Recommend some good party games for the Wii...

I’m thinking about bringing my Wii up to my relatives’ house for Thanksgiving. Every year we go to my aunt’s house and all the family get together. My brother usually brings his PS3 and Guitar Hero or Rock Band or something, but chances are good he won’t be this year.

I figure, maybe I’ll bring the Wii up and some games. But WHICH games? That’s what I need your help on. So… recommend some good ones.

Only thing I say is… No Guitar Hero/Rock Band. Brother has that covered and I don’t own any. Also, I doubt this is the Smash Bros crowd. In fact, the youngest person there is in college. This is mostly people who don’t play games much (outside of DS puzzle games and DigDug)… but would enjoy something along the lines of Wii Sports.

So, choose accordingly.

Hrm, Ghostbuster is fun with splitscreen co-op. Also definitely bring Wii Sports. Mario Galaxy would amaze, plus it has the Co-Star mode.

Other than those, I dunno. I don’t have that many party games for my Wii.

Yeah, I should also mention for future posters… pick some games you actually PLAYED. :stuck_out_tongue:

My friend brought over his copy of wii sports resort we spent more time playing that than my 360 and PS3 was really funny. Guess the only issue would be buying a bunch of motion plus.

Brawl. Get Brawl definitely. It’s not as good as Melee, but the build-your-own-stage owns hard (especially when you block all the sides, except an opening).

I said NOT to pick Smash Bros.

Most of these people are in their 40s and older, and I think they would enjoy a game that requires actual skill and less mindless button mashing. Besides, if I think the game is lame, I’m sure they’ll think it’s lamER.

Regardless, I’ll probably bring it anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Buttonmashing in SSB? You must really suck at that game. :lol

There is certainly skill there and if you don’t think there is, you’re playing against really shitty players. It depends how your aggressive your opponents are. Button-mashing won’t save your ass, it will leave you so many openings for the AI and other players.

SSB? Skill? wat

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]Buttonmashing in SSB? You must really suck at that game. :lol

There is certainly skill there and if you don’t think there is, you’re playing against really shitty players. It depends how your aggressive your opponents are. Button-mashing won’t save your ass, it will leave you so many openings for the AI and other players.[/quote]

What can I say… if I suck at the game, then it’s a sucky game and I excel at it. :wink:

[quote=“spooie”]I’m thinking about bringing my Wii up to my relatives’ house for Thanksgiving. Every year we go to my aunt’s house and all the family get together. My brother usually brings his PS3 and Guitar Hero or Rock Band or something, but chances are good he won’t be this year.

I figure, maybe I’ll bring the Wii up and some games. But WHICH games? That’s what I need your help on. So… recommend some good ones.

Only thing I say is… No Guitar Hero/Rock Band. Brother has that covered and I don’t own any. Also, I doubt this is the Smash Bros crowd. In fact, the youngest person there is in college. This is mostly people who don’t play games much (outside of DS puzzle games and DigDug)… but would enjoy something along the lines of Wii Sports.

So, choose accordingly.[/quote]

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort. I’ve found the best games in these situations are ones you can play very quickly with multiple people playing the three I listed seem to work best from my experience I’m not sure what else fits that kind of playing. Fighting games work well also.

… curiously I’d like to know what your definition of skill is then.

The gameplay is indeed simplistic but it goes alot of ways and doesn’t limit experienced players.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]… curiously I’d like to know what your definition of skill is then.

The gameplay is indeed simplistic but it goes alot of ways and doesn’t limit experienced players.[/quote]

Fighting game wise? Brawl is kindergarten at best, maybe pre-school, and I used to play brawl pretty damn competitively so i know what im talking about when i say it doesnt take skill, just knowing how to use top tier characters and glitches
If we’re still going on fighting games I’d say virtua fighter, tekken, and street fighter would be ones that actually take work and practice to be able to actually play it well, so much more so than Brawl

Tiers are for queers.

Anyway SSB isn’t like Soul Caliber, Tekken, Street Fighter, and Virtual Fighter. I know where you’re coming from though.

Mario Kart’s really fun. Especially if you have the Wheel it’d help your family members play.

This.

Anyways, I would suggest Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Mario Kart Wii, and WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

Also, if none of your family minds anything related to things like surgery and stuff like that, you can also pick up Trauma Center: New Blood.

Wrong, my friend.