So I went on the xplay baords today....

It was scary lots of new people not really as lively as it use to be at all what happened to my old home? Someone hold me!:(:(:frowning:

It died when we all left.

It’s like when you’re a kid and your single crackhead mom constantly beats you up but you still love her so you convince yourself it’s not so bad but then one day you get put in foster care and then when you’re 24 you go back and see your mom is an old worn out slut having sex with black dudes for coke and her face looks like a baseball glove because she also smokes.

:confused;

Uh wut?

Uh wut?[/quote]

I think that’s his life story.:Q

It died when nobody knew who i was anymore
then i died on the inside

not really, im pretty cool anyway

Not 24 yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

If anything let us look upon the xplay boards as the start of project gforum. I mean, in a pathetic sort of way we owe this site and the friends among it to what was once a pretty great board.

My respects xplay boards. :wine;

Its the only videogame show on the channel now. I liked it better when it had things like Cinematech, Arena, Filter, Cheat!, Portal, Judgement Day and G4tv.com (Now the ladies work at on10.net). Tech TV had cool stuff too like Anime Unleashed. It used to be a pretty cool channel and then they went with crap like Cops.

[quote=“Daystar”]If anything let us look upon the xplay boards as the start of project gforum. I mean, in a pathetic sort of way we owe this site and the friends among it to what was once a pretty great board.

My respects xplay boards. :wine;[/quote]
Indeed, Daystar. Indeed. :beer;

Gamer’s Lounge is now your new home.

I’m pretty sure you all were just as unoriginal and unfunny back than as the new Xplay forum members are today.

Than you guys got “too cool for them” and moved over to your own nerd clique.

Kay.
:wine;

[quote=“JPjuice23”]I’m pretty sure you all were just as unoriginal and unfunny back than as the new Xplay forum members are today.

Than you guys got “too cool for them” and moved over to your own nerd clique.

Kay.
:wine;[/quote]

This is what newfags actually believe.

It may not have been utopia but you could definitely feel there was a community there. They started f*cking with it when they tried to make it for “X-Play discussion only” and tried to migrate all the gaming topics to the Gaming Lounge or whatever, which wasn’t so bad, as things were coexisting like that for a good while (Gaming and X-Play each having their own distinct regulars and communities), even though every once in a while a mod would randomly lock a gaming-related topic in X-Play because it “wasn’t about the show.”

Then they completely f**ked things over when they split X-Play into three different forums and divided all gaming talk into console-specific subforums. There’s very little sense of community now.

Even if the show was still the same, I don’t think they would ever produce a “On the X-Play Boards” video now. That was about a neat little gaming community that interacted with the show every once in a while, now, there’s not much of that left.

Of course there are lots of new people there. See, when OLD people LEAVE, that’s kind of what you’re left with.

Why is it not as popular as it once was? Because that was the main videogame forum for years, and was always at the top of the messageboard. Now they have company/console specific forums at the top that people flock to instead.

Back at the TechTV forums, I remember they went from 4 Xplay forum to 6 Xplay forums… and there were always regulars, and you always knew which forums they would post in and what to expect when you walked in. Not so much, anymore. I recall when after the move to G4, a ton of threads were getting locked for being “off topic” to X-Play or “personal subjects” about Adam and Morgan. What G4 never understood was that TechTV encouraged that in X-Play’s own forums.

Why is it not popular? You try going back there! This place is real calm empty but calm.

Calm =/= fun

This forum has probably the same amount of posts as Xplay.

I didn’t count, so if your going to do specifics on me, whatever, but they seem about the same.

Good memories, bad memories as well but I’m glad I moved on from that place.

Thread makes me sadfaced. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Whatever, those guys can have fun sucking… And I’ll have fun informing them of how bad they suck. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, no toasts for the G-Suck boards.

But a toast to Gforum… Even when Trex unfairly bans certain members for calling him a thread locking fucktard. Not me. :wink:

Anyway, toast!

:beer;