Nintendo admits iPhone is a rival and caused declining DS sales

No my claim is games can evolve and that should be embraced.

At least Nintendo and the DS don’t have the FCC up on their asses.

The fact Sbf is comparing a phone (which when you get deep down to the heart of it is all it is) to a PS3 or 360 is laughable. Still the DS is a media device and the iPhone is a media device. Have you guys (fags) considered that maybe because the economy is bad people are having to choose between DS’s or iPhone’s? Maybe they want the hi-tech phone as oppose to the hi-tech video game system.

And by the way, updates would be cool. It’s not like it’s going to stop people from buying DS’s, but when there’s a new Nintendo handheld/upgraded DS they had better have it update-ready from day one. Nintendo needs to really stop pussy footing around and get their asses in line with Sony and MS.

Nintendo’s only solution for VOIP on one platform is a god damn mic that sits on your TV.

The FCC should be on their asses to get them to support a fucking headset on their platform. That shit should be criminal :confused:

sbf you’re getting a little fanatical. Watch yourself.

Uhh yeah it can.

The DSi is fine at what it does, the camera’s resolution is good old VGA and pics with it are surprisingly good for the few tenths of a megapixel it has. The 256 MB storage is fine because most DSiWare are only a couple megabytes.

[quote=“Andrex”]sbf you’re getting a little fanatical. Watch yourself.

Uhh yeah it can

The DSi is fine at what it does, the camera’s resolution is good old VGA and pics with it are surprisingly good for the few tenths of a megapixel it has. The 256 MB storage is fine because most DSiWare are only a couple megabytes.[/quote]

ohhh please no more than you’ve ever been >_>

The last time I heard about a DS game getting more content was Layton and it turned out all the “DLC” was stuff that was already on the cart.

So what are some other examples???

I would like the DS to have more of those kinds of features. Clearly people like it plenty even without DLC. As I said if a company makes a game properly it doesn’t need DLC.

[quote=“sbf717”]ohhh please no more than you’ve ever been >_>

The last time I heard about a DS game getting more content was Layton and it turned out all the “DLC” was stuff that was already on the cart.

So what are some other examples???[/quote]

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini’s March Again, for one. Picross DS has DLC and downloadable user-made levels. Animal Crossing: Wild World has a downloadable item every once in a while, I got a Master Sword when Twilight Princess came out. And finally, the Pokemon games, instead of allowing random battles, instead downloads the battle data of everyone who connects online, then distributes that for use in the Battle Tower/Frontier; this is in addition to the downloadable event Pokemon.

Riiiiiight. Like people buy iPhones to TALK on.

Now YOU’RE the one pulling MY leg. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t really understand this argument.

The Iphone/Itouch is a true competitor to the DS. It offers more apps, a better camera among other features. The DSi however, boasts 2 screens, longer and more complex games, etc.

In this economy though, Id rather spend 100 bucks on an older Iphone model than a new DSi model. I never liked the DSi because its an attempt to be like apple. Apple has more apps, a better camera, and does everything Nintendo is trying to do with the DSi, but better, and you can’t deny the hundereds of apps/games the Iphone has.

I think the DSi is cool, and I like the features you said about the DSi andrex, but at the same time, I would much rather have everything in one, and so does the everyday consumer, which is also something the DSi is trying to go after.

Shows just how far Nintendo’s fallen. Now people have the choice between playing time killer games on the DS, or time killer games on the iPhone.

[quote=“sbf717”]Yes iPhone has features on par with PS3 and 360 including DLC, App updates, Background downloading and custom soundtracks.

*It has features 360 is still trying to get including your choice of many twitter clients, a dedidcated facebook app, and Last.fm radio streaming and scrobbling(along with Pandora and the entire shoutcast libary)

[/quote]

Because I really need and want twitter on my 360…come on now.

Killer games on the iphone? Anyways Nintendo may not have super amazing DS sales right now but its already done amazingly well for them.

Time-killer. In other words, not to be taken seriously.

So DS games shouldn’t be taken seriously? Some of those games are the most amazing games around.

God damnit, that’s not what I meant. I meant that some games on the DS can’t be taken seriously, and most games on the Iphone can’t be taken seriously.

That’s unfair though b/c of course when you have 30,000 games the vast majoiry of them are gonna be bad.

But the majority of the games in the Top 100(which is ranked on unit sales) are games that can be taking seriously.

So it’s not like the user base is sitting around consuming crap.

Yeah there are trash games on any system. Certainly that petz line I don’t know why Ubisoft thinks its a good idea I’m not even sure the intended audience cares. I guess when Nintendo did Nintendogs everyone thought they could be Nintendo by making a dog game.