Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 Graphics

[quote][align=left]Players given the opportunity to playtest the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII side-by-side have been reporting the in-game graphics of the Xbox 360 version are noticeably inferior to those of the PS3.

Square Enix’s marketing activities, in the form of a touring bus, have given US fans the chance to play both:

From a real person:

[i]I went to the Sunnyvale one today and got to play the 360 version. I am so very disappointed to see the difference in textures and detail of the 360 version vs. the PS3. =( I know it’s DVD vs. BD, but I didn’t think it would be that noticeable. My boyfriend told me it’s fine if I wanna stick with the 360 version, but he’s going for the PS3 one now.[/i]

From a game journalist:

Both PS3s and 360s were being used to show off the game, which was great as I was able to see both versions running side-by-side. As expected, the 360 version was noticeably less crisp than its PS3 counterpart, but it still ran nicely.

Additionally, the developers recently made an interesting admission:

[i]It was easy to port to the Xbox. Porting to the PS3 is harder. The PS3 has more processing power but you have to do it properly.[/i]

The only difference reported previously was that the movies and sound on the Xbox 360 would be substantially lower quality in order to cram the game onto 3 DVDs – in-game graphical differences were said to be absent.

International fans planning to purchase the Xbox version are understandably dismayed by this, although at least it seems to demonstrate the game was not intentionally crippled on the PS3 in order to accommodate the port.[/quote]

Sankaku Complex (18+!)

Can’t say it will suppress PS3.[/LEFT]

[quote]Additionally, the developers recently made an interesting admission:

It was easy to port to the Xbox. Porting to the PS3 is harder. The PS3 has more processing power but you have to do it properly.[/quote]

Why do people treat old news as if it’s an astonishing discovery?

Well out of the billion 360/PS3 ports, I guess one of them eventually has to be better on PS3. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only on PS3 can you see the intense pedo lust in Lighting’s eyes every time she looks at Hope!!!

…that’s his name? >_>

Don’t care.

I’ll be getting it for the system I have.

Yeah he’s the youngest and the HOPE for the future

REAL GODDAMN SUBTLE!

_>

[quote=“sbf717”]Yeah he’s the youngest and the HOPE for the future

REAL GODDAMN SUBTLE!

_>[/quote]

Square-Enix enjoys pissing me right the hell off, don’t they?

[quote=“sbf717”]Yeah he’s the youngest and the HOPE for the future

REAL GODDAMN SUBTLE!

_>[/quote]

It’s like they wanted to make this entire quote his real name but couldn’t fit it in. I can hear Nomura practically yelling it in my ear.

It should happen with every game since PS3 has better hardware. I’m guessing Square decided to pay or do whatever it took to make the PS3 version run better.

As soon as they announced it for the 360 mindshare of the PS3 took a hit. Its the game coming out on both systems at the same time outside Japan therefore PS3 lost what was once thought to be exclusive. The rage some had proves how much that meant.

[quote=“barcster_2003”]It should happen with every game since PS3 has better hardware. I’m guessing Square decided to pay or do whatever it took to make the PS3 version run better.

As soon as they announced it for the 360 mindshare of the PS3 took a hit. Its the game coming out on both systems at the same time outside Japan therefore PS3 lost what was once thought to be exclusive. The rage some had proves how much that meant.[/quote]

Eh. Fanboys rage over everything.

Or people could just shut up and not care about the system it’s on or how it looks on each and just play their fucking game.

People are going to compare all the time. Microsoft and Sony’s emphasis on graphics makes that worse. Companies realize that the hook for games on Xbox 360 and PS3 is how shiny they can make the graphics. Third parties don’t understand that thinking doesn’t work on Wii because they can’t best a 360 or PS3 game so they flounder. I’d say if I had a PS3 and I knew this knowledge the smart thing to do is buy it on PS3 Vs. the Xbox 360. Players will get it on the console they believe it to be best on if they have that console. I wouldn’t tell someone to get Madden for the Wii unless its the only console they had because its simply not where the game is best.

Damn hippies.

Also, this website is awesome :slight_smile: