...of the Decade

it’s pretty easy to make a “of the year” list so why don’t we try something harder… Remember this is my opinion and none others if you disagree that’s fine make your own list.

Best Album: The Moon & Antarctica - Modest Mouse - 2000 - First time listened in 2003

This album made me want to learn to play the guitar. From first note to last this album has something for everybody. And I always hear something new

Best Show - Lost - 2004

This show made me watch TV again. If it was not for this show I would have not seen Pushing Dasies, 24, or even Dead Like Me.

Best Movie - The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King - 2003

It’s the Return of the King the greatest movie I have EVER seen… nuff said

Best Band - Modest Mouse

Clever writing, outstanding guitar work, and willing to try out diffrent genres it’s easy to see why.

Best Book - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

6 books later and JK Rowling still out does herself. The Battle of Hogwarts alone is worth it.

Best Book Series - The Dark Tower

It took me about a year to read all of it and it was worth it. Despite what people think of the ending (i loved it by the way) the journey is worth it.

Best writer - TIE - JK Rowling and Stephen King

Harry Potter and The Dark Tower explains it

Male: Adam Sessler

In 2000 I started watching this little show called Extended Play and I never missed an epsiode for an entire summer. Because of Situations I could not control and time I sort of forgot about it. Then in the summer of 2003 I started watching Tech TV and it had X-Play. I knew right away what it once was and it’s now rare for me to miss an episode since

Female: Morgan Webb

see above relating to X-Play

Best Game: Metal Gear Solid 3

It’s the only game to almost made me cry

Best Music Video - The Whale Song - Modest Mouse - 2009

your going to have to see it

Best Album: Dwell - The Envy Corps (2008)

Best Show: Scrubs (2001)

Best Movie: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)

Best Band: Midlake

Best Book: Midnight For Charlie Bone - Jenny Nimmo (2002)

Best Book Series: Cirque du Freak - Darren Shan

Best Writer: Tie between Darren Shan, Jenny Nimmo, and Lemony Snicket

Video Game: Tales of the Abyss (2006)

Music Video: Rhinemaidens - The Envy Corps (2008)

Best Album: Kamelot - The Black Halo
Even though there have been a lot of songs this decade that I’ve liked, full albums that I enjoyed from beginning to end have been very rare. This is the best example of a solid overall album that I can think of.

Best Show - Firefly
Yeah, there are only 14 episodes and it got canceled, but those 14 episodes are hands down the best television I have ever seen by far.

Best Movie - Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Lacking the giant battles of the second and third movies, and better for it. The first movie in the trilogy has an air of mystery and adventure about it that kept me captivated in a way I can’t recall ever having experienced before with a film.

Best Band - In Flames
Like I said, most bands this decade have had pretty scattershot performances, and In Flames isn’t too different in that regard. However, they have put together a few albums that were pretty solid, so I give them the nod for this.

Best Book - Darkly Dreaming Dexter
The book that spawned the Showtime series I enjoy so much. Even though the first book doesn’t measure up to the first season of the show, it’s got just the right kind of dark humor that I enjoy.

Best Book Series - Harry Potter
I actually never even touched this series until after the last book came out, but I ended up reading the whole thing in less than a month. Even though the last two books didn’t measure up to the first five, I still really enjoyed the series.

Best Male: Nathan Fillion
Between Firefly, Serenity, Dr. Horrible, and Castle, I can’t recall another actor whose performances I’ve so thoroughly enjoyed.

Best Female: Felicia Day
Mainly because of The Guild.

Best Game: Halo: Combat Evolved
Tough choice, but this one comes out on top by a tiny margin. Amazing FPS, about as close to perfect as I’ve ever played. Singlehandedly sold me on the Xbox.