Is Capcom Working On A New Okami?

With Inafune still at Capcom??? :lol No way

Huh why?

If this is true i may go back and actually beat the first one
maybe

Same. :lol

Inafune is very influential in the company and there is no way he’s gonna let this happen given the past sales failure of Okami.

Unless this turns out to be a DS game which is hardly any investment on Capcom’s part you can write this off as someone just getting bored and filing trademarks. Like Metal Gear Solid 4 EXISTENCE which nothing ever came of.

yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okami should of been promoted better.

Don’t know if want…

You will!

One of the few titles that I never traded in.

I thought you were one of the people excited about Okami?

Sometimes, sequels are not a good thing for a lot of games. Games that perfectly round up the ending instead of leaving a cliffhanger. So besides leaving a legacy, their story gets milked to death with coming sequels. They does not need to be made into a franchise. I think Okami fits perfect with that and why there shouldn’t be a sequel, so is Okami really sequel-worthy?

To me, it’s like a modern fairytale- in the similar sense to PIXAR’s movies, besides Toy Story, none of their movies get sequels and they all are awesome works of art. So expanding the story when the story is already finished would in turn hurt its reputation.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]Sometimes, sequels are not a good thing for a lot of games. Games that perfectly round up the ending instead of leaving a cliffhanger. So besides leaving a legacy, their story gets milked to death with coming sequels. They does not need to be made into a franchise. I think Okami fits perfect with that and why there shouldn’t be a sequel, so is Okami really sequel-worthy?

To me, it’s like a modern fairytale- in the similar sense to PIXAR’s movies, besides Toy Story, none of their movies get sequels and they all are awesome works of art. So expanding the story when the story is already finished would in turn hurt its reputation.[/quote]

Cars 2 is in the works, and not direct to video.

Disney makes them do the sequels. Or rather, they say “If you don’t do the sequel, we’ll find some studio that will”.

That’s why Toy Story 2 came out and why Toy Story 3 is on the way.

Same with Cars 2…

okami was promoted . . . ?

There’s a rumor starting saying that there is a port of Okami to the DS…?

Excuse me…It might be a sequel. (According to Joystiq.)

Called it! :lol :lol

I knew it would have had to be something with a small budget to get greenlit

A DS sequel would make me jizz in my pants. Okami is perfect for it, all I wonder is how it’ll continue the story.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=95094

[quote=“GoNintendo”]- Full title: Okamiden: Chisaki Taiyou

• new wolf: Chibiterasu
  • events take place a few months after the end of Okami
  • Issun is accompanying Chibiterasu to meet up with Sakuya, as Sakuya wants to ask Chibiterasu for help
  • combat system similar to the original Okami
  • draw lines to slash enemies, circle trees to make them grow/bloom
  • partner characters for Chibiterasu to work with
  • partner will both aid and hinder you, bringing up puzzles that you have to solve in order for you and your partner to progress
  • one partner revealed: Kuninushi, son of the swordsman Susano
  • learn why Susano has a son, when he didn’t a few months ago
  • producer: Motohide Eshiro
  • director: Kuniomi Matsushita
  • Matsushita wanted to make a portable Okami, so he made a prototype and showed it to Eshiro. When Eshiro saw the prototype, the team decided to move forward
  • Matsushita wants to go portable with Okami in the hopes of getting a bigger audience to experience what the world of Okami is all about
  • due out 2010 in Japan[/quote]

The producer is the same producer on the Miles Edgeworth games, don’t know who the director is.

As long as Issun is still as perverted as he was in the original, I will be ok with this. :stuck_out_tongue: