Nintendo admits iPhone is a rival and caused declining DS sales

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/nintendo-admits-iphone-a-rival

I was wondering how long before they acknowlegded it.

Which is strange because in the past they have blown off japanese mobile phones as a threat.

Now I wonder what they will do to compete againist a platform that is growing more an more by the day and has features on par with PS3 and 360.

But anyways glad Apple is disrupting the marketplace. Maybe they can force Nintendo into the digital age…one that doesnt involve a NEW device in 2009 with 256MB of storage and a 0.3 megapixel camera.

This is a good thing you’re right maybe some good competition can make them stop being horrid when it comes to online.

God bless competition.

Makes most everything better…right?

Yes sir.

Wait a second… you’re telling me that a video game system is a rival to a completely separate video game system?

SHOCKING! :astonished:

[quote=“spooie”]Wait a second… you’re telling me that a video game system is a rival to a completely separate video game system?

SHOCKING! :astonished:[/quote]

The thing is iPhone isnt labeled as a video game system if it had to be labelled as something most people would say a phone or iPod before anything else.

I have a friend who refused to get a PSP or DS because he had an Iphone. I tried time and time again to tell him that you can’t play any real games without one or the other but he wouldn’t listen.

Moral of the story: Don’t do drugs.

WTF is a “real” game???

One that is played on a real gaming system… :wink:

[quote=“sbf717”]http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/nintendo-admits-iphone-a-rival

I was wondering how long before they acknowlegded it.

Which is strange because in the past they have blown off japanese mobile phones as a threat.

Now I wonder what they will do to compete againist a platform that is growing more an more by the day and has features on par with PS3 and 360.

You cant even update a DS game and Im not even just talking about patching glitches and what not I mean UPDATE it with things like new content and features.

But anyways glad Apple is disrupting the marketplace. Maybe they can force Nintendo into the digital age…one that doesnt involve a NEW device in 2009 with 256MB of storage and a 0.3 megapixel camera.[/quote]

Are you seriously saying Iphone is like a PS3 and a 360 seriously? Iphone is shit for games popular but shit for games. I think Nintendo should focus on making great games. I do have to admit I would like the DS to have had an ability to have game updates but really they shouldn’t have to update a game though. Certainly one thing Nintendo should improve is its online quality.

Yes iPhone has features on par with PS3 and 360 including DLC, App updates, Background downloading and custom soundtracks.

It has features 360 is still trying to get including your choice of many twitter clients, a dedidcated facebook app, and Last.fm radio streaming and scrobbling(along with Pandora and the entire shoutcast libary)

I think not having updates is lame who the hell is gonna say no to IMPROVEMENTS to a game they already own.

Lets take Henry Hatsworth for DS where EA admitted they didnt have time to QA the last levels of the game so thats why they are hard as fuck compared to the rest of the levels. That could be solved with an update.

[quote=“sbf717”]Yes iPhone has features on par with PS3 and 360 including DLC, App updates, Background downloading and custom soundtracks.

It has features 360 is still trying to get including your choice of many twitter clients, a dedidcated facebook app, and Last.fm radio streaming and scrobbling(along with Pandora and the entire shoutcast libary)

I think not having updates is lame who the hell is gonna say no to IMPROVEMENTS to a game they already own.

Lets take Henry Hatsworth for DS where EA admitted they didnt have time to QA the last levels of the game so thats why they are hard as fuck compared to the rest of the levels. That could be solved with an update.[/quote]

Well okay custom soundtracks is nice and I guess twitter or last fm but thats media bullshit that I really could care less about only thing I really like out of those three is Custom Soundtracks. About the updating they really shouldn’t have to. And EA seriously didn’t have time to QA especially since its a huge developer? Then again its EA we are talking about.

WTF why do you keep saying they really shouldn’t have too?? Do you think every game ships out perfect and can’t be improved upon???

Its how it should be they should have fixed up everything by the time it ships. DLC is supposed to be extra content not crap they didn’t feel like doing at the time.

Idealistic bullshit.

The reality is games are an evolving product. They require thought and effort to create and maybe a week after you ship you think of new lines of code that can improve the graphics engine and make the game look even better or a few of new gameplay ideas.

Or hey maybe you actually LISTEN to your customers and change the game based on their IDEAS.

Things that are too small to warrant an entirely new game.

I would rather buy a PSP with the one analoge stick than an iPhone.

[quote=“sbf717”]Idealistic bullshit.

The reality is games are an evolving product. They require thought and effort to create and maybe a week after you ship you think of new lines of code that can improve the graphics engine and make the game look even better or a few of new gameplay ideas.

Or hey maybe you actually LISTEN to your customers and change the game based on their IDEAS.

Things that are too small to warrant an entirely new game.[/quote]

Games all the way back in 1985 didn’t have problems don’t know why they are so screwed up today according to you. Anyways there is such a thing as delaying a game that shouldn’t be shipped out for whatever reason.

I’ve got to agree with this at least PSP is more gaming oriented than Iphone.

Well hello it’s 2009 get the hell out of the past. Of course it wasn’t a problem back then b/c they didn’t have the means to do it.

Now there is and it should be embraced.

It’s like saying yeah fuck chemo now to try and stop cancer cells from spreading!!

Didn’t use that shit back in the day!!!

Throw some leeches on that kid he’ll be fine!!

[quote=“sbf717”]Well hello it’s 2009 get the hell out of the past. Of course it wasn’t a problem back then b/c they didn’t have the means to do it.

Now there is and it should be embraced.

It’s like saying yeah fuck chemo now to try and stop cancer cells from spreading!!

Didn’t use that shit back in the day!!!

Throw some leeches on that kid he’ll be fine!![/quote]

Your claim was somehow games that are released are broken or need to be fixed which wasn’t the case even back in 1985.