"Running for Your Life"

[align=center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=134]Running for Your Life[/size][/font]

[size=100]Oct. 30th
10:30pm (Central)
Wondering Zombie[/size][/align]

Alright, guys, I’m trying to get things together to perform a live stream of some horror games for Halloween. I would do them on Halloween but I’ve got plans…I think… Anyway, I figured I would start a poll to see which game, or games, to play.

I’m also taking suggestions and might add more if more becomes available to me.

[align=center][/align]

Based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth follows Jack Walters, a former police detective, wakes to find himself in a mental institution. He was admitted to the hospital after his last case drove him to insanity, causing him to have split personalities. A few years later, he’s released but still suffers from amnesia and schizophrenia.

He tries to rebuild his life and retrace his forgotten footsteps as he becomes a private investigator. Eventually, he’s hided for a missing person case which will send him to Innsmouth. While there, he’ll begin to slowly see many of the strange occurrences that he did before his amnesia which will test his will.

[align=center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3f/Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png[/im][/align]

In Parasite Ever, Aya Brea, a member of the NYPD, goes on a date to the opera only to quickly realize that peace never comes. The attendees spontaneously combust, except for Aya, her date, and the singer, Melissa. Being a prime suspect, Aya chases Melissa down only to discover that she has mutated into a hideous creature and warns Aya that it’ll only be a matter of time before she too mutates.

[align=center][/align]

Based on the original Brother’s Grim, and other version of Little Red Riding Hood, The Path tells the story of six girls with unique personalities. Each is told to visit their grandmother but in order to get to her home, they must go through the forest. However, they are warned to stay on the path or the wolf will eat them. Yet with the forest as inviting as it is…Who can resist it?

[align=center] [/align]

Penumbra spans over three episodes. The first two episodes tell the story of Philip, a physicist, who’s mother just passed away. While he believe she was his last living relative, he strangely gets a letter from his supposedly dead father which will send him on a journey to discover more about his family.

While the third game, Requiem, has the player taking over as Philip’s adviser who receives a disturbing message from Philip after he leaves to find his father.

[align=center][/align]

Strange murder incidents have been occurring throughout the quiet, Midwestern town of Raccoon City. Victims have been found partly eaten. S.T.A.R.S is sent in to investigate the neighboring forests. The team is attacked by a pack vicious dogs which causes them to take refugee in a mysterious mansion that houses the answers to the dreadful cases and dark secrets behind the city.

[align=center][/align]

Harry Mason takes his daughter, Cheryl, were on their way for a father-daughter vacation in the town of Silent Hill. However, a car accident results in Harry falling unconscious only to wake up hours later. Snow begins to fall out of season and a thick fog coating the road as his daughter comes up missing. He begins his desperate search for her as the city begins to go to hell around him.

[align=center][/align]

Sweet Home is credited as being the first horror game when it was released in 1989. The game tells the story of five people who enter the mansion owned by Mamiya Ichirou to restore old paintings. However, once they enter the mansion, the doors a locked behind them. Mamiya’s spirit continues to haunt the place along with other creatures. The characters must find a way to escape before they are killed themselves.

[align=center][/align]

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a more comical approach to a zombie outbreak. Players can pick between Zeke or Julie and take on zombies, as well as other monsters from classic B-horror films.

If I can remember I’ll watch it.

I didn’t realize that about Sweet home, when I think first real non text based horror game, 7th guest immediately comes to mind, and this predates it by 4 years.

Good stuff, but the first Silent Hill will remain, probably forever, the scariest game I’ve ever played. I played I late at night after getting off work over a week or so, sitting in the middle of the room, on the floor with nothing around me, in the dark. That damn cat nearly gave me a heart attack (if you’ve played it, you know the one)

Really interested in Silent Hill.

Find RE3 as one of the few games you wont play that would be awesome.

I never made it all that far in Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

My grandpa had it and:

I either had to go, or I lost all my lives.

I think I have things I’m doing do at that time. So I’m probably gonna miss out.

I will be there assuming I remember since there is also the Ghost Adventures 7 hour thing on that night and I want to see that kinda <.<

You mean ‘Zak’s Adventures’? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, it looks like the games I definitely need to try to play that night are:

• Zombies Ate My Neighbors
  • Silent Hill
  • Resident Evil 3 (if I can get it working)