Game makers still struggle with PS3

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175838

Man this is still a major problem? Yeah they’ll say they’ll eventually fix it but damn that’s pretty crazy that its still happening not to mention they are demoing it like that.

Water is wet and birds go tweet.

Tune in next time for another Episode of ‘Things You Should Know By Now!’ Is fire hot? We’ll find out!

Like all your threads have something critical to say about the PS3…

And this one is obvious.

[quote=“nothere413”]Like all your threads have something critical to say about the PS3…

And this one is obvious.[/quote]

Well it happens to be based on news on a demo. I remember SBF saying this wouldn’t keep happening yet it still does.

Well, we all know that except Sbf, then…

Not even the greatness of Platinum can overcome the PS3.

They keep saying its Cell and the Synergistic Processing Elements.

It’s bullshit to call this a major problem. In the past few months you’ve only seen one game Ghostbusters that was wildly inferior to the 360 version. Across the board from Prototype, Red Faction Gerilla, UFC, Fight Night Round 4, and Bionic Commando the PS3 version was either close or equal.

Keep in mind these are games that were actually RELEASED as in FINISHED products.
Games are a progressive product I’m sure if they released screens of the wireframes and low textures build God of War 3 from 2 years ago you would be spouting off about that too.

At the end of the day what matters is the product they ship out the door to consumers. If it still has these issues then it’s a problem OTHERWISE it is not a big deal.

[quote=“sbf717”]It’s bullshit to call this a major problem. In the past few months you’ve only seen one game Ghostbusters that was wildly inferior to the 360 version. Across the board from Prototype, Red Faction Gerilla, UFC, Fight Night Round 4, and Bionic Commando the PS3 version was either close or equal.

Keep in mind these are games that were actually RELEASED as in FINISHED products.
Games are a progressive product I’m sure if they released screens of the wireframes and low textures build God of War 3 from 2 years ago you would be spouting off about that too.

At the end of the day what matters is the product they ship out the door to consumers. If it still has these issues then it’s a problem OTHERWISE it is not a big deal.[/quote]

Your right it could be because the PS3 one isn’t finished yet but that’s pretty bad for a game you are demoing. Again you bring up what god of war 3 was 2 years ago and that’s all good and fine but this is a game that’s being demoed and is expected to release early 2010. Why do we keep seeing this trend of game makers being behind on the PS3 one? If they just prioritize the 360 one that’s still a bad sign.

I don’t know if you know this,since the Wii doesn’t even have downloadble demos of Wii games, but most demos clearly give a warning that it is based on an unfinished product.

Most developers probably have enough faith in gamers that they also know that games are progressive and what they are seeing is not finished but they are happy that they are at least see or play some of it.

Again I’m sure not having access to demos on Wii (I’m not even sure if Nintendo Power makes a demo disc or something) probably gives you a slant view…you probably expect everything to be perfect and fine in a demo of an unfinshed game b/c you are just ignorant to how this whole process works.

I have no idea why some developers might choose the route they do all I care about is the final product they ship because I’m a consumer not a developer. If the final product is the same or close I couldn’t care if they made the 360 version first or last.

[quote=“sbf717”]I don’t know if you know this,since the Wii doesn’t even have downloadble demos of Wii games, but most demos clearly give a warning that it is based on an unfinished product.

Most developers probably have enough faith in gamers that they also know that games are progressive and what they are seeing is not finished but they are happy that they are at least see or play some of it.

Again I’m sure not having access to demos on Wii (I’m not even sure if Nintendo Power makes a demo disc or something) probably gives you a slant view…you probably expect everything to be perfect and fine in a demo of an unfinshed game b/c you are just ignorant to how this whole process works.

I have no idea why some developers might choose the route they do all I care about is the final product they ship because I’m a consumer not a developer. If the final product is the same or close I couldn’t care if they made the 360 version first or last.[/quote]

Its not a downloadble demo its a demo at an event in Japan. If they PS3 version is last it is more likely not have its problems solved it should concern you since I believe you prefer PS3.

Most of the demos at events turn into demos given to consumers so it’s the same concept.

So I’m sure that they told the event watchers roughly the same thing.

Bayonetta has no online play so I would buy it for PS3 or 360. It’s not of my concern at all.

[quote=“sbf717”]Most of the demos at events turn into demos given to consumers so it’s the same concept.

Bayonetta has no online play so I would buy it for PS3 or 360. It’s not of my concern at all.[/quote]

Yes game demos can be online or offline the point is it sounds like its not in a state to be demoing. It may be none of your concern but it matters to Sony and Microsoft as well as Capcom which system you buy it for because Sony and Microsoft charge whatever fee’s for putting it on their consoles then Capcom see’s which platform is more advantageous to them.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]Water is wet and birds go tweet.

Tune in next time for another Episode of ‘Things You Should Know By Now!’ Is fire hot? We’ll find out![/quote]

After reading that nothing else matters right now.

[quote=“sbf717”]Most of the demos at events turn into demos given to consumers so it’s the same concept.

Bayonetta has no online play so I would buy it for PS3 or 360. It’s not of my concern at all.[/quote]

http://bayonetta.jp/

Apparently it launches in October so I doubt they will fix the problems.

Thats the Japanese launch it launches in the US in early 2010

Again has NOTHING to do with my concerns b/c Im not buying the JP release. We also have no idea how old the build of the PS3 version and these issues can be solved in little than a month if they wanted too.

Seriously why do you keep talking about this when you clearly cant seem to comprehend the process of games evolving even ones in a short time.

Your ingorance to this is just sad.

updates ingore list

[quote=“sbf717”]Thats the Japanese launch it launches in the US in early 2010

Again has NOTHING to do with my concerns b/c Im not buying the JP release. You are really stupid to the way games are made and shown. We have no idea how old the build of the PS3 version and these issues can be solved in little than a month if they wanted too.

Seriously why do you keep talking about this when you clearly cant seem to comprehend the process of games evolving even ones in a short time.

Your ingorance to this is just sad.

updates ingore list[/quote]

Yes the Japanese launch which this game was at a Japanese event. I don’t see why its so weird? It seems like a short time to be fixed I really don’t know it probably can be but that doesn’t bode well for a game 2 months before release. Also go ahead and ignore me but that’s pretty sad you are ignoring me just because all you want to hear are rosy things about Sony and not hear about things you should want fixed.