So Guitar Hero 5 is looking pretty cash.

Guitar Hero 5 looks like every other Guitar Hero…

You know, it’s a rule that you have to read the OP of a thread before you can reply to it.

The only thing that could have got me to buy this was Mastodon songs from Crack the Skye

You know Andrex, I think I’m the exact opposite of you.

Seriously, your the moon, and I’m the sun, you can be the sun if you want.

As for the original post, I didn’t get that excited over the new features. Besides the Wii version, which looks to be as close to an emulation of the PS3 and 360 versions, without being totally stripped down.

However, you mentioned in your post, that there is 371 songs, which… I mean, no offense, but who cares, considering Rock Band is going to have that whole “Anyone can make DLC if your a local band or a indie band thing.”

Mhm.

[quote=“JPjuice23”]You know Andrex, I think I’m the exact opposite of you.

Seriously, your the moon, and I’m the sun, you can be the sun if you want.

As for the original post, I didn’t get that excited over the new features. Besides the Wii version, which looks to be as close to an emulation of the PS3 and 360 versions, without being totally stripped down.

However, you mentioned in your post, that there is 371 songs, which… I mean, no offense, but who cares, considering Rock Band is going to have that whole “Anyone can make DLC if your a local band or a indie band thing.”

Mhm.[/quote]
Well you’ve been able to make your own songs in GH since World Tour (4), thanks to GHTunes. There’s like thousands of tracks on GHTunes now, and apparently GH5 takes the music samples a step forward so the songs sound better.

I did read it.

All the little features and what not are cool; it’s what should be in a continuous series like this but it doesn’t change that fact that this is still Guitar Hero.

And I don’t know about you, but I got done with hitting timed-colored circles three installments ago. No amount of features is going to change that.

[quote=“Kumiko”]I did read it.

All the little features and what not are cool; it’s what should be in a continuous series like this but it doesn’t change that fact that this is still Guitar Hero.

And I don’t know about you, but I got done with hitting timed-colored circles three installments ago. No amount of features is going to change that.[/quote]

Well, there’s nothing you can do if you’re tired with the series, but I try to be open-minded about it. I thought I’d never buy another GH after World Tour burned me out (strum bar, red pad, couldn’t calibrate lag), but I kept an open mind and found that GH5 has some neat things to look forward to… provided the hardware works. :lol

The better pun would be…

Guitar Hero 5 is going through a ring of fire.

[quote=“StealthMaster86”]The better pun would be…

Guitar Hero 5 is going through a ring of fire.[/quote]
Or my love for GH5 burns like a ring of fire.

GTFO WIT DAT SHIT!!! :neutral_face:

What?

Guitar Hero and I have been entrapped in a battle royale since Red Octane decided to make Activision their new whore.

…what?

[quote=“Kumiko”]I did read it.

And I don’t know about you, but I got done with hitting timed-colored circles three installments ago. No amount of features is going to change that.[/quote]
Pretty much, which is why Rock Band ist Krieg! :smiley:

I don’t know how you could be tired of GH but still play RB. They’re like practically the same game. Except GH usually has a better setlist. :smiley: And more features on Wii.

They are, however, Rock Band has more DLC. And the features on the Wii were already on the PS3 and 360… Why don’t you buy a PS3 or 360 if your wanting these features on the Wii?

And to your other post, the one where you made the point that Guitar Hero 4’s “Song maker thing,” that is cool, a feature I forgot about, however I would rather have new tracks from Paramore than the theme song to Battle Toads on the NES.

This is a cool feature however, but I don’t think that makes up for a lot of Rock Bands features.

BLASPHEMER!!!

GH < RB

GH is a money machine, plain and simple, at least RB’s listening to it’s fans, and has been since it came out.

Now if it’s a music game this fall that I’ll be getting, it’s RB: Beatles

EDIT: Okay, I fucked up the dates. Boo-fucking-hoo.

Anyway, doesn’t change the fact that the GH2 was the last game with a great setlist. Only about half the list for GH3 was good, and World Tour/RB2 are interchangeable… No wait, Rock Band 2 isn’t a sad cash in.

[quote=“AoR Final”]GH3 ripped off most of the RB2 Setlist.

Too bad they missed most of the good songs.[/quote]

A game that came out before another game ripped that game off?

Wait, what?