Giving it some serious thought...

I’m actually contemplating going to the ER right now. My foot is swollen and has been since Monday (that I’ve noticed). I might have gout. I dunno. It’s spreading to my toes and they’re becoming numb. Only on the left foot though. Kind of weird. But, anyway…

I’ve been thinking lately about my life. Where is it heading, where it has been. What I want to accomplish while I’m on this earthly realm. I’m not as active as I was even a year ago. My job doesn’t require it, and my lack of social life doesn’t contribute to it. I don’t have the time to do the things I want, and I’m tired a lot more. But I’m also in a stable job for once. One of those classic 9-5 thingies with the union benefits. So, I guess life isn’t all bad.

And still, there are things I’ve put off from my youth that I’ve never achieved. And not just the world’s largest POG collection. I’ll be 30 in less than a year and a half. I see friends of mine all the sudden, who I haven’t spoken to or seen in 10+ years, and almost all of them have gone on to get married, have kids, move away, and so on. Me? Nothing. Still planning the second friendly “date” with a co-worker about 4 months later, and I use that term loosely.

But I guess what the point I’m trying to get at (and why this thread is in the videogame forum) is that there are things that have come to my attention that are more important to me now that my eyes have been opened, than my gaming habits. I play very little games as it is. Warhawk is always in my PS3. My “default” game. I actually played through 1/2 of Dark Sector in the last 3 days, but mostly because my foot has kept me incapacitated. I bought a 360 earlier in the year. Haven’t touched it since March. My Wii? Haven’t touched in over a year. WELL over a year.

I have games and games and games, and so many damned games in my “collection”… things I bought due to interest and intent in some day playing them, crossed with a delusional compulsive need to simply have them… I will NEVER get around to playing them. I have hundreds (that’s plural) games, still in the shrink wrap, I will NEVER, EVER, EVER touch, from 5 years ago. I have to look back and can only wonder what I was thinking.

Looking on, there are just things that are more important to me than holding on to these games. In fact, the games are no doubt holding me back, because they’re weighing on my conscious as a part of my life I will never be in control of and a time I’ve wasted that I’ll never get back. It’s just time to move on.

So… I have decided that a purge is in order. I can’t say WHEN it will happen, but SOON it will happen, that I am going to part with a ton of my games. And I’m curious to know, from any of you, does anyone have an idea of the best place to appraise the value of games? I don’t mean checking ebay or Gamestop. But, I mean, does anyone know of any videogame trading forums or something like that? I know I’m going to take a loss on these when I do part with them. That’s all part of the process of moving on. But I’m going to want to try and find a place where I can at least get a range of value for what I’ve got in my possession.

You’d be surprised how many people are in the same position your in. (Not your foot, you probably should get that looked at)

But your smart enough to put videogames past you, some people look at videogames as a way to escape, but I find that just as dumb as smoking drugs, because your doing nothing beneficial with your life. So at least your above that.

But as for the other issue, I’d sell games individually on Ebay.

If you have a full series of games, I’d sell them in series.

If you want to do it quickly, but not get as much money, Craigslist it, and do one where your having a garage sell, and your selling videogames.

Supposed to go to the doctor’s on wednesday. If I make it that long.

Had my foot not started acting up. I’d be cataloging games this weekend. Hrmph…

I don’t think I could ever do that. What about your old G4 tapes?

Man, you sound like this foot thing is about to kill you and you’re writing like you’re expecting to die in the near future.

That’s scaring me.

I hope there’s nothing seriously wrong with your foot. Anyway, I’m in a similar position as you but I don’t want to get into it.

Well, I would say to use ebay, Amazon, or Craigslist or something. I don’t really know of any forums dedicated to trading or selling games…but I’m sure you could find some, or if anything, post links to your pages.

Don’t worry. If anything, only an amputation will be in order. :slight_smile:

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. Even well before the whole foot thing happened. I’m just not that much into gaming anymore. And the few I am into can surely tide me over. I need to restructure what I’m doing with my life.

I know Digitpress and Cheapassgamer have trading forums, but they’re really the only two I’ve gone to.

As for the G4 tapes… I dunno. It will probably be a little while before I get back to going through my VHS stuff anyway.

You’d be surprised how much competition you can get if you sell your system with all it’s games/accessories through ebay. The winning bid won’t likely give you back it’s whole money’s worth, but it’s more than what other trades would give you for that kind of stuff.

And like juice said, if you have full series of games, sell them in series.

Just saying.

Also, tell me your ebay or amazon account if you do sell your games. Cause I assume you have a shit load of Megaman stuff right?

Jet X20 or Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild?

Which is the better of the two?

I played JetX20 and, I dunno, wasn’t too impressed. Have yet to open Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild, though.

BTW… the transformers game from 2007 looks like ass on my HDTV, but Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution doesn’t look half bad, and that came out in, what, 2003? Neither seem to be anamorphic though. Transformers: The Game seems to have that “blown up crap” effect that Armored Core has on my PS3.

Well… I don’t want to sell the systems, because there ARE games I will keep. Just, hopefully, not too many. Though, I DO have a second Gamecube I’ve never opened. And like 3 pair of those DK Bongos. Hmm…

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how I look at it, a lot of the games I will ultimately part with are sealed copies, so I’ll never even get around to knowing if I would have liked them or not. I just know I’ll never get around to playing them one way or another, so why keep them and why deprive someone else of them?

As for MegaMan stuff… even though MMX7 and MMX8 are lame… the only real MegaMan game I’m likely to part with as of right this moment is that RPG one that came out for Gamecube. Going to hold on to the 16-Bit and prior games right now since they’re all packed up anyway.

Working on going through my PS2 games at the moment. 21 games on the list to get rid of and counting. 7 of them are still sealed. Besides… why do I really care if Dante is in the PS2 Viewtiful Joe anyway?

[quote=“spooie”]Well… I don’t want to sell the systems, because there ARE games I will keep. Just, hopefully, not too many. Though, I DO have a second Gamecube I’ve never opened. And like 3 pair of those DK Bongos. Hmm…

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how I look at it, a lot of the games I will ultimately part with are sealed copies, so I’ll never even get around to knowing if I would have liked them or not. I just know I’ll never get around to playing them one way or another, so why keep them and why deprive someone else of them?

As for MegaMan stuff… even though MMX7 and MMX8 are lame… the only real MegaMan game I’m likely to part with as of right this moment is that RPG one that came out for Gamecube. Going to hold on to the 16-Bit and prior games right now since they’re all packed up anyway.

Working on going through my PS2 games at the moment. 21 games on the list to get rid of and counting. 7 of them are still sealed. Besides… why do I really care if Dante is in the PS2 Viewtiful Joe anyway?[/quote]

If I had money I would be going on a betting frenzy on your stuff.

[quote=“spooie”]
As for MegaMan stuff… even though MMX7 and MMX8 are lame… the only real MegaMan game I’m likely to part with as of right this moment is that RPG one that came out for Gamecube. Going to hold on to the 16-Bit and prior games right now since they’re all packed up anyway. [/quote]

You suck. :neutral_face:

I’ve never heard of either of those titles.

You must be really bored right now.

Well, you need not worry right now, because I still need to get a Paypal account and won’t be doing much of anything until this foot, whatever is wrong, heals. Plus, I have my GCN, Xbox, GBA, DS, PSP, 360, Wii, PS3 and maybe even PS1 stuff to weed through first. And I know at least 12 GB/GBC games I want to dump.

I should just do an ebay-ultimate-purge-BBQ

That’s what SHE said. :wink:

Er… wait. :disgust;

JetX20 I THINK (but don’t quote me) is an offshoot of the Jet Moto games with some of the designers working on it. The controls are very loose, and I don’t care much for them.

I decided to open Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild to give it a shot, just to see what I thought. It actually does control better from the short 20 minutes I spent on it. Oddly, it’s the sequel to the original game, which was available on both the Xbox and PS2, but THIS one is only on the PS2. Guess it didn’t sell well on Xbox originally.

Could you, would you, maybe, post your videogame collection? Like a pic or something. From your text, it seems huge.

I guess I could. Wish you asked me earlier :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m only posting these now, because, well… I had them unpacked, so I figured, why not?

My cat jumped on the bed and literally demolished my pile like 3 seconds after I took this shot.

These are still sealed.

These are… um… uh…

Not pictured are my “loose” games I got used through some obscure source. I’m thinking I have MAYBE around, I dunno, 15 of them, elsewhere.

Dawm.

So you just compulsively buy games, and never play them?