Random Thought of the Day...

Isn’t it kind of weird how KotOR takes place about 2000 years before Ep. 4, yet all their technology is pretty much the same?

[/randomness]

Moore’s Law doesn’t apply in the Star Wars universe >_>

Wikipedia’d… And I still don’t understand it.

WTF does it mean in English?

[quote=“AoR Final”]Wikipedia’d… And I still don’t understand it.

WTF does it mean in English?[/quote]

facepalm

Simply put it means that the rate of technology for semiconductors should advance every 18 months. Meaning that you could expect other advancements from those advancements every 18 months and thus technology as a whole should advance every 18 months

[quote=“sbf717”]facepalm

Simply put it means that the rate of technology for semiconductors should advance every 18 months. Meaning that you could expect other advancements from those advancements every 18 months and thus technology as a whole should advance every 18 months[/quote]

I’m a creative writing major, not a tech major, you non-European nerd. :neutral_face:

Anyway, it doesn’t really bother me, but it’s just a little jarring; in the EU novels they had freakin’ stealth X-Wings in 20 years, going by that rate of advancement they should’ve had lightsabers that can hit a target on another planet by the Purge.

[/nerdrant]

I don’t get this thread after the first post.

I feel dumb.

facepalm

EXTREME TRIPLE FACEPALM!

Fuck y’all. :neutral_face:

Isn’t it odd that the entire Star Wars saga takes place many, many years in the PAST, yet, they all speak english and fly around the stars in space ships?

Isn’t it odd that it takes place in a Galaxy far far away, yet everyone looks just like we do?

George Lucas killed Chewbacca by having a moon fall on him.

Yeah now that you mention it you do kinda look like a young Jabba the Hutt

See, as far as this stuff goes, it’s easy enough to explain away…

So what if it takes place many, many years in the past? It’s not our galaxy.

As far as the English goes, it’s entirely possible that by some odd cosmic coincidence that their Basic is our English? Or maybe it’s being translated, like Tom Cruise’s German monologues in Valkyrie?

…Alien abudctions? :confused;

Or it could be that while they look like us, it’s possible that they could have some sort of massive genetic difference that we can’t see. Or, again, cosmic coincidence.

Still, explain away a 2000 year stagnation in technology.

…Fuck, I feel like such a geek right now. :frowning:

That’s a lame excuse for a reason. Regardless of what “galaxy” they’re in, OUR galaxy holds almost all of the patents to their technology, so, in the end, who’s really left laughing?

Your face is a… lame excuse for… a… NVM. :bitch;

Anyway, I call the lightsaber patent.

Don’t worry AoR, I think they referenced some gay anime, or some show in the early 90’s, or some other gay anime.

Ignore dem haters.

At first I was like:
<_<

But then I was like:

:lol
Oh Refugio…

Star Wars tech is cyclical.

that, and perhaps every time a mad despot comes up with a plan they gather every single inventor in the empire/republic for their plans, and they promptly die when the despots hideout/base gets blown up.