Resident Evil Series Unsure On Direction, Developers

http://kotaku.com/5321623/resident-evil-series-unsure-on-direction-developers

Big changes could be on the way for the Resident Evil series, both in terms of direction and personnel, if comments from Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi are any indication.

Speaking at a Resident Evil panel at Comic-Con, Takeuchi was asked by a fan about the possibility of a total series reboot for the next main game. His response? A little…different.

Seems Takeuchi and fellow RE veteran Masachika Kawata are playing blackjack to see who will end up producing the next Resident Evil game. For real. But they’re not playing alone, because Takeuchi followed that up by saying “it doesn’t appear as though either of us is going to be in charge” of the next game.

I hope it goes in the right direction.

Of course they don’t know where it’s going. I haven’t written a plot analysis yet based on a 30 second trailer like I did with Resident Evil 5- which they then stole…

_>

[quote=“Kumiko”]Of course they don’t know where it’s going. I haven’t written a plot analysis yet based on a 30 second trailer like I did with Resident Evil 5- which they then stole…

_>[/quote]

Make sure you copyright it this time.:wink:

I vote for Kumiko.

Good, I don’t trust Takeuchi.

Give it to Platinum!

Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I hope Capcom knows I will come freely and there’s no need for kidnapping. :Q

[quote=“Kumiko”]Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I hope Capcom knows I will come freely and there’s no need for kidnapping. :Q[/quote]

But being kidnapped by a large corporation like Capcom is the perfect start to the plot of an even bigger project…

What are you getting at…?

I know the plot before it’s even written.

I’ll use my ability to clean the earth of stories about Space Marines or the balance of Light and Dark.

And with this duty, I shall become the God of the new world…

[align=center][/align]

I shall find you Kira…

Not Kira. Fixa. From the English word for “Fixer”.

[align=center][/align]

Step aside dead-o! This is a case for Near!

:frowning: L!!!

I was so sad when he died…I almost wanted to stop watching it if it wasn’t for how smexy Light was. >_>

Why are you people trying to stop me? I think everyone can agree that what I’m doing is right. ('cept Gamer98, maybe)

[quote=“Andrex”][align=center][/align]

Step aside dead-o! This is a case for Near![/quote]
I don’t think so my little friend.

[align=center][/align]

mmmmmm… chocolate…

[quote=“Kumiko”]:frowning: L!!!

I was so sad when he died…I almost wanted to stop watching it if it wasn’t for how smexy Light was. >_>[/quote]

Probably where the series should have ended. I guess they didn’t want to show a bad guy wining.

But Near and Mello are so sexy.:astonished:

Oh and on topic I want them to do a game with lots of back story since there’s still tons of plot holes that need to be filled.

If it ended with L’s death then it would be pretty anticlimactic. I mean, if the show end there then we don’t get to see how the whole world really reacts to Kira’s influences and how L’s death is affected with his affiliations. And it’s natural for a closure of that magnitude end by having Light get his just deserts.

Damn, you are gay. :frown;

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]I don’t think so my little friend.

[align=center][/align]

mmmmmm… chocolate…[/quote]

gb2hell loser. :neutral_face:

Ben Judd on Resisdent Evil 6!