Rage Quit

Face it, at some point in time a game because so hard… So ridiculously unfair… So complete bullshit that you can’t help but get pissed. I’m sure most of us have our fair share of stories to tell, so why not share some?

Like with me I have…

• Broken my Wavebird’s analong stick from Soul Calibur II and Resident Evil’s Mercenaries mode
  • Broken at least six XBox Live headsets since I’ve gotten my XBox360

Then today on the plane, I was playing Prinny on the PSP (hard- which means one hit, one kill). I ended up cussing to myself before tossing my PSP onto the table tray in front of me and sitting there with my hand clinched in a fist. This business guy sitting next to me just kinda looked at me from the corner of his eye before going back to reading.

Re-enactment of the train scene.

I know I have had like a million of those moments but I usually block those memories out of my head so I dont continue to get pissed…I dont know how many times I about broke my key board from frustration over a PVP match on WoW

Amazingly enough, even though I do have a short temper, I don’t ever break things out of blind rage.

I never broken my controllers, my DS, my PSP (it broke itself), my headsets, etc. I do get - :disgust; - every time I’m put at that position. I cuss out loud or under my breathe too, unless there are people who can hear me. So I stop playing and gently those the thing out of my sight. Take a breather, and get back to playing. Or not and stop for the day.

I find other things more worth getting pissed over about! :smiley:

You play Alliance or Horde?

Both but mainly Ally…IM good at pvp my team…ehhh not so much!

Well that explains it. The Alliance tends to… Not work together when they should… :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell me about it >_>

I think the most angst-filled gaming experience I can remember was actually from a fairly recent experience playing Warhawk not too many months ago. I literally chased this guy from the flag of our base to the downstairs level of his base, across the entire map of the game, on foot, while shooting at him the entire time, not having him die, and having none of the other 15 players on me team help me, only to have someone grenade me just as he’s going up the stairs to plant it at his base.

I was so ticked off, not only at the fact that no one was helping me, but that my bullets did zero damage to the guy, and SOMEHOW, he managed to not get himself blown up by the mines I set in the base, that I took the controller and threw it into the wall of my closet across the room.

Surprisingly, it’s perfectly in tact still.

Never broken anything other than my pride because of rage

Never done that lately, but when I was little I threw controllers, and even the games themselves.

The last time I got rage over a game was from the 2 titans you had to fight in Arkham Asylum before you fight the Joker. I kept pushing that Y button for a takedown only to remember that I had still keep punching it for that takedown. If there was a hard part that drives me crazy I call those moments “Bitch Parts” because it’s a complete bitch to pass. I think that every game has a Bitch Part. Unless the game sucks no matter how hard it is I always get past it some way or another. The one game that sucked bad that had Bitch Parts was Dark Sector. I only had 2 more missions left but the game sucked so bad that I did not even finish. I never threw a controller because controllers are expenisve but I nearly did a few times.

I’ve broken only one controller out of rage in Soul Calibur 3. I bit my PSP and left bite marks on the top of it which kinda sucks because its like having 3 bunches of dead pixels near the top. And yesterday I rage quit in Shinobi for PS2 and Bust a Move later that night :smiley:

[quote=“Kumiko”]Face it, at some point in time a game because so hard… So ridiculously unfair… So complete bullshit that you can’t help but get pissed. I’m sure most of us have our fair share of stories to tell, so why not share some?

Like with me I have…

• Broken my Wavebird’s analong stick from Soul Calibur II and Resident Evil’s Mercenaries mode
  • Broken at least six XBox Live headsets since I’ve gotten my XBox360

Then today on the plane, I was playing Prinny on the PSP (hard- which means one hit, one kill). I ended up cussing to myself before tossing my PSP onto the table tray in front of me and sitting there with my hand clinched in a fist. This business guy sitting next to me just kinda looked at me from the corner of his eye before going back to reading.[/quote]

I generally don’t rage quit. I beat F-Zero GX on all difficulties and all the tracks.

Cried when I couldnt speat Metal Mario and Luigi on SSBB on Hard Mode.

Shatterd my GC Controller when my 1k hour file on PSO got deleted from memory card corruption.

Went to a depressing time period when I accidently saved over my 90 hour file on Final Fantasy Tactics ironically when I said “This is my favorite game” seconds before it happend.

The game I’ve raged at most in recent memory is definitely Mirror’s Edge. I love the style and the concept, but the controls can be so damn fidgety and there were some parts that just drove me insane because the game kept incorrectly interpreting what I was trying to do or because I was up against cops arrayed in a certain fashion that made them extremely hard to take out.

There was much cursing and a controller toss or two.

I usually “rage quit” when my shitty school internet dies or everyone on my team leaves and the other team starts relentlessly destroying me. But even then, I do it with a smile and can see the humor.

I don’t get frustrated with games because I play them for fun, not to win, level up, or have the most 1337 stats on live. In short, I really don’t care outside of enjoying myself. Call me an elitist bitch if you want but that’s honestly how I roll, yo.

When my computer starts acting up though, then I get frustrated and start biting my knuckles hard enough for them to bleed.

[quote=“Daystar”]I usually “rage quit” when my shitty school internet dies or everyone on my team leaves and the other team starts relentlessly destroying me. But even then, I do it with a smile and can see the humor.

I don’t get frustrated with games because I play them for fun, not to win, level up, or have the most 1337 stats on live. In short, I really don’t care outside of enjoying myself. Call me an elitist bitch if you want but that’s honestly how I roll, yo.

When my computer starts acting up though, then I get frustrated and start biting my knuckles hard enough for them to bleed.[/quote]
Why would anyone call you an elitist bitch? :Q

As far as multiplayer goes, I try not to quit whenever I’m pissed off at one of the teammates, even if everyone else leaves because at least I’m willing to continue until the end and even some people praise me about it. I also try to keep my cool because gaming is about fun in multiplayer

Single player is another story, I get pissed off easily for stuff like unresponsive controls to AI behavior (You should hear the number of cussing I made about AI Zangief in SFIV, some I didn’t even know existed). I only really damage a controller for the Xbox 360 but not destroy it to the point where its unplayable.

So I guess I’m two different people for playing a game, nice and fair for multiplayer but in your face for single.

2 controllers to Goldeneye, and an arcade stick to and SNES game, forget which (that was a fight though over who was going to play, brother stuff).

Oh, also the first wireless controllers, for SNES, made really good projectiles.