Im Finally Trading in my Wii to get an Xbox

Ive come to my breaking point…I have left my Nintendo over at my girlfriends house now for over a month and havent missed it at ALL. Im done with it…thats not to say Im done with Nintendo I will still keep an eye out for the New Zelda (renting it and playing at my bros house) and for any other amazing games coming out for it and of course Nintendos new console…but for now Im joining the xbox crowd. They have Halo, Gears, and CoD:MW! Not to mention many other great games that are actually interesting to me. Ive been waiting for the right time and seeing as today is my b-day I think the time is now!! Happy B-day to me!

You’re gonna miss out, all the great games are finally showing up en masse. NSMB, Galaxy 2, Epic Mickey, Other M, Silent Hill, Red Steel 2, Crystal Bearers (finally) Muramasa, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, A Boy and His Blob, Fragile US, Monster Hunter 3, Tales of Graces… then of course later on, late 2010 or 2011, Zelda Wii and Dragon Quest X.

But it’s your choice. If none of these are attractive to you, go ahead. But personally, I would never, ever sell any console I bought, because it could always be useful later on. Try to get the scratch some other way.

[quote=“Andrex”]You’re gonna miss out, all the great games are finally showing up en masse. NSMB, Other M, Red Steel 2, Crystal Bearers (finally) Muramasa, Monster Hunter 3, Zelda Wii and Dragon Quest X.

But it’s your choice. If none of these are attractive to you, go ahead. But personally, I would never, ever sell any console I bought, because it could always be useful later on. Try to get the scratch some other way.[/quote]

I edited your list of game and made them bold as to show which I am most excited for…or would at least give it a shot. I may find another way of getting the money but as of right now…Nintendo just is sucking la balls!!

I feel sad because I haven’t even bothered unpacking my Wii. I haven’t even touched it in months and it’s laying in a cardboard box with my other shit.

Ive tried to hang on for so long its just finally time…I cant keep fooling myself that its gonna get any better. Nintendo is still pumping out wii fit and wii sport crap…(they may be fun games but not games that interest a gamer like me) I mean you should pull it out and give it a shot but as for my I gave it a LONG ASS shot!

My Wii has had an update sitting on it since before I left for Gillian’s a week ago. I still haven’t updated it. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah…If you want to do that, then go ahead but you won’t get much for it…

Yeah I seem to be getting alot of flack for saying Im “trading in” my wii (from other sites) hmmm It might be better for me to keep the wii then…but Im still getting my xbox damnit! lol

Careful. It may brick on you. :Q

I’m aware of that… But I want my free Nintendog in Animal Crossing, damnit!

Nintendo’s output may be anemic since 2008 but third parties are consistently delivering in its place, in my opinion.

Chicken and the egg. People complain Nintendo doesn’t release enough, third party games die out. Nintendo lets them breath, and people complain.

I don’t know how two games in one year equals “pumping out crap.” And really just one… WiiFit Plus is like WiiFit GOTY Edition, so to speak.

I think you relied on the Conduit too much. You hyped that game way too much for it to actually deliver. You need to be keener on the other games coming out, too. Like… the ones I listed. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t believe you’ve been “patient” this long and are about to give up right before Silent Hill, New Super Mario Bros., and the Crystal Bearers come out… I mean, I’ve been waiting for these games for years and I wouldn’t dare even think selling my Wii until I’ve played the crap out of them.

Good choice welcome to the future. Cant wait to see you online! See Nintendo people like to play games…ONLINE. With an actual friends list and compelling games to play.

You know Nintendo’s done online since 2005, right? Xbox Live is a much much more robust infrastructure but it also costs $50 a year to use.

I don’t think multiplayer games are inherently better or more fun than single-player games.

Actually, Andrex… Nintendo’s done online since 2001. They just didn’t DO anything online with the Gamecube. No, wait… that’s not true. The Famicom was online, but not in the sense that people think of online today.

Anywho… I too would never trade my game systems. Games? Sure. Game systems? No.

Also… when you say “I’m finally trading in my Wii to get an Xbox”… I think of you trading your Wii in for an XBOX… not an Xbox 360. You need to be more clear. Nothing against you, but I HATE when people say that. Growing up, people always told me they had a “Sega,” when in reality, they had a GENESIS.

[quote=“spooie”]Actually, Andrex… Nintendo’s done online since 2001. They just didn’t DO anything online with the Gamecube. No, wait… that’s not true. The Famicom was online, but not in the sense that people think of online today.

Anywho… I too would never trade my game systems. Games? Sure. Game systems? No.

Also… when you say “I’m finally trading in my Wii to get an Xbox”… I think of you trading your Wii in for an XBOX… not an Xbox 360. You need to be more clear. Nothing against you, but I HATE when people say that. Growing up, people always told me they had a “Sega,” when in reality, they had a GENESIS.[/quote]

It doesnt really make a difference unless ur actually doing business with someone but for an online forum ppl typically get it >_> Also Ive come to the conclusion that Im not trading my wii in…instead im just gonna buy the Xbox 360 right out. Im getting Halo 3 and reserving CoD:MW2…Man I am soo excited its like waiting for Christmas times a million!! I want to play the 3D castlevania, Darksiders, Dragon Age: Origins, etc. etc. hahaha this is gonna be so much fun!

I’m honestly really, really interested in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Hope it delivers unlike the other 3D ones.

Not all the 3-d ones are bad. I will defend Lament of innocene to the death as a good game. Much better than Smpy of the Night the only people who are still harping on the 3-d ones are just those “golden age” gamers who are too stuck in the past and wouldn’t know a good 3-d platformer/action game if it bite them in the ass :neutral_face:

Also congrats dude hope you enjoy your 360.

Wow at a time when they are going to release Mario, Metroid and Zelda and third parties are starting to get it you decide to turn it in? I would never turn a console in but this makes even less sense to me. Even if you are not a Nintendo fan you know those games are good. Also would have figured you’d have sold it before the price drop not after that’s another thing that’s weird.

Son… are you 'tarded?

[quote=“sbf717”]Not all the 3-d ones are bad. I will defend Lament of innocene to the death as a good game. Much better than Smpy of the Night the only people who are still harping on the 3-d ones are just those “golden age” gamers who are too stuck in the past and wouldn’t know a good 3-d platformer/action game if it bite them in the ass :neutral_face:

Also congrats dude hope you enjoy your 360.[/quote]

You know the 3d ones aren’t as good.

[quote=“sbf717”]Not all the 3-d ones are bad. I will defend Lament of innocene to the death as a good game. Much better than Smpy of the Night the only people who are still harping on the 3-d ones are just those “golden age” gamers who are too stuck in the past and wouldn’t know a good 3-d platformer/action game if it bite them in the ass :neutral_face:

Also congrats dude hope you enjoy your 360.[/quote]

You know the 3d ones aren’t as good. That might change but so far they haven’t been. Lord of shadow does have Patrick Stewart though which is pretty awesome.

Opps I meant to edit not quote.

It’s not a popular opinion but that’s how I really feel. >_>