EA's never going to learn

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/dead-space-extraction-a-watershed-for-mature-wii-games

Oh yes Wii owners are just going to jump all over a port of a game that instead of being a shooter got reduced to a light gun game sure its a sequel but its really relying on that Dead Space franchise which is not nearly that big. EA clearly doesn’t understand worth a shit what Wii owners really want. Sorry EA we don’t want lightgun games based on 360/PS3 franchises. I can just about tell you this shit isn’t going to work out. You were doing better with Tiger Woods and the like only to screw it up again. They wouldn’t take Tiger Woods and just make it a putting game and expect it to do better would they?

I personally don’t understand why EA thinks this is so great when they screw over the gameplay. I’ll give developers a big hint about Wii games quit switching the damn genre of franchises. Its really a problem with how they treat Wii owners to be honest quit giving us dumbed down games and expect people to care especially the hardcore audience on Wii you are treating them totally different and they say fuck off its not surprising. Very few games from third parties have made any efforts for hardcore Wii owners. Third party developers wonder why people mostly buy Nintendo games hmm could it be that they don’t want to play crap taken from franchises you established on other platforms? I’d rather play Modern Warefare Wii at least they didn’t switch genres.

Games like Tiger Woods belonged on the Wii.

Dead Space:Shittraction doesn’t.

Mature games should be on the 360/PS3, the market is there, so stay there.

Wii owners should’ve known that when they bought the Wii, they were getting very little M rated titles.

Pointless.

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Games like Tiger Woods belonged on the Wii.

Wii owners should’ve known that when they bought the Wii, they were getting very little M rated titles.

Pointless.[/quote]

Why is there some notion Mature games can’t be on Wii? To be honest EA had a decent idea until they switched genres. I would give a shit if developers actually cared but they are in this mode where everything has to be a damn lightgun game.

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Games like Tiger Woods belonged on the Wii.

Pointless.[/quote]

Why is there some notion Mature games can’t be on Wii to be honest EA had a decent idea until they switch genres. I would give a shit if developers actually cared but they are in this mode where everything has to be a damn lightgun game. I appreciate what some companies are doing like Marvelous and they realized its the perception of their brand that’s hurting them.

What the fuck?

Even if Extraction would fail on the Wii, it does not point in any shape/form/concept that making mature-oriented games is what causes problems with the Wii.

It’s the problem that people that don’t even try hard enough to make a mature game that could work well for the Wii. The level of maturity has nothing to do with quality, period. It’s that stupid misguided concept that makes the majority of the Wii’s library so fucking terrible.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]What the fuck?

Even if Extraction would fail on the Wii, it does not point in any shape/form/concept that making mature-oriented games is what causes problems with the Wii.

It’s the problem that people that don’t even try hard enough to make a mature game that could work well for the Wii. The level of maturity has nothing to do with quality, period. It’s that stupid misguided concept that makes the majority of the Wii’s library so fucking terrible.[/quote]

I agree most third parties are not understanding at all. I could have told EA a lightgun prequel to Dead Space wasn’t going to do well. Third parties shouldn’t complain Nintendo gets all the money until they release something worth a damn. Most companies admit they weren’t prepared and they tried to cash in which is why their games are all shit.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]What the fuck?

It’s the problem that people that don’t even try hard enough to make a mature game that could work well for the Wii. The level of maturity has nothing to do with quality, period. It’s that stupid misguided concept that makes the majority of the Wii’s library so fucking terrible.[/quote]

I don’t think this at all.

The Wii is not marketed for the hardcore market.

The PS3 and 360, for the most part, is.

Harcore market=Mature games

Casual market=fun, mostley family titles.

What I’m trying to say is, the Wii is not marketed to people who play M games, so why release a M rated title on that system.

Barcster, if you want a rated M game, buy a 360 or PS3 than, thats what those systems were made for >_>

[quote=“JPjuice23”]I don’t think this at all.

The Wii is not marketed for the hardcore market.

The PS3 and 360, for the most part, is.

Harcore market=Mature games

Casual market=fun, mostley family titles.

What I’m trying to say is, the Wii is not marketed to people who play M games, so why release a M rated title on that system.

Barcster, if you want a rated M game, buy a 360 or PS3 than, thats what those systems were made for >_>[/quote]

I never said I wanted M rated games. I said I’d prefer if third parties actually treated Wii fans with respect and gave them good games instead of ports and genre changing bullshit. Also why can’t the Wii have good games also I’m not referring at all to the fact they have to be rated M in fact I personally don’t care whether its M rated or not I’m perfect fine playing Mario Galaxy, Zelda, ECT and none of them are rated M they just are good instead of trash. Why should I bother to buy dead space extraction when there are much better games on Wii. Muramasa: The Demon Blade is an example of doing it right. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is also another one doing it right although they are probably going to run into the problem of Americans not knowing the characters from Tatsunoko.

I would not buy it anyway. I bought the Wii for titles like Tiger Woods. Haven’t played a light gun game in years.

…goes back too playing MadWorld.

So… lemme get this straight… the fate of Mature games on the Wii rests on the shoulders of Eurocom?

:lol