No Capcom don't do this!

With how low their games like darkside chronicles and dead rising sold are selling it sounds like capcom is giving up on hardcore Wii games.

http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-says-hardcore-gamers-have-disowned-the-wii-159671.phtml

I get that they need money but maybe they should look at not making ports and light gun games and try making full out major games in their main franchises.

Im sure Monster Hunter 3 will save the hardcore hopes and dreams and usher in a new wave of amazing 3rd party games like Monster Hunter Portable saved the PSP.

[quote=“GillianSeed”]
I get that they need money but maybe they should look at not making ports and light gun games and try making full out major games in their main franchises.[/quote]

Exactly the problem. I as a Wii owner now equate Rail Shooter with spinoff shooter. I don’t like spin offs and I wouldn’t buy them on 360 or PS3 either.

Darkside and Extraction should have been third person. The only reason they weren’t were budget and laziness.

That would require doing work.

Hence my laziness comment.

IMO they knew Darkside was probably going to bomb (they outsourced to freaking Cavia.) They just wanted a reason to publicly say why they were gonna drop Wii support.

Dude you have to be joking

Capcom doesnt have to create a game designed to bomb to justify leaving a platform. They can leave whenever they want and just ignore anyone who ask them why they arent making Wii games. Its not like they have any obligation to Nintendo outside of Monster Hunter 3 :lol

[quote=“sbf717”]Dude you have to be joking

Capcom doesnt have to create a game designed to bomb to justify leaving a platform. They can leave whenever they want and just ignore anyone who ask them why they arent making Wii games. Its not like they have any obligation to Nintendo outside of Monster Hunter 3 :lol[/quote]
That’s what you think you know. Just like when you said it wasn’t moneyhatted. >_>

[quote=“sbf717”]Dude you have to be joking

Capcom doesnt have to create a game designed to bomb to justify leaving a platform. They can leave whenever they want and just ignore anyone who ask them why they arent making Wii games. Its not like they have any obligation to Nintendo outside of Monster Hunter 3 :lol[/quote]

Actually if they were doing well with all their games Capcom would have an insanely hard time trying to leave the Wii. You might be able to ignore people asking about Wii games but that also means you are ignoring money. This would hold true for any platform developers could have left PS2 but they didn’t because the numbers showed it was the most popular. Same with Wii any developer with a brain will realize there’s tons of consumers out there and I guarantee most of them would by great third party games. Third parties are putting out cheap knock off games and Wii owners just don’t give a shit for most of them. Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers would have failed on PS3/Xbox 360 too because players are excited for Final Fantasy XIII it doesn’t make sense to bitch your second rate franchise got second rate sales it doesn’t matter how many users have the console if they see your game as being extremely worse than what you’ll be releasing shortly after. Same thing with Dead Space the original Dead space is so much better than extraction and its why users didn’t bother to buy it. I mean someone on GAF has said there are finally some Crystal Bearer commercials.

Third parties are dooming themselves the must not realize it. I am the very consumer they should be marketing to but the problem is they give me tons of reasons not to give a shit about their releases. Even when I like something like No More Heroes I’m not seeing marketing for the sequel and although Suda had nothing to do with it the news of the 360/PS3 game damped the spirt of those who cared for the Wii version since we now think No More Heroes 2 might come to the 360 and PS3. In contrast I’m seeing Mass effect 2 stuff on Adult Swim, Gametrailers, They’ve been getting posts in the gaming news sites, ect. Its not like I can doubt Mass Effect 2 will outsell No More Heroes. Capcom and Sega don’t understand the Wii audience this is going to fail too. Wii owners want what other consoles want they want the Street Fighter 4’s, Resident Evil 5’s, Ect. Instead we get told we don’t want those we want these spin offs. The companies may not want to admit it but its pretty obvious they aren’t treating the Wii owners like they should its the leading console its not some random console that sold 10 units.

I said it wasn’t…

Sure I didn’t say b/c Sony didn’t wanna pay to keep it on PS3??

Anyways I think you should enjoy and embrace the games you get on your Wii and stop worrying about what the other platform is getting.

:up;

That’s… exactly what I do now. I do however worry about which games Wii may or may not get though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I want mah Overkill and Shattered Memories sequelzzzz. :up;

[quote=“sbf717”]I said it wasn’t…

Sure I didn’t say b/c Sony didn’t wanna pay to keep it on PS3??

Anyways I think you should enjoy and embrace the games you get on your Wii and stop worrying about what the other platform is getting.

:up;[/quote]

That’s fine but I’m tried of dev’s wining about sales when they are bringing maybe D to C grade games to the lead platform. Whats more sad is Capcom themselves said Resident Evil 4 did quite well for them on Wii apparently they didn’t get the hint they were confused by users buying Umbrella Chronicles hoping to get Resident Evil 5 later but Capcom has been ignoring that and Street Fighter 4 inquires. They deserve poor sales for these games because they are treating the users like crap and when you do that users can’t give a crap for your games. This has been going on for 3 years so users have been burned for 3 years so you can imagine how low their opinion of third parties are.

Capcom didn’t give users what they want so users didn’t give Capcom what it wants. Basically You Reap What You Sow.

This is why third parties don’t get respect on Wii. The PS2 isn’t technically superior so what’s the point in gimping the Wii game? I can give them props for realizing they’ve cut the Wii version down and priced it better. Actually I see it on Amazon for $49.99 WTF? Well that one says it has the voice acting but why is the Wii version $10 more?

darkside chronicles is out already . . . ?

Exactly the problem I didn’t know either but apparently since November.

I think it’s safe to say that 3rd parties should all be taking a page out of Gearbox’s book.

[YOUTUBE]a2tKCFDMfdI[/YOUTUBE]

Advertise your fucking games.

Kumi have you got Darkside yet? To be honest I think you’d like it. Much better game than UC and Operation Javier > RE5’s cutscenes that I watched on YouTube.

[quote=“nothere413”]I think it’s safe to say that 3rd parties should all be taking a page out of Gearbox’s book.

[YOUTUBE]a2tKCFDMfdI[/YOUTUBE]

Advertise your fucking games.[/quote]

Its not the only thing they have to get right but it would help. I mean look at the advertising difference between Mass Effect 2 and No More Heroes Desperate Struggle. Bioware is getting its name out in news stories also. I can remember the line from Mass Effect “Ever wonder where they go? I never really thought about it.”

Really good shit I actually care about leons and krausers fights in RE4 now and did a amazing job at putting all the possible situations and bosses from RE2 into one story but not so much with code veronica with some shit missing and not enough dc douglas wesker.

Yeah CV seemed slightly lacking even for me. Was good for me though since I was just trying to beat it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of Capcom games not selling well on the Wii…