of thing.

Random comments and questions I made today while trying to figure out stuff with her and her computer. Her responses come after the quotations.

"Where is this downloaded to?"
I don’t know.

"Why won’t this open?"
I don’t know.

"Why is this taking so long?"
I don’t know.

"Shouldn’t something be happening?"
I don’t know.

“It’s a Microsoft product. It should work on a Microsoft OS”

“No, I just want to get it from HERE to THERE.”

“Then take it OFF your desktop.”

“You can DELETE that.”

“Do you not realize I’m trying to HELP YOU.”

“No, you turn the power ON to turn it on.”

“I could have finished this 2 hours ago on a REAL computer. It only should TAKE 5 minutes.”

“Why did that program shut down? All I did was close ONE window.”

"Do you want to make iTunes your default music player?"
I don’t know. Call Rob.

"Do you want to upgrade your Quicktime now or later?"
I don’t know. Call Rob.

"Do you want to import the music you already have on your computer to your iPod?"
I don’t know. Call Rob.

"How do you take a screenshot on a PC again?"
I don’t know what that is.
"It’s a picture of your screen"
I don’t know. Call Rob.

"Where is this program?"
I don’t know. Call Rob.
"But it’s your computer"
I don’t know where he puts things on here.
“But it’s YOUR computer”

"How big is your hard drive?"
I don’t know. Call Rob.
"HOW DO YOU OWN A COMPUTER AND DO THINGS ON YOUR COMPUTER AND NOT KNOW A SINGLE THING ABOUT YOUR COMPUTER AND HOW IT FUNCTIONS? – do you have a blunt object I can bash my head into? Is the wall okay?"
Oh, stop being dramatic.

Why does it take 2 hours to extract a video on her PC (which she got AFTER I got my new Mac, and, I should say, apparently has the same “specs” as I have… yet, it takes my computer less than 5 minutes? Why does it feel like I’m getting ass raped when I use a PC?

PCs: How to weed out the idiots from the future geniuses of our world.

:heart; You Spooie.

I hope if I ever build a computer for myself, it never craps out on me. >_>

It’s OK. Here, use this to focus your anger on. :slight_smile:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Feels Good Man :cool;

but no srsly PCs are way to complicated for the average person and trying to teach them is a pain in the ass. But me being so OCD my PC runs just fine b/c I dont run more than 3 active programs and montior my RAM comsuption every hour. I also firmly believe in loading your OS and apps on a smaller faster hard drive and your music,video and other non essential data on a larger drive…

But yeah if it wasnt for lack of money I’d use a Mac or more perferably just use a nice stripped down version of Linux or BE… Too bad my iPod Touch only syncs with iTunes

___________>

Does doubleTwist work on Linux? I think it does…

You should convert to Chrome OS when it comes out, mang. The ultimate stripped-down Linux distro. :cool;

Fuck that shitty doulble twist program :confused:

I’m not giving up my iPod Touch NO MATTER WHAT so unless Apple and Google play nice the only OS I ever see myself moving to perm is OSX.

That’s because you’re Apple’s whore. v_v Sadly I saw it coming. You buy one Apple product or download one (one!) of their programs and you’re completely locked into their system.

Apple is the new Microsoft.

Feels Good Man :cool;

[quote=“Andrex”]That’s because you’re Apple’s whore. v_v Sadly I saw it coming. You buy one Apple product or download one (one!) of their programs and you’re completely locked into their system.

Apple is the new Microsoft.[/quote]

It only takes one bite until you realize you’re tasting perfection. :smiley:

I mean, what’s next… someone playing a Wii game and all the sudden, nothing else matters? :wink:

[quote=“spooie”]It only takes one bite until you realize you’re tasting perfection. :smiley:

I mean, what’s next… someone playing a Wii game and all the sudden, nothing else matters? :wink:[/quote]
Dude first of all it was the SNES aka the best 2D console ever and secondly it’s like the apple that old hag in Snow White offers, it seems good at first and then BAM you’re worm food. :agent;

First off, the NES is the best console ever.

Second off, it’s more like the apple in the garden of eden… ultimate knowledge, and, thus, ultimate power.

:wink:

NES isn’t even 1% as good as SNES. :neutral_face:

The garden of eden isn’t a great comparison to make, all things considered…

Well, in that sense, sure- that’s like saying the 360 is better than Xbox, or PS2 is better than PS1.

The predecessors are what gives way to a next line of consoles, so they should deserve utmost respect no matter what opinions you fall under.

SNES is still better. Like, no contest.