Just because you cheat on your wife........ (politics)

Does not mean you cant lead your town, state, or country. Im really getting fed up with the backlash that happens when someone in Politics goes out and sticks his knob in someone besides his wife.

I mean lets all just grow up and admit that most men are just gonna fuck up when it comes to sex and monogamy is something that is a great ideal but not something that works well in reality.

I mean make no mistake I think cheating on your partner without their approval is wrong but when Bill Clintion stuck his peen in Monicas mouth that didn’t mean he couldnt keep leading the country

So the next gov., mayor, senator, presisdent runs out and gets his jollies off with someone besides their wife lets just all go

Thats fucked up, hope he can deal with the fallout of his wife and kids. Now get back to doing your job!

I mean come the fuck on :neutral_face:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

In all seriousness, I think it’s ridiculous that people get shocked when they find out that the people they elected are gay or adulterous. For fuck’s sake, don’t be so fucking naive; this shit happens all the time, whether you’re there to witness it or not.

And Bill didn’t face the possibility of impeachment for teaching Monica how to speak softly and carry a big stick, it was because he lied to the entire country about it later.

I think what makes the voters reconsider their position is how untrustworthy the concept of adultery is. People hear the word “Affair” and automatically associate the word “Untrustworthy” with it. It’s just how we’re wired, whether that’s good or bad.

Hopefully people will grow up at some point.

…Then again if they’d grown up 10 years ago we wouldn’t have gone through the shit storm that was the Bush administration… :neutral_face:

What does piss me off about this kind of shit is when the people responsible do it while they’re rallying against it. Larry Craig for example; you don’t get to hate on the entire homosexual community, then ask a male cop to suck you off in the Denver Airport. It’s hypocrisy.

If you’re having gay sex with an intern in the Senate, fine. Just don’t turn around and then say “Homosexuality is ruining this country.”

It is a great ideal, and if we can’t count on the nation’s leaders to uphold our ideals, than who should be turn to? Just say “to hell with ideals, everyone does bad stuff, let’s just make it OK for them to do bad stuff!” It’s a slippery slope into giving the OK to many other things.

You should be satisfied adultery isn’t even against the law. If the politicians want to do it, fine, it’s their choice if they can live with it.

[quote=“Andrex”]It is a great ideal, and if we can’t count on the nation’s leaders to uphold our ideals, than who should be turn to? Just say “to hell with ideals, everyone does bad stuff, let’s just make it OK for them to do bad stuff!” It’s a slippery slope into giving the OK to many other things.

You should be satisfied adultery isn’t even against the law. If the politicians want to do it, fine, it’s their choice if they can live with it.[/quote]

Technically adultery IS a felony, but it’s pretty much just a slap on the wrist.

Well back then people weren’t really convinced oral sex was sex…ehhhhh people still don’t think it is. So with Bill that was kinda a gray area…kinda…ok he did lie about it. But still he lied about something that was an personal matter not a matter of concern for the country.

But I totally agree with the hypocristy angle.

To Drex. I think people should be more concerned about if the person can do their job. With some leaders I agree they should, like a Pastor who is leading a church should abide by the ideals of that church which I’m sure includes not having an affair.

But I’m sorry I don’t look to my leaders in goverment to uphold ideals that don’t relate to their job for me I look to them to do their job effectively.

I think the power gets to their heads and they realize that back when they were just a nerd, these women wouldn’t have had sex with them. But, now that they’re a hotshot, they will.

But I think that dumbasses should stop using it as an excuse to leave office just because they’re sick of their jobs or their approval ratings just aren’t what they used to be.

Get some fucking marriage counciling or leave the bitch, I say.

I agree its stupid if they are good leaders I can care less if they busted a nut with some other chick other than their wives/husbands. I mean really its their personal life it should have nothing to do with their work. But politics is dirty so if people (opponents) find out you have been cheating they will go right to the media and use it against you as if your whole life is now over because you cheated and somehow all leadership abilities have been erased.

To be honest I asked the same thing to my dad about the whole Dick Cheney hunting thing.

[quote=“sbf717”]To Drex. I think people should be more concerned about if the person can do their job. With some leaders I agree they should, like a Pastor who is leading a church should abide by the ideals of that church which I’m sure includes not having an affair.

But I’m sorry I don’t look to my leaders in goverment to uphold ideals that don’t relate to their job for me I look to them to do their job effectively.[/quote]

So as long as they get taxes lowered and can get us out of Iraq, they can do anything they want? Glad to see you support the new regime, comrade.

That’s not communism, that’s just assholery. If you cheat, you’re an asshole.

But I think that if they do their job correctly, and they happen to cheat, people shouldn’t use that as an argument against you.

Example: Bill Clinton was a TERRIBLE husband, but a great president.

If someone who lays brick for a living cheats, does everyone say he’s not good at laying brick? No. They say he IS good at laying women who aren’t his wife.

To drex (I’m not quoting as I’m using the shitty PS3 broswer)

No I think they should act within the law. You seem to have this feeling that one vice leads to another and they are just gonna keep sprialing until they are doing whatever they want. I don’t agree with that.

Studies show that around 60% of married men and 40% of married women cheat at some point.

I don’t think any of us should be surprised when it happens, and it also doesn’t make that person somehow less capable of doing their job, unless that job is being a pastor or something.

It’s kinda difficult to trust in a government official who supports family values and that kind of shit only to end up getting caught cheating on their spouse.

That certainly doesn’t call them out as hypocrites!

[quote=“sbf717”]To drex (I’m not quoting as I’m using the shitty PS3 broswer)

No I think they should act within the law. You seem to have this feeling that one vice leads to another and they are just gonna keep sprialing until they are doing whatever they want. I don’t agree with that.[/quote]

Many empires have fallen, not all at once, but because of a gradual degredation of morals.

THIS HERE’S AMURICA, SONNY BOY!