Explain this one again to me...

Sony creates a format called Blu-Ray, which they purposely use the Playstation 3 to push to consumers, driving up the price of the system when it launched to ludicrous proportions. All the movies they release on Blu-Ray are BLUE cases.

Yet, when they turn to their PS3 games, they opt for hideously opaque red cases that make make your eyes bleed for their Greatest Hits titles, instead of nice, soothing, translucent BLUe colored ones?

Yeah, whenever I buy a Greatest Hits game, I try to find an older one with the old case.

The red cases are gross.

But if I recall, weren’t ALL HD-DVD cases red?

I think they aren’t blue because the normal Blu-ray movie cases are blue and they didn’t want to confuse them, but yeah, not a fan of the red cases.

[quote=“nothere413”]Yeah, whenever I buy a Greatest Hits game, I try to find an older one with the old case.

But if I recall, weren’t ALL HD-DVD cases red?[/quote]

Yes, and HD-DVD failed. So, maybe Sony is aiming for that.

My MGS4 and Ratchet and Clank games arrived today. MGS4 was in a normal case. The same cannot be said for R&C.

Yes, Sony certainly need to NOT confuse their customers. Hey, here is an idea… let’s bring out a new version of the PSP. Instead, we’ll take OUT the UMD drive, but charge people nearly $100 MORE for the system. Sounds like a winner.

:smiley:

Ehhh I always thought people who get the greatest hits version have no room to bitch about the case b/c you are getting it for half price.

Don’t like it buy the game at launch at full price >_>

[quote=“sbf717”]Ehhh I always thought people who get the greatest hits version have no room to bitch about the case b/c you are getting it for half price.

Don’t like it buy the game at launch at full price >_>[/quote]

I’m sorry if I don’t have the money to buy every game in existence at launch like some of the people on this forum do.
:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“spooie”]I’m sorry if I don’t have the money to buy every game in existence at launch like some of the people on this forum do.
:stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

So complain about it…

:stuck_out_tongue:

[SPOILER]I can barely afford games at all.[/SPOILER]

[quote=“spooie”]I’m sorry if I don’t have the money to buy every game in existence at launch like some of the people on this forum do.
:stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Then enjoy your red cases. Think of it as an soviet exclusive edition. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuck that noise. Buy the same game at bargain price in ebay.

Hey I’m all for people getting deals on games…

But I’d be more concerned with games like Froza 3, Madden 10, CoD 4 GOTY and Gears of War 2 that all come with exclusive vouchers for content that is only in a new copy. Or content that you can only get if you pre-order a game

So while you may not like the red case it came in… at least take comfort in knowing that Ratchet ToD greatest hits version has all the content as the version that came out at launch. :stuck_out_tongue:

Xbox greatest hits at least come in a silver case. I think the not putting ps3 games in blue period is not to confuse them with Blu-ray movies. I personally bought R&C on clearance right as the greatest hits came out for 14.95, original case (Target clearance)