Probably the most epic reboot is coming!!!

John Davison who is perhaps one of the smartest man in game enthusiast press industry has taken over control of GamePro!

http://kotaku.com/5374861/game-journalist-shake+up-shifts-personnel-at-several-outlets

This is epic!!! For those who are unaware John was an editorial mastermind behind alot of Ziff Davis content he was the one who pushed 1up to have a more personal feel and was the prime motive behind the creation of podcasts at 1up which led to a flood of the media.

Having someone as smart and talented as John running GamePro can only mean good things. :smiley:

This matched with a newly redesigned Game Informer and the loom of a new EGM still floating around means Print media is about to make a come back!!!

[quote=“sbf717”]John Davison who is perhaps one of the smartest man in game enthusiast press industry has taken over control of GamePro!

http://kotaku.com/5374861/game-journalist-shake+up-shifts-personnel-at-several-outlets

This is epic!!! For those who are unaware John was an editorial mastermind behind alot of Ziff Davis content he was the one who pushed 1up to have a more personal feel and was the prime motive behind the creation of podcasts at 1up which led to a flood of the media.

Having someone as smart and talented as John running GamePro can only mean good things. :smiley:

This matched with a newly redesigned Game Informer and the loom of a new EGM still floating around means Print media is about to make a come back!!![/quote]

Sadly I’ve become a information and video whore so I no longer use videogame magazines for info unless they happen to get really good exclusives that aren’t even online.

I haven’t laughed this hard in a long, long time.

Eat a Wii :neutral_face:

I think GI has done some pretty damn awesome features in the past. Things I rarely see done online outside of Gamasutra. I think if John and Steve turn GamePro and New EGM into more niche in depth articles on gaming culture/industry ON GOOD QUALITY PAPER at a premium price (I’d pay $10 per issue) they can be very successful.

[quote=“sbf717”]Eat a Wii :neutral_face:

I think GI has done some pretty damn awesome features in the past. Things I rarely see done online outside of Gamasutra. I think if John and Steve turn GamePro and New EGM into more niche in depth articles on gaming culture/industry ON GOOD QUALITY PAPER at a premium price (I’d pay $10 per issue) they can be very successful.[/quote]

When I said online I mean I can find pretty much most of the stuff in the magazines online anyways. Why do I need to go to a magazine for game news anything big is online anyways? If it has a trailer, character art and screenshots and a writeup who needs a magazine? The info is yesterdays news by the time it gets to you. Back when info on the internet wasn’t so widespread magazines were a good form of distribution now not so much since I can get much better content faster online.

this thread is not about kirby

this thread makes no sence

[quote=“SCIco_Draken”]this thread is not about kirby

this thread makes no sence[/quote]

ROFL Ohhh W2d2 you and your spelling :stuck_out_tongue:

would be more effective if i used and or misspelled the wrong word

also

nope

I don’t know why you’re such a stickler about the w and d being lower case when 90% of the words you type are in some way malformed. >_>

Game Pro is still around?

Wow. Like… WOW.

37%

60%. At least. :plain;

Haze Zobies. Just Sayin’…

That post was more like 100%. :lol

I miss EGM. :frowning: