I need something to watch

I’ve always enjoyed the style of anime but it’s been awhile since I’ve truly gotten into a series. I have tried a few but there’s an issue with me finding enough interest to fully finish it. For example, I tried watching Code Geass when it began airing on Adult Swim. It sounded interesting and based on the ending of the series (which I stumbled upon by accident and watched anyway), I felt its plot had some potential to me. Though I hated the overall presentation of the characters and it’s kinda-weird style.

I tried getting into Moribito when they showed it, too. At first, it sounded really good. I wanted to know why Balsa was picked to protect Chagum for the rest of his life, but then the air time changed… I missed a few episodes… Tried to get back into it and realized that I no longer cared.

I was watching the subbed episodes of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood after watching the original series. It’s enjoyable but I’ve always been so-so with the Full Metal Alchemist series.

Bottom line is: I’m looking for recommendations.

I don’t care if it is popular or no one heard about it. I don’t care if it’s subbed or dubbed. I just want something interesting to watch. I’m going to tell you now that I like twisted, dark themes. I loved Death Note for the intelligence battles between Light and L and just how f’ed up the show got with Light’s true intentions to get what he wanted or needed. Though Ergo Proxy remains my favorite for it’s level of suspense and tension as well as it’s psychological aspects. (I liked Paranoia Agent for the same reason.)

Though I also like crime based stuff like Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop.

So, I’m looking for something that contains the following elements:

• Psychological
  • Suspenseful
  • Gothic
  • Solid story
  • Likable characters
  • Tragedy
  • Supernatural
  • Horror

Basically, if it’s “happy go lucky” or has heavy romance in it, screw it. :stuck_out_tongue: (Though I do enjoy ironic, twisted dark humor.)

I thought about trying out Ghost Hunt and Le Chevalier D’Eon due to their supernatural and horror elements. Suggestions though?I

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (it’s only $27 at RightStuf)
-Based off the book/movie, but it tends to be more from Albert’s perspective.

Boogiepop Phantom
-Interesting, but the movie is required watching as well to really understand everything.

Serial Experiments Lain seems to fit most of those requirements.

[quote=“S&M”]Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (it’s only $27 at RightStuf)
-Based off the book/movie, but it tends to be more from Albert’s perspective.[/quote]

I love the book so much. I keep meaning to watch that.

We both watched that already thought it was just alright but didn’t help with not paying much attention.:stuck_out_tongue:

Alright then I would recommend anything by Satoshi Kon, Perfect Blue, Mermaid Forest/Mermaid Scar, Now and Then, Here and There. I think you might like Hell Girl because it’s pretty entertaining not a masterpiece but fun to watch. Oh and of course Beyblade.

Listen to the man, he knows his shit

:slight_smile:

Yo anime buffs ITT is this any good: http://funimation.com/origin/ Saw a preview on my DBZ DVD and it looked interesting.

“Dance in the Vampire Bund”
“When the Seagulls cry”
“Sora No Woto”

And that’s it. If you want more, then go there.

[quote=“The_Juno”]“Dance in the Vampire Bund”
“When the Seagulls cry”
“Sora No Woto”

And that’s it. If you want more, then go there.[/quote]

I was going to reccomend Dance in the Vampire Bund but Steph said she didn’t want too much romance and DVB has a pretty strong love story thing going at times. But it also has vampire loli tits though they are going to be censored D:

Really? It look like a horror/action to me…but It still look good!

Also, Durarara! is pretty interesting. It’s A-Must watch.

I’m not a big anime fan but I did see a few episodes of Gantz and I thought it was interesting.

The only thing that comes to my mind would be Boogiepop Phantom.

[quote=“The_Juno”]Really? It look like a horror/action to me…but It still look good!
[/quote]

Nah its really about romance its kind of Horror Action but its got Romance.

The animes Kumiko wants probably aren’t showing up till later this year because they got delayed. I’ll bet Kumiko would be all over Deadman Wonderland I mean its about a crazy psycho prison I think that’s Kumiko’s style.

[quote=“The_Juno”]“Dance in the Vampire Bund”
“When the Seagulls cry”
“Sora No Woto”

And that’s it. If you want more, then go there.[/quote]

That’s it? I like some of the other animes. Damn double post.

[quote=“The_Juno”]Really? It look like a horror/action to me…but It still look good!

Also, Durarara! is pretty interesting. It’s A-Must watch.[/quote]

Oh Dance is really good but the romance between the two main characters plays a large part. Also from what I’ve heard the anime is going to be censored due to the amount of nudity in the manga but I’m still going to watch it lolitits or not >_>

Hmm I don’t know whether they’ll censor it or not Japan may let that slide. Yes the story is about a Vampire loli although don’t be fooled even though it is about love there is still action.

Thanks for the suggestion guys.

I have two days off in a row this upcoming week. I’ll have to pick something to watch during then.

[quote=“Kumiko”]Thanks for the suggestion guys.

I have two days off in a row this upcoming week. I’ll have to pick something to watch during then.[/quote]

Out of the new stuff I’d tell you to watch Dance in the Vampire Bund even though it has romance it still has action & Dhurarara!! it also has romance but they seem to be most like what you’d want.