Masashi Hamauzu has crafted one of the most amazing OSTs ever

It’s been a long time coming for Final Fantasy 13 with over 5 years in development but during Nomura designing the most elaborate zippers ever and the Toyiyama and Kitase making a great game a man named Masashi Hamauzu was busy crafting an amazingly epic soundtrack.

Epic sums up the FF 13 OST quite well as it is filled with grand orchestrated pieces, lovingly crafted ballads, and haunting chant filled themes. But even more than that I find that it’s like a love letter to some of the greatest Japanese composers of the past. There are moments that I can tell he was clearly influenced by Uemastu’s past work but moreso he rips a line almost directly from Yuki Kajiura’s work on Noir that had me drooling in awe. It pulls you in one minute and then shocks you the next as it draws on so many different themes.

What’s even more shocking is that even with 4 discs and almost 4 hours of music it never gets stale and every track carries weight and meaning. Each disc opens differently and ends in it’s own special way. In the past soundtracks to the mainline franchises you could probably cull 1 or 2 discs worth of music that served no real purpose. And the main vocal theme that get’s alot of play 君がいるから delivers so much more emotion in context to the rest of the album.

Overall moreso than any other Final Fantasy soundtrack the FF 13 OST steps out of convention. Hamauzu has not only raised the bar it’s like he took it in hand and beat the shit out of all who came before him.

You should listen to the Neverhood soundtrack.

It’ll blow your mind.

What does it sound like???

I was just planning on importing that on my next check.

Good to know it’s, well, good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Will it ever come out in America?

And how much is it?

[YOUTUBE]cTUSgUTVyeY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4aDh_O3FQWY[/YOUTUBE]

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Will it ever come out in America?

And how much is it?[/quote]

Probably…ehhh can’t guarantee all the vocal tracks will make it over since they are putting Lenioa Lewis in the US version. If it does it will be released on iTunes most likely.

ehhh not really feeling that Ryan

Correction the US version seems identical to the japanese one. No Lenoa Lewis at all :smiley:
http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.175291700

No need to import either DJ

Oh I know there’s a US version, but I really want the LE… :frowning::stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“sbf717”]Correction the US version seems identical to the japanese one. No Lenoa Lewis at all :smiley:
http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.175291700

No need to import either DJ[/quote]

Why… the FUCK would you pay 30 bucks for that?

B/c it’s the greatest OST in the history of Final Fantasy and you can make a very high quality rip from them. And $30 for four discs isn’t that bad, your average single cd runs what like $12 these days.