Iwata Confirms next DS will be HD and have a motion sensor.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/05/hi-definition-nintendo-ds-successor-with-motion-sensor-in-the-works/

Pretty cool stuff. Apparently the rumor is its using the NVIDIA Tegra 2. Convient since the NVIDIA Tegra 2 should be shown off at CES.

Nintendo finally leaving the handheld gaming ghetto

You should be a spokesperson for Sony. I like that it will have better hardware and motion sensing. I say it will probably be out around 2012.

Fucking sweet more money to spend!

Pretty sure they won’t need to bring it out anytime soon. Unlike with the first DS, Sony doesn’t have their back to a wall.

Also I love that they’re using Tegra. Ultra super awesome graphics at mega awesome low power consumption. And they get to keep it backwards-compatible.

Also I figured it would have an accelerometer after how many successful iPhone games have used it. In fact I’m kinda surprised the first DS didn’t have it, considering the Wii. Of course, the Nunchuk is $20 an that’s practically just an accelerometer.

Kinda ambivalent on the whole HD thing. Granted I’d take any resolution higher than what the DS has right now, but HD seems overkill. I’d gladly take VGA on a handheld, which would probably be two iPhone screens on one device.

Wait… motion sensor?

Ugh. Do not want.

[quote=“Andrex”]Pretty sure they won’t need to bring it out anytime soon. Unlike with the first DS, Sony doesn’t have their back to a wall.
[/quote]

It’s not Sony they have to worry about it’s Apple. They themselves blame iPhone/ipod for slowing DS growth. The longer they wait the more market and mindshare they will loose as Apple is aggressively pushing the $199 iPod Touch to the masses.

[quote=“nothere413”]Wait… motion sensor?

Ugh. Do not want.[/quote]

You thought Nintendo wasn’t going to go down the path of motion sensing? Whether you like it or not it has captured females, older people, ect. Nintendo would be retarded to suddenly dump that market since it won’t even have competitors till Microsoft and Sony get their motion control out. If anyone reacts favorably to the motion controls I guarantee both competitors will have motion controls standard. Guess it depends on how long till PS4, Xbox720 for decisions like that.

Well, it looks like I’ll have to find another hobby, then.

Apparently they wanted it in the first DS.

http://kotaku.com/5441793/miyamoto-also-wanted-motion-control-in-a-nintendo-ds

Can’t wait for the Super Mario Sunshine remake! :smiley:

Motion sensor probably just means an accelerometer like the iPhone has. Can be used for some great games if done right, just like the touch screen.

Also for clarification some translators think he meant “high resolution”, not HD, which is actually called “Hi Vision” in Japan.

[quote=“Andrex”]Motion sensor probably just means an accelerometer like the iPhone has. Can be used for some great games if done right, just like the touch screen.

Also for clarification some translators think he meant “high resolution”, not HD, which is actually called “Hi Vision” in Japan.[/quote]

Yeah but High resolution still means its getting a bump also the rumor is its using the Nvida Tegra2 which will be put into iphones also. Either way I’m thinking DS 2 in 2012 because if he can mention stuff about it means they are getting stuff really rolling the rumored chip is shipping this year and I’ve thought about it DS came out at the end of 2004 so its been 5 years 2 more would make 7 years. I guess its possible they could show it at E3 since its been 5 years I seriously doubt it though since Iwata said not for a while I think 2 years is something they’ll do to get sales and to have the price go down for them.