Halo Reach Character Creation

I just got done reading a big ol article over at IGN about the newest halo title and I couldn’t help but think that with how popular the armor thing was in Halo 3 that with Reach having more than just the chief as the hero they could do more on character creation and options. I just want to see if you guys think it might be. It would be kick ass but am I just a dreamer or does this sound at all possible.

ODST was just a little spin off Reach is Halo 4 or at least that’s how its looking.

ODST was an “expansion” for Halo 3. So thats why it didnt fair so well. Could u see the whole character creation thing happening?

ODST didn’t do well that’s news to me.

Reach is a prequel. It was a planet that got destroyed along with all but one Spartan before the events in Combat Evolved took place.

Yeah, didn’t it sell quite a few million?

Anyhow, I can’t see Bungie doing a character creation, to be honest. In fact, I can’t imagine Bungie doing anything they’re not familiar with…

[quote=“nothere413”]Yeah, didn’t it sell quite a few million?

Anyhow, I can’t see Bungie doing a character creation, to be honest. In fact, I can’t imagine Bungie doing anything they’re not familiar with…[/quote]
Explain. If you can’t see through something like that, then you must really be going blind. Halo 3’s multiplayer already introduced customizable armor for every player, which could easily be expanded. And they know how to integrate weapons the player is holding into the cutscenes for the story. So that couldn’t be done the same with armor? LOL, fucking please.

I don’t see what your point is. All it looks like is a stupid pot-shot at a development studio. I imagine you do know that Bungie made more games that aren’t Halo or FPSs in general, right?

Still is Halo 4 to me at least the way I see it and yeah I know its a prequel. As for the original topic of having customizable characters makes sense I don’t know if they will but I would like that to happen.

Still is Halo 4 to me and yeah its a prequel I mean its like the next big Halo game ODST just feels like an offshoot to me. As for the original topic of having customizable characters makes sense I don’t know if they will but I would like that to happen.

Dang Double Post

Also ODST feels like an offshoot to me because honestly you aren’t playing a spartan one of the things that I really liked about the games.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]Explain. If you can’t see through something like that, then you must really be going blind. Halo 3’s multiplayer already introduced customizable armor for every player, which could easily be expanded. And they know how to integrate weapons the player is holding into the cutscenes for the story. So that couldn’t be done the same with armor? LOL, fucking please.

I don’t see what your point is. All it looks like is a stupid pot-shot at a development studio. I imagine you do know that Bungie made more games that aren’t Halo or FPSs in general, right?[/quote]

Ohhh please Halo is the only thing Bungie has made that is worth even mentioning.

Marathon was meh and Oni is a peice of fucking shit. And I havent heard anyone sucking Myth’s dick or any of their other past franchises either >_>

Hey fuck you buddy I liked Marathon.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]Explain. If you can’t see through something like that, then you must really be going blind. Halo 3’s multiplayer already introduced customizable armor for every player, which could easily be expanded. And they know how to integrate weapons the player is holding into the cutscenes for the story. So that couldn’t be done the same with armor? LOL, fucking please.

I don’t see what your point is. All it looks like is a stupid pot-shot at a development studio. I imagine you do know that Bungie made more games that aren’t Halo or FPSs in general, right?[/quote]

But they all sucked. Believe me, Oni is a shitfest. I bought it as a joke for a friend after hearing about it from Chad back on G4 and it really is THAT BAD.

As far as I’m concerned, Bungie is a one-trick pony.

Wow this kinda went the wrong way…do you guys think the idea of customization is cool for halo? If you look at the photo it shows 5 spartans only one of who has the traditional armor (master chief). It only seems natural that they would have some sort of character creation/customization. The unlockable armor was a big deal in Halo 3 why not follow up with that but take it up a notch with Reach? I just hope they give different body types. They seem to have two women in that photo and a very large guy so hopefully u can choose between big/small guy/girl.

Seems to be the case or maybe its a class based game like this dude looks like hes the heavy of the group.

[quote=“GillianSeed”]Seems to be the case or maybe its a class based game like this dude looks like hes the heavy of the group.

[/quote]

thats always been my favorite type of hero. Is one who just muscles through things. Im hoping i can be a big ol spartan that would be awesome.

If they were to add a deeper customization aspect to the game would you guys be for it or against it?

I would be for it I love character customization it allows me to personalize what I want and not look like everyone else.

Depends on what we give up for it. I think if consumers give up nothing then its pretty obvious they’d welcome inclusion of character customization especially if it has any kind of depth.

[quote=“nothere413”]But they all sucked. Believe me, Oni is a shitfest. I bought it as a joke for a friend after hearing about it from Chad back on G4 and it really is THAT BAD.

As far as I’m concerned, Bungie is a one-trick pony.[/quote]

Funny how the one trick pony continues to get lauded by the industry for creating one of the greatest franchises in gaming history and how people still hang on every word that comes out regarding Reach. Oh, and it’s also pretty funny how such a “bad” game continues to pretty much crush any PSN game in user traffic.

Ryan, just stop trying to hate on Halo. It’s a good series, just give the rhetoric a rest.

EDIT: Anywho, trying to get the train back on the tracks after bitchy bitchfests derailed it, I really don’t care if there is custom character creation or not, as long as the gameplay is solid.

[quote=“AoR Final”]Funny how the one trick pony continues to get lauded by the industry for creating one of the greatest franchises in gaming history and how people still hang on every word that comes out regarding Reach. Oh, and it’s also pretty funny how such a “bad” game continues to pretty much crush any PSN game in user traffic.

Ryan, just stop trying to hate on Halo. It’s a good series, just give the rhetoric a rest.
[/quote]

u mad.

It gets lauded for doing the same thing over and over again because… well, people like it.

Trying to say Bungie has pushed the envelope from Halo 1 to Halo 3 is laughable, at best.

Same gameplay, different story.