Playstation Move announced. Nunchuck confirmed!

[url]http://kotaku.com/5490535/sonys-motion-controller-is-the-playstation-move[/url]

Fuck yeah!

Glad they will have an official nunchuck even though I’m sure MadCatz would have made one. Games looked ok for tech demos, totally buying SOCOM 4 now that it has Move support.

Towards the end they also emphasized that Move requires very little overhead for the developer so nobody has to worry about it using alot of RAM or CPU cycles.

That is a gay name and sounds like a dancing game where you dance and sing along to Elton John.

I now have the desire to make a Rocketman LBP level…

List of developers supporting Move. The big one is Q Entertainment!!!

The full list of supporting companies follows.

* 505 Games
* Activision
* AQ Interactive
* Arc Systems Work
* Atlus
* Bigben Interactive
* Capcom
* CCP
* Crave Entertainment
* Cyberfront
* Disney
* Electronic Arts
* FromSoftware
* Game Republic
* Gust
* Hudson Soft
* Irem Software
* Koei
* Konami
* Majesco
* Marvelous Entertainment
* Namco Bandai
* Ongakukan
* Oxygen Games
* Paon Corporation
* Q Entertainment
* Q-Games
* SEGA
* Sony Online Entertainment
* Spike
* Square Enix
* Tecmo
* THQ
* Ubisoft
* Warner Bros.
* Zoo Entertainment

This is the most blatant thing they’ve ever done. :lol Analog stick and rumble have nothing on this.

Yeah I love it when Sony takes ideas and makes them better!

Shitty skinny single analog stick with horrible circular plastic at the top --> Dual rubbery analog sticks that feel great

Rumble that requires batteries and awkward weigh distribution at the top of the controller --> Rumble that requires no batteries and adds weight evenly throughout the controller

Nunchuck that is wired–> Wireless nunchuck that has rechargeable batteries

Lol from over four years ago and now it’s come true. :lol :lol

[quote=“Andrex”]

Lol from over four years ago and now it’s come true. :lol :lol[/quote]

lol, you’re butthurt, arentcha?

God no. I’m full of vindication. :lol

The GAF thread on the “games” lineup for this thing is very entertaining. :lol :lol

And the backpedaling by sbf is always great.

I’m not backpedaling on anything besides ever buying a Wii :lol

Dude there’s no way you’ll ever convince me this isn’t a knee-jerk ripoff of the Wiimote. “B-b-but it’s better!” I don’t know how you can even convince yourself. :lol

Enjoy your HD shovelware, there’s plenty to go around.

I like that Sony reacts to the competition instead of living in their own isolated bubble like Nintendo.

Can do and you enjoy your SD shovelware and the 4 good games Nintendo puts out a year.

Sony gulps down whatever Nintendo piddles out of that bubble from their stronghold atop Mt. Innovation, you really shouldn’t trash talk it because anything they do Sony will inevitably rip off four years from now.

Maybe Nintendo should rip off some BASIC things Sony does like using a USB Mic to voice chat with someone :lol

Nintendo forges its own path. :stuck_out_tongue: Suck it MP3!

Well, funny thing, wasn’t it just this last E3 Sony was bragging about not needing a two part controller?

But really, Nintendo missed the boat on one big key thing this gen. Not voice, not online, but HD “people don’t want hd, they aren’t ready for it yet”. 100,000,000+ sets sold in the last ten years beg to differ with that statement.

Nintendo has great innovation. They just execute it horribly.

As for this, the only thing that makes me happy about this is the 1:1 movement. This is what I thought the Wii was going to be, so the fact that it exists is awesome.

And one more thing, I wouldn’t say this will create shovelware for Sony. PS3 is a system that HARDCORE gamers play on. Companies are going to still release shovelware for the Wii because that market accepts it, while it won’t really work as well on the PS3.

[quote=“sbf717”][url]http://kotaku.com/5490535/sonys-motion-controller-is-the-playstation-move[/url]

Fuck yeah!

Glad they will have an official nunchuck even though I’m sure MadCatz would have made one. Games looked ok for tech demos, totally buying SOCOM 4 now that it has Move support.

Towards the end they also emphasized that Move requires very little overhead for the developer so nobody has to worry about it using alot of RAM or CPU cycles.[/quote]

What a surprise now SBF cares about motion controls in fact its practically Wii motion controls.

[quote=“Asrugan”]Well, funny thing, wasn’t it just this last E3 Sony was bragging about not needing a two part controller?

But really, Nintendo missed the boat on one big key thing this gen. Not voice, not online, but HD “people don’t want hd, they aren’t ready for it yet”. 100,000,000+ sets sold in the last ten years beg to differ with that statement.[/quote]

It always tripped me out that in all the Wii ads people were playing on HDtvs…

HDTV’s weren’t the majority when the Wii launched so I can’t begrudge them for the decision but it does seem short-sighted. On the flip side, it’s kept dev costs down and fewer Wii devs seem to be imploding after one bomb than HD devs so who knows. Maybe it was Iwata’s dev side that got the best of him.

Its not short sighted its a cost saving move.