Riding the ASS hype...

5 years ago, Reggie introduced himself as kicking ass, taking names and making games. It was shocking… someone from Nintendo uttered the word “ASS” and did so INTENTIONALLY. Then he was fortunate enough to be there to introduce the DS to the world, along with Nintendo’s first official attempt to bring their games online. Oh, and the whole Twlight Princess trailer.

That was in 2004.

What, if anything, has Reggie DONE in those 5.5 years? He’s president of Nintendo America now, but… I can’t think of a single thing he’s actually done since the launch of the Wii in 2006. Possibly beforehand.

Well, I’m sure he’s said Ass many times since that, so you can hardly say he hasn’t been doing anything.

Didn’t they re-mix his ass catch phrase for the 2005 and 2006 EA intros?

It would appear that J Allard is on the list of things that Reggie has done.

[quote=“spooie”]5 years ago, Reggie introduced himself as kicking ass, taking names and making games. It was shocking… someone from Nintendo uttered the word “ASS” and did so INTENTIONALLY. Then he was fortunate enough to be there to introduce the DS to the world, along with Nintendo’s first official attempt to bring their games online. Oh, and the whole Twlight Princess trailer.

That was in 2004.

What, if anything, has Reggie DONE in those 5.5 years? He’s president of Nintendo America now, but… I can’t think of a single thing he’s actually done since the launch of the Wii in 2006. Possibly beforehand.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that just because you don’t do anything that the public can see, doesn’t mean that you aren’t doing anything at all. =\

Reggie was good until he was a sell out.

I was a HUGE nintendo fanboy before the Wii.

Reggie was always a sellout.

BTW, the thread should have said “Riding the ASS Hype,” but, you know, I’ll live.