I was wrong

When Blur was first announced I was against it

And when I heard it had massive framerate issues when demoed at E3 I laughed and facepalmed

But now that I’ve played the Multiplayer Beta I’m blown away at how amazing Blur is.

For starters people are comparing it to Mario Kart and while I love nothing more than to see a Western developer or any developer shit all over something Nintendo made I think a better comparison is to Wipeout and Twisted Metal. Blur takes the structured races and weapons of Wipeout and mixes them with the real world locations turned into elaborate tracks of Twisted Metal and even throws in real licensed cars to boot!

Blur mixes all these things together and then lays them on top of a FANTASTIC driving model and THAT is what really makes Blur so amazing. This game plays so goddamn well for an arcade racer, as you quickly start to grasp the feeling of every car within only a few play-throughs. When you can do that then you can easily focus on the combat which is equally as satisfying.

This may not have been what I wanted from Bizarre but what they have made is as amazing as PGR 3 ever was.

TLDR Blur is good. Check out the free Beta yo

Never heard of it.

OTOH I’m interested in Sega All-Stars Racing because of the House of the Dead tracks. <3

Edit- :lol That thread. Good times.

I’ll get that when it bombs like Sega Tennis Stars and cost $15…it even has Alex Kidd :Q

Yeah I gotta wait too. SoulSilver is out this Sunday!! :Q

Shame they announced SMG2’s date so soon, I’d have been counting down to that instead. Oh wait, that’s not a shame. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“sbf717”]When Blur was first announced I was against it
For starters people are comparing it to Mario Kart and while I love nothing more than to see a Western developer or any developer shit all over something Nintendo made I think a better comparison is to Wipeout and Twisted Metal.
[/quote]

WTF?

[quote=“sbf717”]When Blur was first announced I was against it

TLDR Blur is good. Check out the free Beta yo[/quote]

So, um, no clue. But what the hell, I’m into betas (did that lengthy sign up for FF VIX last night) so I did this one too, now I gotta go download it.

Thanks for the beta key I played it today and it was a blast. It takes a little getting used to, I was confused by all the power ups I always forgot what the symbols meant. I’m going to play more tonight.