So making the biggest third party game of the year isn't enough?

WTF?

People from infinity ward just got fired? Why?

Bobby Kotick devil confirmed.

Strange Activision should have been the ones making a game about hell :lol

Yeah… considering joining the Activision hate-wagon… Only changing morals because Neversoft and Red Octane are getting axed

[quote=“sbf717”]Bobby Kotick devil confirmed.

Strange Activision should have been the ones making a game about hell :lol[/quote]

Bobby Kotick passed on the concept because it hit too close to home.

[quote=“Andrex”]Yeah… considering joining the Activision hate-wagon… Only changing morals because Neversoft and Red Octane are getting axed

Bobby Kotick passed on the concept because it hit too close to home.[/quote]

Well they just reminded me why I hate them. Its pretty dumb to close a studio that just made the most popular third party game recently. Its really annoying me that these publishers want to nickel and dime us like crazy.

After all that shit about “We should charge 80 bucks for this game”.

Activision probably does want 80 bucks. I’m pretty sure the reason Infinity ward got the axe was because they realize that increasing the price drives off fanbase. Supposedly its about Infinity Ward not wanting Modern Warefare to be subscription based. Honestly if they subscription is going to work they had better think again it had better be the most awesome game ever with plenty of updates. Wow currently gets away with subscription because its an MMO users won’t put up with that crap unless its a persistent MMO.

Still messed up that they are getting the axe for recognizing greed could destroy the series its not like they game didn’t already make plenty of money.

Forgot to mention I’d honestly rather them say its $80 for Modern Warefare now instead of some subscription crap which will likely cost more for us anyways. Either way developers need to look at what happened with the PS3 when it was too expensive.

You drive people off when you cost too much. developers need to realize this it doesn’t matter if its in incremental junk if the game ends up costing $80 users are going to figure out.

Apparently EA wants Madden Subscription Well guess that means I’ll never buy madden.

Man these developers are all going subscription based and this is going to get really dangerous really fast. Alot of them complain about players going to Nintendo like crazy what the heck happens when everything is subscription based?

I’m happy Nintendo is going with this lowering barriers to playing games instead of increasing them like these publishers seem to be doing.

This is fucked up. I’m not one to think of Activision’s way of thinking but this is really pushing it. First they cancelled that King’s Quest fan made game and now this. I think I just hopped into the “Kotick Hate” Train. I won’t be surprised one bit if this kills Infinity Ward…

Meh, all the companies kill fan games. I’m still miffed at Squeenix for killing the Chrono Trigger remake, that looked tight.

The fans have been working on that King’s Quest game since 2002. How long did fans get to make that Chrono Trigger remake?

Dunno but it looked pretty sweet.

Well this probably will kill infinity ward because who else do they make games for? Still weird that even though the game did well they are getting an axe because they aren’t greedy enough.

The story gets deeper

Apparently they weren’t paid royalties either.

I thought you said you hated Chrono Trigger…

I never said that. :stuck_out_tongue: In fact I have to give it credit for being one of the first ARPGs. Haven’t played too much of it though, even though I have the DS version right on my shelf…

I distinctly remember you saying on G4 one time that you hated the battle system in Chrono Trigger in a comment on youtube.

Plus, you said THIS.

:cool;

Ouch they just announced a new developer for call of duty Sledgehammer. Apparently its going to be a action adventure game now.

[quote=“nothere413”]I distinctly remember you saying on G4 one time that you hated the battle system in Chrono Trigger in a comment on youtube.

Plus, you said THIS.

:cool;[/quote]
Oh yeah. I just played the starting area. It was pretty boring so I didn’t get very far. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is just a different take on the series IW is making map packs and unless I’ve read all this info wrong they are still gonna call of duty games games and shit.

Well looks like Vince Zampella and Jason West are filing a lawsuit.

So maybe not.

“In addition to compensation, the suit seeks to return the contractual rights Zampella and West previously had to the Modern Warfare brand.”

If they win that Activision is in deep trouble.

It gets deeper.

Man this is getting crazy.

How sad :frowning:

o_0