Halloween Gaming '08: My Current Lineup

Look what I bought on my trip to GameStop tonight. :up;:Q

• Resident Evil 0 (GC)
  • Resident Evil (GC)
  • Resident Evil 2 (GC)
  • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (GC)
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (GC)
  • Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
  • Dementium: The Ward (DS)

In addition to replaying RE4: Wii Edition for the first time on Professional. I need suggestions on which order to play the afformentioned REs, right now it’s been suggested I play them in the following order: REmake, RE2, RE:CVX, RE3, RE0, and then RE:UC. Anyone want to ammend this list?

Nope. I approve.

I’ll start my Halloween gaming with Dead Space this week but as for everything else…It may need to take a back seat just because of all the games coming out. Though from what I’ve heard, Fallout 3 is suppose to have an eerie feeling to it just because its concept being something that could actually happen.

Though I can see myself playing from Fatal Frame.

REmake is, uhh, unplayable. o_0

I knew it would be bad, but wtf were they smoking? Red Steel controls better than this game. :confused;

I’m so getting Dead Space

My friend might be getting Dead Space for PC and share it with me; depends if his setup is enough. He was disappointed when he found out it’s more like RE than System Shock, though.

more tales of vesperia, maybe some dead space(if gamefly sends it, if not bioshock again) and then fallout fallout fallout :3

Tales isn’t really a Halloween-ish game, though…

I started playing Resident Evil: Director’s Cut today. I got mad and decided to never play it again for one simple reason: The controls are terrible.

well i mean there are caves and you can make rita wear bat wings…>_>
it probably would be a good idea to try and actually play the REmake and maybe RE0 though…

Yeah, if I lose a few boss battles because of the terrible controls that’ll probably be it for me. I can get most of the story (in updated 3D and shooter controls :!:wink: in Umbrella Chronicles anyways. :rose;

[quote=“Axel”]well i mean there are caves and you can make rita wear bat wings…>_>
it probably would be a good idea to try and actually play the REmake and maybe RE0 though…[/quote]

Yeah. REmake apparently was the “scariest game” IGN’s ever played when it was released, and RE0 apparently has control enhancements (going by IGN’s reviews.)

There was a rumor in August that RE2 was gonna get a remake like REmake crossed with RE4 on the Wii- I really wish it was true. :sad;

I should try and finish the second night of Fatal Frame its been sitting idly for a few months waiting to be picked up again but I always forget about it :confused:

OK so I’m playing REmake, and I’m playing as Chris on Easy. I’ve been following this walkthrough guide because this game is cryptic as hell, and I’ve got to this part:

[quote]There are two zombies in the room, one coming up from the stairs and the other
around the corner past the stairs. Don’t go through the first door you see,
although you can unlock it now. You’ll notice a zombie on the floor after
heading down the stairs, and it’ll be back if you don’t dispose of it. For
now, don’t worry about it. Enter the door next to the body and you’ll be in a
Safe Room. Deposit whatever you don’t need, but be sure to keep you handgun
and some ammo and the Sword Key. Come back out the Safe Room and go the
way you haven’t gone yet. There are 2 doors, but you can only unlock one, so
go through there. [/quote]

Problem is, I can’t unlock either doors. I’m thinking the guide assumes I know how to unlock doors that have the message, “It’s locked. It’s an old fashion lock that’s rather simple in mechanism.”

But I can’t unlock those doors (yet) for whatever reason. Someone help me out?

lol thats why i haven’t beaten the game yet, the game doesn’t tell you where to freakin go 90% of the time =\ might pick it up though if i wanna play a scary game
getting dead space and possibly bioshock in the mail tomorrow though :3

Apparently, Dead Space is a hard game too, according to Gamer. >_>

[quote=“Andrex”]OK so I’m playing REmake, and I’m playing as Chris on Easy. I’ve been following this walkthrough guide because this game is cryptic as hell, and I’ve got to this part:

Problem is, I can’t unlock either doors. I’m thinking the guide assumes I know how to unlock doors that have the message, “It’s locked. It’s an old fashion lock that’s rather simple in mechanism.”

But I can’t unlock those doors (yet) for whatever reason. Someone help me out?[/quote]

Oh! I know where you’re at!

The body that is on the floor where the Safe Room is is a zombie that will turn into a Crimson Head later on in the game. It’s your option to either dispose of it now by burning it or you can just deal with it when it changes.

Alright, I have a basic idea as to where you are but as to what you need to do next depends on what you did last. So describe to me the last thing you did.

[quote=“Kumiko”]Oh! I know where you’re at!

The body that is on the floor where the Safe Room is is a zombie that will turn into a Crimson Head later on in the game. It’s your option to either dispose of it now by burning it or you can just deal with it when it changes.

Alright, I have a basic idea as to where you are but as to what you need to do next depends on what you did last. So describe to me the last thing you did.[/quote]

I got the golden arrow, got the green arrowhead, unlocked the outdoor underground gear factory, got the book of curses from under the creepy hanging coffin, examined it to get the mansion key, and then examined that to get the sword key.

Oh and examining things so they change into something useful is annoying… Clever, but annoying.

[quote=“Andrex”]I got the golden arrow, got the green arrowhead, unlocked the outdoor underground gear factory, got the book of curses from under the creepy hanging coffin, examined it to get the mansion key, and then examined that to get the sword key.

Oh and examining things so they change into something useful is annoying… Clever, but annoying.[/quote]

Ok, so you’re collecting the masks. I’ll try to explain this the best way I can because there’s four masks.

[align=center]Death Mask (See No Evil)
Check List[/align]

[ ] Chemical mixture (picked up from outside on the bottom floor)
[ ] Dog Whistle (picked up from the office on the second floor)

1. Take the dog whistle and go to the balcony outside on the second floor of the west wing of the Spencer mansion. Stand at the far end of the balcony where some herb plants should be and blow the whistle. A Cerberus will attack and once you kill it, examine its body for the collar. Examine the collar to reveal a token hidden inside. Examine the token to push the button on it to get the Imitation Key.

2. Take the key and go to the Armor Hallway. (In other words, return to the West Stairwell corridor and follow it to the hallway where the mirrors were and then go to through the door to the hallway where suits of armor were located.) In this hallway, you’ll see a slab with a key on it. Take that key and a scene will trigger. Quickly put the Imitation Key in its place and walk out alive with the Armor Key.

3. Return to the West Stairwell and go down the steps to the first floor. (Make sure you have the Chemical Mixture with your now. If not, pick it up from the inventory chest in the safe room by the stair well.) Use the Armor Key to unlock the door past the two windows.

4. You’ll now be in a dark hallway and you’ll hear zombies hitting the windows. Quickly run down hallway to the end and enter the room. You’ll be in a room with a live plant in the middle of it. There’s a water tank by the door; this is where you place the chemicals in the water and turn the switch (to I believe red- do not turn it to green or you’ll kill herbs that you can use). This will kill the plant in the middle and allow you to take the mask on the other side of the room.

[align=center]Death Mask (Face of No Evil)
Check List[/align]

[ ] Armor Key

1. Go to the Eastern wing of the mansion on the second floor. In the hallway connected to the Great Hall, you’ll see double doors that are locked. Use the Armor Key to unlock them and you’ll enter a room with suits of armor. Some of the suits will move forward because guess what? This is a puzzle!

Make sure to not hit the button until you move all the armor in their correct places or the room will fill with gas.

1. Move the armor in the following order:
  • Top-left
  • Top-Right
  • Bottom-left
  • Bottom- Right

Now push the bottom to get the Jewelry Box.

1. Examine the box for another puzzle. Just simply push the sun button first and the moon button second to open it and claim the second mask.

[align=center]Death Mask (Smell No Evil)
Check List[/align]

[ ] Armour Key
[ ] Lighter
[ ] Wooden Emblem
[ ] Golden Emblem

1. After exiting the room with the suit of armor puzzle, stay in that hallway and go to another locked door around the corner. It will unlock with Armor Key. You’ll enter a hallway where you find of my favorite side characters, Richard, injured from a snake bite. (If you’re playing as Chris, Rebecca will be there.) A scene will trigger asking you to get the Blood Serum from the medial room to save him. (I believe there’s no limit if you’re playing on easy and if you’re on medium or hard, it’s a few minutes.)

2. This is one of the few times in the game where what you do will effect something:

[align=center]Playing as Jill:[/align]
Save Richard- [SPOILER]He’ll help you in a boss battle and you get a radio.[/SPOILER]
Richard Dies- [SPOILER]No support in the fight.[/SPOILER]

[align=center]Playing as Chris:[/align]
Save Richard- [SPOILER]Rebecca takes him to the medial room to rest. She’ll offer to heal your wounds. She can heal you up to three times as long as she’s in the medial room. You also get the radio.[/SPOILER]
Richard Dies- [SPOILER]You don’t get jack shit.[/SPOILER]

1. After either helping Richard or letting him die (you bastard), continue onward to toward the attic. A zombie will be in the hallway. You need to get past it either by dodging or killing it to get to the room at the end. Enter it and light the candles on the table to light up the room.

2. Move the book shelf that blocks a secret room but be careful a zombie will be in the small room. It’s best to run out of it and run around to the other side of the table. Lure the zombie out of the room this way and just dodge it to get into the small room and collect the musical score on the shelf. (There’s no point in shooting this zombie because it’s just a waste of ammo since you never enter this room again.)

3. When you have the musical score, return to the Dinning Room on the first floor. Take the Wooden Emblem off of the wall above the fire place. (If you collected it earlier, then skip this step and just have it in your inventory.)

4. Go to the dark hallway where you encountered the very first zombie in the beginning of the game but this time, go the opposite direction than you did when the game first began. Unlock the Music Room with the Armor Key.

5. Pass the piano and push the shelf in the alcove area to get the second part of the musical score. Combined the two in your inventory and then approach the piano.

If you’re playing as Jill, play the piano.

If you’re playing as Chris, he sucks so Rebecca walks in to try it but she sucks, too! She’ll ask you to leave the room so she can practice. Just simple leave the room, run down the hall, enter the Dinning Room again, and then return. When you go back, she’ll say that she got it.

A wall will open up.

1. Go through the wall and pick up the first piece of my favorite file, Trevor’s Diary. Then take the Golden Emblem. The wall will close but don’t worry, just replace it with the Wooden one. Now go back to the Dinning Room and place the Golden Emblem over the fireplace to stop the Grandfather clock.

2. Examine the painting by the clock since it holds the key to the next puzzle or just listen me…Put the long hand on the ‘12’ (or the red helmet) and the small hand on the ‘6’ (or the green chest piece). The clock will ring and reveal the Shield Key.

3. Prepare yourself for battle! Get some herbs and take the shotgun with you and return to the attic where Richard was. You’ll now fight Yawn, the giant snake. Just simply shoot at him until he goes away and collect the Death Mask after the fight.

I found a mistake in a guide book at this part. Their colors are wrong so just follow me lead.

[align=center]Death Mask (Say No Evil)
Check List[/align]

[ ] Armor Key

1. Go to the first floor on the western wing to enter the Gallery Chamber. This is a giant puzzle with multiple pictures and lights. At the end of the hallway you’ll see a picture of a woman wearing an green crown, purple necklace, and a orange bracelet. Guess what colors you need to get?!

Note: If you mess up on the puzzle or get attacked by the crows, just exit the hallway and return. It will reset it all.

1. You’ll notice that there’s three pictures besides the woman:
  • Valiant with a bracelet
  • Sage with a necklace
  • Saint with a crown

Now do the following:

• Flip the north spotlight on the Valiant to turn it orange.
  • Flip the south spotlight on the Saint to turn it green.
  • Flip the south spotlight on the Sage to turn it purple.
  1. The puzzle is solved, so flip the switch under the woman’s picture (who is suppose to be Lisa) and exit the room. The Death Mask will be laying outside.

Note: There’s other things to do and other rooms to go into with the Armor Key. I only told you where the masks are and how to get them. The rest I’ll leave up to you.

This all seems very complicated and arbitrary. :confused;

Well I skipped all the GameCube REs and went straight for Umbrella Chronicles. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll get around to them eventually… probably next October…

Anyways UC is so much fun. The game is much more polished than I thought, a solid 80-85 right now at least. Upgradeable weapons, destructable environments, expanded storyline objectives… It’s really almost everything you could want in a rails shooter. I’ve just beaten the underground worm thingy in RE3, and I have to say, co-op plus Perfect Shots in this game is unrivaled in the genre. Wow. Had a blast.

I just remembered I still have to beat all those games.

Damnit. :sad;